Wet the bed

• KayleighLovesRiding wrote:

Has anyone else stopped wetting accidents by doing Kegel exercises? I am doing them every day but still having accidents at night or if I cough or sneeze. I was told not to do more than 4 sets of 10 per day but I wonder if I should do more?
      I don't have any experience of this so I don't know. It's great that you are trying different ways to make your wetting issue get better. But if some doctor or physiotherapist advised you how many exercises to do it's probably better to follow that advice. It depends where you got the advice from. If you are not sure about how much or what kind of exercises to do you can talk to your family doctor, maybe by phone, or with an appointment. You don't have to have your mum or dad with you it is up to you whether you think that is better. But it is better to get advice about something like this from a professional. I hope things keep getting better and you are enjoying your summer!
    • joannainthemiddle wrote:

KayleighLovesRiding wrote:

Has anyone else stopped wetting accidents by doing Kegel exercises? I am doing them every day but still having accidents at night or if I cough or sneeze. I was told not to do more than 4 sets of 10 per day but I wonder if I should do more?
      I don't have any experience of this so I don't know. It's great that you are trying different ways to make your wetting issue get better. But if some doctor or physiotherapist advised you how many exercises to do it's probably better to follow that advice. It depends where you got the advice from. If you are not sure about how much or what kind of exercises to do you can talk to your family doctor, maybe by phone, or with an appointment. You don't have to have your mum or dad with you it is up to you whether you think that is better. But it is better to get advice about something like this from a professional. I hope things keep getting better and you are enjoying your summer!
      Yes thanks it was a doctor at the hospital who told me what exercises to do. I also go there to do biofeedback which is like a video game with a bee flying over mountains to learn how to control my bladder muscles better. I have to keep doing this and waiting but its not worked yet.

I ... do biofeedback which is like a video game with a bee flying over mountains to learn how to control my bladder muscles better.
      How do you control the bee? It sounds really interesting and maybe fun!
      The nurse puts like a sensor on you and you sit in front of a TV. The bee is flying along and you have to squeeze the right muscles to make the bee fly up or he crashes into mountains. Sometimes the mountains are small but they get bigger as he flies along. Its really hard and I crash a lot lol
    • KayleighLovesRiding wrote:

The nurse puts like a sensor on you and you sit in front of a TV. The bee is flying along and you have to squeeze the right muscles to make the bee fly up or he crashes into mountains. Sometimes the mountains are small but they get bigger as he flies along. Its really hard and I crash a lot lol
      Could the bee not just get in a plane? Or maybe a crawling bee then it wouldn't bee so difficult?

What are the sensors like and where does the nurse put the sensor?

Could the bee not just get in a plane? Or maybe a crawling bee then it wouldn't bee so difficult?

What are the sensors like and where does the nurse put the sensor?
      Hahaha :D I think my bee would like that better as I give him a lot of bangs to the head hahaha :runaround:

The sensor is a little white thing with metal sides that goes inside your privates but once it is in you can sit with it under your dress with just wires coming out. You have to sit on a pad because most people have accidents when doing biofeedback. If you dont squeeze the right muscles the bee doesn't go up and its easy to start with but it gets harder with bigger mountains.
    • Haha that sounds a weird way to play a game and is probably a good idea if you like have leaks because of bladder weakness. But nocturnal enuresis, which is a scientific name for bedwetting, isn't really caused by that but it's caused by not getting the signal to wake up when you need to do a wee.
      But there is a type of sensor you can try which is totally different and clips onto your underwear and actually the reason that I wear knickers instead of pyjama bottoms is that I use a sensor at night and if I start to have an accident it sets off an alarm to wake me up. And what is meant to happen eventually is that you recognise when you are about to wee and wake up first. And I can do that most nights now :) and my accidents are getting further apart, like 11 so far this year but a year ago I was doing that many every month!
      It might not be as fun as making a bee jump but it seems to be working for me :)
    • I had an alarm like that but it kept going off so much I was getting really sleepy in the day so my parents stopped it. I still have a lot of accidents in bed too but now I have to get stronger bladder muscles and learn how to control them better. Its good its getting better for you :)

TessTheGreat wrote:

I use a sensor at night and if I start to have an accident it sets off an alarm to wake me up.
    • I know this is an “old thread” but here goes.
      I myself am a wetter. When I sleep I sleep hard and heavy. I rarely wake up when things happen and as a result I wear the cloth washable kind of dipes. I’m up now here at early o’clock because woke up from a weird dream and realized I had to go.

Have you ever had a dream about having a walk-in locker at school?
      Covering a dog turd in chocolate won’t make it a candy bar.
    • Bye?guy wrote:

how did things work out for you?
      The exercises dont seem to help much because I still have accidents. I have a watch that reminds me to go to the toilet when I am supposed to but it does not stop all the accidents.
    • zano wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

Alex_Swim wrote:

zano wrote:

Have you ever had a dream about having a walk-in locker at school?
      What's a walk-in Locker?
      I was about to ask this same question
      like a walk in closet... but it’s a locker
      I am not even sure what that means. A locker is a place you rent to store things. You can always walk into them.

Edit: I did some research (I love Google, lol) and now I think I understand! So the answer is... "no, I have not"

The post was edited 1 time, last by mentallychaotic ().