catriona wrote:

It’s pretty common I think, I’ve had to and seen the opposite
    If mum isn’t there I’ve got to go with my brother
    It’s a safety thing
    How is that a safety thing?
    by not sending a young girl alone into a locker room

Aspen wrote:

Exactly, it’s not a big deal and if it keeps younger ones safe why fuss
    But as I understand it: If your mom is not with you, you wont enter the locker room alone. Fine.But then you just go with your brother... To be the only girl in the mens locker room??? How is that better?
    safe because with her brother
  • Natacha wrote:

catriona wrote:

Natacha wrote:

catriona wrote:

It’s a safety thing

Aspen wrote:

But as I understand it: If your mom is not with you, you wont enter the locker room alone. Fine.But then you just go with your brother... To be the only girl in the mens locker room??? How is that better?

And you must live in a dangerous country for locker rooms to be a concern.
    Dangerous men are everywhere, name one country where it doesn’t happen?
  • Aspen wrote:

Natacha wrote:

catriona wrote:

Natacha wrote:

catriona wrote:

It’s a safety thing

Aspen wrote:

And you must live in a dangerous country for locker rooms to be a concern.
    Men are not dangerous in Scandinavia for instance. It all still sounds weird to me.
    When the mom is not with her, she can't go into the womens locker room by herself? What is supposed to happen in there, that is so threatening?
    It must be really threatening to go alone into the womens locker room, since she decides she rather be the only girl among a lot of guys (even if her brother is there). I REALLY don't get it
    "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
  • Natacha wrote:

Aspen wrote:

Natacha wrote:

catriona wrote:

Natacha wrote:

catriona wrote:

It’s a safety thing

Aspen wrote:

But as I understand it: If your mom is not with you, you wont enter the locker room alone. Fine.But then you just go with your brother... To be the only girl in the mens locker room??? How is that better?And you must live in a dangerous country for locker rooms to be a concern.
    Men are not dangerous in Scandinavia for instance. It all still sounds weird to me.When the mom is not with her, she can't go into the womens locker room by herself? What is supposed to happen in there, that is so threatening?
    It must be really threatening to go alone into the womens locker room, since she decides she rather be the only girl among a lot of guys (even if her brother is there). I REALLY don't get it
    I think the threat is men hiding or following if the woman’s change rooms are empty
    I’m sure in every country there are dodgy men

I just think most girls go in groups anyway
  • Yeah. "I don't want men to follow me, so I just choose to use their locker room." Where's the logic?
    That can be compared to not wanting to get kicked by a horse: Instead of staying away from horses, she choose to stand right behind one.
    "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
  • Natacha wrote:

Yeah. "I don't want men to follow me, so I just choose to use their locker room." Where's the logic?
    That can be compared to not wanting to get kicked by a horse: Instead of staying away from horses, she choose to stand right behind one.
    Yeah I know what you mean but it’s more younger kids I think and it’s not like going into the mens one alone, they’re with a big bro or dad to supervise/keep safe
  • iceblue wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Yeah. "I don't want men to follow me, so I just choose to use their locker room." Where's the logic?
    Yeah I know what you mean but it’s more younger kids I think and it’s not like going into the mens one alone, they’re with a big bro or dad to supervise/keep safe
    Must be difficult to live in a country, where every corner is a safety hazard to consider.
  • Natacha wrote:

iceblue wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Must be difficult to live in a country, where every corner is a safety hazard to consider.
    I expect it would be
    I think it’s all safe mostly and the media just making people afraid after a few incidents
  • Couple years since I’ve had to go into the change room with my older brother when at the pool without parents, that’s like… I dunno how to describe

It was uncomfortable as hell having to go in there to change, showered in my swimsuit and then He held the towel up for me for privacy and I changed quick and just looked at the wall while he did

I’m surprised how comfortable so many girls here are at going in there
  • Not the showers so much, but we used to change in the big locker room at the swimming pool. And if we were just with my dad, we would have to go to the one for dads-with-kids (sons or daughters).

I guess we kept doing that till I was 8 or 9 and my sister 10 or 11. Feels weird now. Well, it even felt weird at the time, we did get looks.
    Feel free to send me a message!
  • sasha12hollandx wrote:

Not the showers so much, but we used to change in the big locker room at the swimming pool. And if we were just with my dad, we would have to go to the one for dads-with-kids (sons or daughters).

I guess we kept doing that till I was 8 or 9 and my sister 10 or 11. Feels weird now. Well, it even felt weird at the time, we did get looks.
    looks of concern or looks of interest?
  • naturallyme06 wrote:

I dont think kids should be in the showering in the same room as adults of the other gender. But if you're the same age i dont think there's anything wrong with that.
    Little kids with a parent is fine, and maybe when really young it’s not a big deal but I wouldn’t recommend it… preteens and older definitely not
  • gagefromtx wrote:

I have never seen this anywhere. I think it is a made up thing.

I have seen it, but only like three and four year olds. Anyone older than about six has to go into the regular locker room.

There are private facilities for people who need help or say a "mixed" situation...like say a mom with a nine year old boy and a four year old girl. This mom may choose to use the private facility.