Worried about PTSD due to pets death

• Worried about PTSD due to pets death

Hi friends,
      I'm a student. I watched my world of happiness, dying in front of me a month ago. As I'm a single child, my parents gifted her for my birthday two years ago.
      We soon became much attached, and I was in a situation that I could not live without her. But last month, my puppy was diagnosed with pneumonia. We rushed to the hospital late at night, noticing some breathing difficulty in her. We gave her medicines, but two days later, the situation became tougher. I saw her body shivering, and the tongue turned purple. When my papa came and noticed her changes, he whispered as she is dying.
      It was challenging for me to hear that and to see my world slowly ends that day.
      It has been a month, but I cannot come back to the reality that she is dead. I cant' concentrate on my studies. I can't even talk to my parents. My parents are afraid of whether these are the symptoms of PTSD.
      We have booked an appointment for a clinical psychologist next week.
      Friends, has anybody came across a similar situation?
      What do you guys think? Is it possible for me to overcome this situation with proper treatment?
      I'm eagerly waiting for your opinions and experiences.
      Thanks.
    • Hello Helen.
      I am sorry for your loss.
      It's hard. You will never forget it. But with time your wounds will heal. With proper treatment, this is even more likely to happen.
      Cry all you need. And some day you'll find the strength to accept reality and live your life.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders