Girls in male showers

• CayceStars wrote:

gagefromtx wrote:

I have never seen this anywhere. I think it is a made up thing.
    I'm pretty sure there are a whooooole lot of made up things on this forum :rolleyes:
    I'm sure there are some made up things around here. Just how much is the question, and just because a topic might be weird to us doesn't automatically mean that it is made up (and likewise, just because a topic is not weird to us does not automatically mean that it's true, either).
  • I am not sure I understand this thread, but here is my input anyway.

Young kids, I expect them to follow their parent, and I think that is no issue at all and is very common.

For people my age... I do not normally strip nude in public, lol. The changing room around other boys is fine. And, if a group of us are going to the pool together, we often change in the same booth, boys and girls together. But not in front of all the other public men and women.
  • mentallychaotic wrote:

I am not sure I understand this thread, but here is my input anyway.

Young kids, I expect them to follow their parent, and I think that is no issue at all and is very common.

For people my age... I do not normally strip nude in public, lol. The changing room around other boys is fine. And, if a group of us are going to the pool together, we often change in the same booth, boys and girls together. But not in front of all the other public men and women.
    You and others boys and girls around the same age get naked/change around each other?
  • Aimie wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

Emmmmm... ja...... should we not?
    I dunno, it’s a bit unheard of I’d have thought
    I suppose that many things in my country are 'unheard of' in your country. Different cultures, different ideas. In early primary school, for exercise period, we simply changed clothes in the classroom before going to the sports area or outdoors. And when we had body painting at a school party, I definitely got down to underpants, as I did not want to ruin my clothing. We are not afraid to speak of sex, but I suspect that is not a dinner conversation in your culture. And an entry in the Flower Festival Parade of a giant naked couple having sex would probably not be seen in SoCal. Just different cultures, different viewpoints.

At swim pools here (at least at our small local one) there are booths along the deck of the pool, where you change into or out of your swimwear. If you want a shower, there are separate booths for showers. Not male-female separated, just individual booths so you would be alone. But you can use the changing booths together with friends, or alone, or however you wish. No one cares.

At school, we have separate changing rooms/showers for boys and girls.
  • Yeah, here in the U.S. we have separate locker rooms in places like school, gyms and public swimming pools (one for males, one for females). In gyms and swimming pools there can sometimes be a changing room that's for families if you are bringing along someone of the opposite sex who needs help with changing (like an elderly parent, someone with a disability, or for parents who have younger children who are too young to go into the appropriate locker room on their own). It's rather unheard of for people of the opposite sex to be using the same locker room or changing area at the same time (outside of private homes or other similar situations where there are no formal changing areas, anyway).
  • Durango wrote:

Yeah, here in the U.S. we have separate locker rooms in places like school, gyms and public swimming pools (one for males, one for females). In gyms and swimming pools there can sometimes be a changing room that's for families if you are bringing along someone of the opposite sex who needs help with changing (like an elderly parent, someone with a disability, or for parents who have younger children who are too young to go into the appropriate locker room on their own). It's rather unheard of for people of the opposite sex to be using the same locker room or changing area at the same time (outside of private homes or other similar situations where there are no formal changing areas, anyway).
    Ja, I mostly thought this was the case, from reading threads in this forum. Like threads about showering nude at school (do people actually wear things to shower??), or about being nude, even about being shirtless around family.... I suppose there are people here who are that way also, I just do not know any of those people. And they are probably less common. Many threads, I do not even reply to, because I do not even know how to respond in a way that would mean anything to the original poster. Especially since they are wondering what is normal in their own culture.
  • Young children of opposite genders are sometimes brought in by their parents. Provided that they are young, there is nothing wrong with that. I do understand that necessity although I do not really want to stand near a younger girl when changing or showering.

But we never have girls around my age in the same locker room as boys. Or vice versa, as far as I know. I understand from reading that things are different in Europe. It is a different culture. If I ever go to the Netherlands or other countries mentioned, I would have to accept that.

When is Rome, do as the Romans do.