What to expect when first time masturbating? (Guy)

• Hi. Expect to feel something new, you maybe never felt before. It can feel warm, comfortable, unknown. You feel something "coming up" when you are close to ejaculating. But it is possible you don't understand that feeling the first time, because it's new. When you are relaxed you should be able to orgasm the first time. But it also can happen that you don't. In that case don't worry and try again another time. Also you may not ejaculate. Every guy starts ejaculating at a different point in puberty. In this case, also don't worry.
      IF something hurts, try to be more careful or stop. Masturbation should not hurt.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Personally, the thing with masturbation is you can't necessarily expect anything. By which I mean, it's unpredictable.

Everything feels different for different people and will feel different from session to session.

After a while, you'll learn certain things that you like more over others. But even then, one day playing with your foreskin may be all you need, another time, you might really enjoy the sensation of playing with your balls.

The main thing is it should feel good. The rest is up to you. Typically, you'll want to go the whole way to orgasm (which is when this great sense of pleasure builds up and builds up until it almost explodes but in a nice pleasurable way). But don't feel you have to orgasm.

I started masturbating quite early - before I even really knew what I was doing - so at first I didn't orgasm because I simply didn't know it existed. A friend of mine who started masturbating during puberty said he gradually took himself closer to orgasm day by day as at first he felt that build up was a bit too much and then he gradually got used to it. That may be the same with you or you may be fine going straight to orgasm the first time.

You might ejaculate, you might not. It depends. Some people start early (around 10) others not until their mid to late teens. Both are normal. In the early days, it can vary from session to session. Throughout your life the size of your ejaculation will change each time, but it does particularly so when you first start being able to. You may ejaculate one time and then not produce a drop for the next few times. That's perfectly natural.

Just a few general pointers:

1) Do it when you have privacy. It's completely natural and nothing to be ashamed of, but it's not nice getting caught mid-act especially by your parents.

2) If you do ejaculate, it makes sense to have some tissues or something softer to ejaculate into or wipe the mess off with. Semen can leave tell-tale stains. I personally like aiming into a pair of dirty underwear that I'm going to wash later.

3) Give yourself time. There's no rush. In fact, the best times are often when you take your time and spend the longest.

Hope you enjoy yourself! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. (I've had lots of masturbating experience. Lol.)
    • Supposedly it is possible to get an orgasm even before puberty so you if you get the technique right, and carry on doing it for long enough without being scared into stopping, then you should get an orgasm which will feel great whether or not you also ejaculate, i.e. whether anything comes out

The thing about whether you ejaculate or not the first time is because there are two things that are variable. Firstly some guys discover masturbation early in puberty and some take longer. Then some guys start producing semen, the liquid that is ejaculated, quite early and others later.

So, if you discover masturbation before you body has started producing semen then you'd get a dry orgasm. Assuming you continue to do it, you will eventually notice a small amount of semen emerging as you orgasm and, over time, the quanity and probably the force, will increase.

If your body starts producing semen before you discover masturbation then you may end up having a wet dream but, even if you don't, you will probably ejaculate the first time you masturbate to orgasm.

It is also probably wise to make sure your bladder is empty when doing it for the first time. As you get close to orgasm there can be a feeling a bit like needing to pee. If you know you don't need to go that can help to push through that feeling and get to the orgasm, otherwise you'd keep stopping and running off to the bathroom.