Need ideas to make my startup successful

• My first idea: Get your old job back so you can pay your bills and THEN think about what kind of business you want to start and where to get your team. You want to start a business so it's your job to come up with an idea.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

My first idea: Get your old job back so you can pay your bills and THEN think about what kind of business you want to start and where to get your team. You want to start a business so it's your job to come up with an idea.

Was my first guess too. First comes the idea, and then the implementation. Ideally, step by step, if you can run the new business as a sideline biz. If possible, one never ever should jump in at the deep. Especially not if you have no concrete ideas. Or at least an inspiration.

I would advise looking for this inspiration during a consultation with a representative of an entrepreneur club or such. I did it. Although I already had a small business that I only run as a sideline biz since I was just starting my studies, I still needed the experience of, as I preferred, local people who had been making a living from their businesses for a long time. Even if, as said, I don't run it as a full-time biz, this still paid off. Especially in these times.
    • I appreciate the vote of confidence, but why are you requesting advice about starting a new business from a teen-oriented site? Granted, @lliam dose have some experience with it and gave some good advice, but usually people learn about starting a business, if they're going all into it.

Do you know anything about running a business, or starting one? Do you have any ideas on what product/service you'll sell?
    • As I was pushed into working selfemployed, I started some courses at a community college, I learned all the basics in the in economics and law, taxes, accounting, material procurement, trading etc. etc.

What really helped me were two lectures by people from practice with provable results and long-term experience . One lecture was given by an older, former entrepreneur, and another by the chairman of the regional young entrepreneurs club, which I mentioned in my last post.

You are in constant contact with people who though often may not work in the same trade, but all have to make every day the same business-related decisions, no matter how small or large your own company may be. And thats a other, but most important, thing I learned ... namely how neccessary networking and being networked is.

And since I too benefited a bit from my Dads (who, like me, worked as a freelance designer during his studies) experiences I would recommand starting networking right at the beginning ... even if someone is just at stage of orientation of selfemployment or starting a business.

Like my grandpa said last year, working and good contacts are the true assets when you run a business. Nothing can beat that. Especially if they are long-term contacts. You can't start soon enough to make some.