Uncut dicks

• mentallychaotic wrote:

Sean2001 wrote:

I assume that it had gone by the time you were learning to retract.
      I think that it must separate by the very action of retracting it for cleaning. I would hope that anyone with a foreskin was taught to retract/clean very early in their life. Not really sure though, never really thought about this much, I just do it and have always done it.

Never retract by force. The kid himself should always be the first to retract. We stop retracting when we can't (aka it begins to feel bad.)

The inside cleans itself automatically.

As said, sometimes it can retract fully before puberty. I had a friend who could show us his "blood vein" in the inside.
    • mentallychaotic wrote:

I think that it must separate by the very action of retracting it for cleaning. I would hope that anyone with a foreskin was taught to retract/clean very early in their life. Not really sure though, never really thought about this much, I just do it and have always done it.
      That may have an effect, but it should certainly never be forced. In some boys it may have separated when they are toilet training as toddlers and for some it may not. But there can be nothing dirty between the skin and the glans where they are attached as there is nowhere for anything dirty to be.

To use the nail analogy again, you can clean under the front of you fingernails where there protrude and are not adhered to the nail-bed, and indeed you should do so, but you can't clean between the nail and the nail-bed because they are stuck together. As the nail is translucent, you can see from above that there is no dirt under that part - it just looks pink.

So pull the foreskin back as far as it easily goes and wash anything that the water can get to and don't worry.

It is also worth noting that some of our ideas of hygiene have little to do with health. I don't believe anyone got sick from having body odour - we shower and use deodorant, not for the benefit of our health, but so we're not smelly and unpleasant for other people. The real reason for making sure our dicks are clean is in case someone should want to give us a blow job. No-one would want a mouth-full of dick cheese.

And before anyone mentions UITs, these are much more common in girls. The pathogen is frequently E.coli and the name gives a clue where that would have come from (the colon). So the best tip for avoiding UITs is, if you have to do no. 1 and no. 2 together, avoid touching your cock near the tip between finishing the no.2 and washing your hands.
    • Gc1110 wrote:

my mom would help me clean it when i was younger and i clean it every night while sbowering , i keep it fairly clean by pulling it back before peeing and use a tissue to clean the last few drops of pee out before putting the skin back down

So you don't use urinals? Does anyone ever point out that there's an open one if you're waiting for the stall ...then what happens if they notice your feet pointing to the stall?
    • dkne wrote:

Gc1110 wrote:

my mom would help me clean it when i was younger and i clean it every night while sbowering , i keep it fairly clean by pulling it back before peeing and use a tissue to clean the last few drops of pee out before putting the skin back down
      So you don't use urinals? Does anyone ever point out that there's an open one if you're waiting for the stall ...then what happens if they notice your feet pointing to the stall?
      i use the urinal i just use a tissue to soak up the last few drops of pee
    • Gc1110 wrote:

dkne wrote:

Gc1110 wrote:

Most of the time I don't pull the foreskin back when I pee. I shake it afterwards.I know a little pee goes in my pants. When I shower I pull it back and rinse. The dr told me not to use soap there - just rinse. My penis is always clean.
      Alan
    • Alanjr wrote:

Gc1110 wrote:

dkne wrote:

Gc1110 wrote:

Most of the time I don't pull the foreskin back when I pee. I shake it afterwards.I know a little pee goes in my pants. When I shower I pull it back and rinse. The dr told me not to use soap there - just rinse. My penis is always clean.
      my friend told me his brother told him to.clean so not bacteria get into the urethra
    • Gc1110 wrote:

Alanjr wrote:

Gc1110 wrote:

dkne wrote:

Gc1110 wrote:

my friend told me his brother told him to.clean so not bacteria get into the urethra
      I don't think that's true. If it was, lots of guys would have infections. I've never seen a guy wipe his penis. I've seen other guys not pull their foreskin back too.
      Alan
    • Alanjr wrote:

Most personal cleaning products like liquid hand soap, shower gel and shampoos use the same active ingredient - Sodium laureth sulphate which is a mild irritant. Usually, the concentration is too low to cause a reaction, though it can with someone whose skin is very sensitive, but the glans, when in its natural state and not keratinised, is rather more sensitive than our normal skin.

So I follow the same advice - I just rinse their and don't apply soap.

Gc1110 wrote:

I refer to my previous post - guys have a much lower incidence of UTIs that girls because the tip of our penis is much further from our anus and our urethra is much longer.
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Alanjr wrote:

Most personal cleaning products like liquid hand soap, shower gel and shampoos use the same active ingredient - Sodium laureth sulphate which is a mild irritant. Usually, the concentration is too low to cause a reaction, though it can with someone whose skin is very sensitive, but the glans, when in its natural state and not keratinised, is rather more sensitive than our normal skin.
      So I follow the same advice - I just rinse their and don't apply soap.

Gc1110 wrote:

I refer to my previous post - guys have a much lower incidence of UTIs that girls because the tip of our penis is much further from our anus and our urethra is much longer.
      there are a couple other boys I see in the school shower who are not cut. When they wash, all they do is rinse the head off - no soap.
      Alan
    • danluc wrote:

I’m intact

Gotta feel sorry for the mutilated, like, why would your parents treat you so terribly like that when you’ve barely even been alive yet

All the hygiene excuses are lies really
      It’s as easy as breathing to keep yourself clean jeeze

And you're USA or...
      Any idea what your friends are?

I agree. It's really not that difficult. Somehow, girls can keep their area clean without anything special, but boys aren't trusted?

Other than religion, I think it's a lot of our dads who are circumcised. They think "Oh, I grew up just fine. It's better to get it out of the way early."

We know the locker room thing is a myth. I bet we all know at least one person who isn't circumcised. In my locker room situations, we don't say anything about anyone's dick or else we'll be yelled at for looking.

If the hygiene thing had any truth, there'd be a lot of European guys with dick issues.

Besides, who the hell wants a scar on their dick?

It seems all I've read about guys with bendy erections are circumcised. I wonder if that's because too much was taken off.

If someone actively wants to be circumcised, I have no issue there, but only if they've made the decision on their own.

If it's a baby, it's a really tiny penis and there's too much room for error. In the rare case of using pain meds, the doctors don't even allow enough time for the pain meds to take effect. (That still doesn't make it ok.)

I'm honestly trying to think of one benefit. It's not really one, but who has ever lined up with their friends and tried to pee for distance...see who can make their pee fly the longest? From what I've seen/heard, the circumcised friends usually win, but that may or may not be due to foreskin. (It could also be something related to bladder.)
    • dkne wrote:

danluc wrote:

I’m intact

Gotta feel sorry for the mutilated, like, why would your parents treat you so terribly like that when you’ve barely even been alive yet

And you're USA or...

I agree. It's really not that difficult. Somehow, girls can keep their area clean without anything special, but boys aren't trusted?

Other than religion, I think it's a lot of our dads who are circumcised. They think "Oh, I grew up just fine. It's better to get it out of the way early."

We know the locker room thing is a myth. I bet we all know at least one person who isn't circumcised. In my locker room situations, we don't say anything about anyone's dick or else we'll be yelled at for looking.

If the hygiene thing had any truth, there'd be a lot of European guys with dick issues.

exactly!!
      Even religion shouldn’t be an acceptable reason, you shouldn’t force your beliefs on a kid especially with ritual scarification/mutilation

It should be illegal to do to anyone under 18
    • danluc wrote:

I’m intact

dkne wrote:

danluc wrote:

I’m intact

And you're USA or...

It seems all I've read about guys with bendy erections are circumcised. I wonder if that's because too much was taken off.

If someone actively wants to be circumcised, I have no issue there, but only if they've made the decision on their own.

If it's a baby, it's a really tiny penis and there's too much room for error. In the rare case of using pain meds, the doctors don't even allow enough time for the pain meds to take effect. (That still doesn't make it ok.)

I'm honestly trying to think of one benefit. It's not really one, but who has ever lined up with their friends and tried to pee for distance...see who can make their pee fly the longest? From what I've seen/heard, the circumcised friends usually win, but that may or may not be due to foreskin. (It could also be something related to bladder.)
      Ok we have understood it : both of you are definitely against circumcision. Can we move on now ? Rather than repeat the same speech again, and again, and again ?

And again