Experimenting

• BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

Lost my virginity to a (guy) cousin, and we've been having sex with each other ever since. It's great. Since we're both guys, it's not like we need to worry about having mutant babies or anything.
      no.. just fucking your cousin. Totally normal.
      Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it.Besides, according to some it's no different than two non-relate guy banging each other.
      according to who? A bunch of buck tooth hillbillies?
      Nah, just a bunch of people who think guys (even non-related ones) shouldn't be doing each other in the first place and who say it's "not normal" for them to be doing so,
      ok that makes zero sense at all.
      Makes perfect sense to me. There are people who say same-sex relationships in any form are wrong. I for one wouldn't know how to put it more plainly than that.
    • Durango wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

Lost my virginity to a (guy) cousin, and we've been having sex with each other ever since. It's great. Since we're both guys, it's not like we need to worry about having mutant babies or anything.
      Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it.Besides, according to some it's no different than two non-relate guy banging each other.
      Nah, just a bunch of people who think guys (even non-related ones) shouldn't be doing each other in the first place and who say it's "not normal" for them to be doing so,
      Makes perfect sense to me. There are people who say same-sex relationships in any form are wrong. I for one wouldn't know how to put it more plainly than that.
      That's not even what I am getting at though. This isn't about him fuycking another guy, it's about him fucing his cousin. Read both of his quotes. Together they make absolutely no sense.
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

Durango wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Quirk wrote:

That's not even what I am getting at though. This isn't about him fuycking another guy, it's about him fucing his cousin. Read both of his quotes. Together they make absolutely no sense.
      I have read both his quotes, and it still makes perfect sense to me. Some people say that any same sex pairing is wrong (usually on a religious basis - ie God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve - though also sometimes arguing that gay sex isn't "normal"). Two guys who are making out with each other and who ARE related to each other is no different than two guys making out with each other who are NOT related to each other. At the end of the day, either way it boils down to the fact that two guys are making out with each other(and some people say that's wrong) - any family relations is irrelevant (or, at least, that's the argument I'm getting from it).
    • Penelope wrote:

Can’t believe what I’m reading having sex with a cousin same sex or not it’s totally weird and not normal

BlackParadePixie wrote:

why would he bring up that argument when he is trying to defend what he's doing?

I never said anything about him fucking another guy...I pointed out that fucking his own cousin was weird. Because it is.

Throughout history there are people who have said certain sexual relations were wrong - same sex, sex with someone who's related to you, sex with someone of a different ethnicity or religion, sex where there's major differences in age between participants. I'd imagine that that's why that argument is being brought up - "You shouldn't have sex with a member of (specific group) - that's just wrong!" The only difference is which specific group you're inserting into the comment.

Even now, I've heard that the two groups you shouldn't date (even if there's no sex involved) are family members and co-workers, on the basis that if the relationship goes bad those are the two groups you'd still have the most contact with post-relationship and therefore it's a lot harder to end all contact with your ex.

Now, it is wrong to even experiment at all with a family member? Well, it seems that a part of the problem, as someone else as noted, is how are we defining "experimenting with" here? Is it full-on sex? Masturbating together? Simply asking for advice on masturbation or sex, even if both participants remain fully clothed the entire time? Heck, there's another thread here on TeenHut about hugging and kissing family members, and I remember that there are a couple of comments from people who think (or who have a family member who things) that even hugging and kissing a family member is too much. So it seems to me that a part of the problem is that we don't always agree on how much is too much - what one person considers gross is perfectly acceptable to another person, and are we really the best people to be judging someone else's viewpoint?
    • I think if it's right or wrong to do anything sexual with anyone it probably comes down to two things

1) would it be ok if they got pregnant. There's always a chance at some point, especially when your experimenting and learning, that accidents can happen. And while same sex relationships wouldn't have that worry, it would be just as discrimination to say they were acceptable because of that, as every relationship should be equal

2) could one member be forcing the other. If your not family members in the most part theres your own family you can talk to if your feeling forced, or ways to get away or just avoid the person entirely. If you are family, your going to go to family events for the rest of your lifes, you could live in the same house (or spend alot of time together) there would be no way of getting away. And the fact you are family could be used, would you want to break your family apart, upset family members because of it?

Neither of those are opinions, they're facts of what could happen. And could apply to any relationship, no matter gender, or how your connected. It's what the physical and emotional effect could be

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • BJade wrote:

Neither of those are opinions, they're facts...
      I think the point about pregnancy is definitely a fact. There is no such thing as 100% reliable contraception, though some methods get pretty close. If a guy was to get his young sister pregnant he would face the wrath of his parents on two counts:
      1. That she was too young to be pregnant, though obviously how young is too young is a matter of opinion, influenced by social norms.
      2. That the sex was incestuous. As I may have said above, although the taboo of incest has become a religious thing for many, I am sure the root of this is in the fact that children are healthier for having a mix of genes. Recombining genes from a very limited pool, as would be the case with a brother and sister, is not a good idea.
      Now to say that two brothers or male cousins should refrain from intercourse because that's only fair if brother and sister or male and female cousin must not have intercourse is an opinion rather than fact. It is one that many people may share, though they may not have thought through the bit about being fair but may instead just be labelling it incest and have heard that one shouldn't do incest without really understanding why.

I think the point about family members being people who you cannot hold at arms length if things get weird between you is very good one and so is the question of whether one person feels pressured by another. This is something that could happen with a younger and older sibling.
    • Durango wrote:

Throughout history there are people who have said certain sexual relations were wrong - same sex, sex with someone who's related to you, sex with someone of a different ethnicity or religion, sex where there's major differences in age between participants.

And at one time, even sex with yourself, i.e. masturbation was considered wrong. For some people it still is and some take the very narrow viewpoint that the only legitimate form of sex is between two people, of opposite sex, who are married, within the restrictions of their society/religion as to who one can marry, and only then for the purpose of having children.

These ideas change over time and they are different from once place to another. One thing I don't think is likely to change any time soon in the West, and with good reason, is an aversion to people exploiting a power difference to get someone to do something sexual that they are either not happy with even at the time, or later come to regret.

You mention hugging and kissing. Some families seem to find hugging to be quite normal and completely non-sexual. Others seem to avoid it. It probably differs from one place to another but also from one family to another on the same street. Then, I believe, it is normal for Italian men to kiss other male friends and family. Here in the UK that is rarely done - most guys would be more likey to do mutual masturbation with another guy than kiss one.

There is some logic to that, though. Kissing is seen as a demonstration of love. In the case of the Italian men it is a non-sexual form of love, i.e. a brotherly kind of love. The two experimenting guys would avoid kissing because that would make them boyfriends which is much more than just finding it is fun to enjoy getting off together rather than always solo.
    • Like some others have said, how are we defining "experimenting with a family member" here?

For example, I share a bedroom with two brothers (one older, one younger). Sometimes we masturbate in front of each other, and sometimes we're even masturbating at the same time. I know I've watched my older brother, and sometimes our younger brother has watched us. Is any of that experimenting?

Sometimes the three of us talk about sex (because hey, we're guys going through puberty, that's what we do). Is talking about techniques experimenting?

Or is, to use an earlier example, is kissing and hugging experimenting?

Or do you have to deliberately touch each other's private parts in some way the only way to experiment?
    • Quantico wrote:

Like some others have said, how are we defining "experimenting with a family member" here?

For example, I share a bedroom with two brothers (one older, one younger). Sometimes we masturbate in front of each other, and sometimes we're even masturbating at the same time. I know I've watched my older brother, and sometimes our younger brother has watched us. Is any of that experimenting?

Sometimes the three of us talk about sex (because hey, we're guys going through puberty, that's what we do). Is talking about techniques experimenting?

Or is, to use an earlier example, is kissing and hugging experimenting?

Or do you have to deliberately touch each other's private parts in some way the only way to experiment?
      I would say what you’ve done with your brothers would be a form of experimenting.
    • Penelope wrote:

Can’t believe what I’m reading having sex with a cousin same sex or not it’s totally weird and not normal
      The only western country that has any laws in regards to marrying your cousin is the US. In the UK for an example, there are no laws what so ever and apparently happens more than people think. Example, Prince Philip was Queen Elizabeth's 3rd cousin and I believe it is the Jewish Orthodox that believe touching someone of the opposite sex that is not a family member is a sin (and in terms of sexual, must be no closer than 1st cousin).

Surprisingly here in Canada, it's not illegal to marry your aunt or uncle either. I have yet to even hear of someone doing that though.
    • Bot93 wrote:

Penelope wrote:

The only western country that has any laws in regards to marrying your cousin is the US. In the UK for an example, there are no laws what so ever and apparently happens more than people think. Example, Prince Philip was Queen Elizabeth's 3rd cousin and I believe it is the Jewish Orthodox that believe touching someone of the opposite sex that is not a family member is a sin (and in terms of sexual, must be no closer than 1st cousin).
      Surprisingly here in Canada, it's not illegal to marry your aunt or uncle either. I have yet to even hear of someone doing that though.
      3rd cousin is different though, it’s more blood line where you get freak kids with disabilities
    • People here will never be able to agree on what "experimenting" means. We can't even agree what "sex" means (some people include oral sex to mean sex, while others don't). And defining experimenting is more difficult than defining sex. To me, experimenting just means doing something new to decide if if you want to continue or see how it works. As soon as you decide if you like it or not, and/or see how it works, it's no longer experimenting and if you continue to do it you're doing it as a conscious habit (either one that happens regularly or infrequently). I have experimented with friends and siblings and cousins. Friends ended quick, cousins ended as we aged, but siblings continues since it is so convenient and enjoyable. But fucking anyone related to you is fucked up.