Mom doesn’t like my clothing style

• Mom doesn’t like my clothing style

I just need to get something off my chest. I’m 17 years old and ever since the beginning of this year I finally started buying clothes which I actually like and i feel so much more confident. But something that bothers me is that my mom doesn’t like it at all. I usually just wear mom jeans and baggy jeans and my mom keeps telling me I should wear skinny jeans and dress more “like a girl” but I don’t like skinny jeans at all. I don’t like the way my body looks in them. It bothers me so much because all the time she keeps telling me i dress “ugly” and i should dress different and more “feminine” or whatever it really makes me sad and whenever i tell her i like the way i dress and i feel confident like this she never listens and tell me to just continue “dressing ugly” honestly I can’t deal with this everyday i just want her to accept my style it’s exhausting.I don’t feel comfortable and in the clothes she wants me to wear.
    • Sorry you have to go through this. Dress as you like as long as it meets the requirements ( i am talking about certain events where you dress up more ). But for everyday live wear what you like. Maybe she will give up at some point. It sounds like talking doesn't help, that's a shame. But very good you tried that. I wish you the strength to ignore her on that topic.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders