Movie cliches

• HannahW wrote:

In James Bond films the baddie always devises a ridiculously complicated way of killing Bond instead of just shooting him.

Pultost wrote:

HannahW wrote:

In James Bond films the baddie always devises a ridiculously complicated way of killing Bond instead of just shooting him.
      Yeah, if they've just shot him, their evil plan would've succeeded. xD
      Supervillains are supposed to be deranged and super selfish, so if they have to do something spectacular (that gets their name in the book) like killing James Bond, that brat, it should be something to remember.
      I agree with you both. It would just be cost effective to play it safe and just shoot him... 8 times.
      But I don't think any movies have any villains who don't make the tasks hard for them selves. Even in old danish comedies.
      - Tie him to a clock tower and let him wait for the needle push him out.
      - Cast his feet in cement and slowly lower him under water.
      - Put him on conveier belts onto crushing machines or a tub of acid.
      - Or (simply) to trap him in a brick wall until he dies from loss of air or he dies from hunger.

Yes I did say comedy
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Pultost wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Supervillains are supposed to be deranged and super selfish, so if they have to do something spectacular (that gets their name in the book) like killing James Bond, that brat, it should be something to remember.I agree with you both. It would just be cost effective to play it safe and just shoot him... 8 times.
      But I don't think any movies have any villains who don't make the tasks hard for them selves. Even in old danish comedies.
      - Or (simply) to trap him in a brick wall until he dies from loss of air or he dies from hunger.

Yes I did say comedy
      For being (sorta) family friendly comedies, the villains have some pretty gruesome methods they want to use to get rid of the "hero". xD
      Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
    • Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Pultost wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Supervillains are supposed to be deranged and super selfish, so if they have to do something spectacular (that gets their name in the book) like killing James Bond, that brat, it should be something to remember.I agree with you both. It would just be cost effective to play it safe and just shoot him... 8 times.But I don't think any movies have any villains who don't make the tasks hard for them selves. Even in old danish comedies.

Yes I did say comedy
      For being (sorta) family friendly comedies, the villains have some pretty gruesome methods they want to use to get rid of the "hero". xD
      Yes exactly. Those examples are from family friendly movies in Scandinavia and popular in the rest of Europe :D
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Pultost wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Supervillains are supposed to be deranged and super selfish, so if they have to do something spectacular (that gets their name in the book) like killing James Bond, that brat, it should be something to remember.I agree with you both. It would just be cost effective to play it safe and just shoot him... 8 times.

Yes I did say comedy

Wow! If those are comedies, I’d hate to see a Danish horror film!
    • HannahW wrote:

Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Pultost wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Supervillains are supposed to be deranged and super selfish, so if they have to do something spectacular (that gets their name in the book) like killing James Bond, that brat, it should be something to remember.I agree with you both. It would just be cost effective to play it safe and just shoot him... 8 times.But I don't think any movies have any villains who don't make the tasks hard for them selves. Even in old danish comedies.

Yes I did say comedy
      Those aren't so bad. And those examples from before are these 2

• Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Pultost wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Supervillains are supposed to be deranged and super selfish, so if they have to do something spectacular (that gets their name in the book) like killing James Bond, that brat, it should be something to remember.I agree with you both. It would just be cost effective to play it safe and just shoot him... 8 times.But I don't think any movies have any villains who don't make the tasks hard for them selves. Even in old danish comedies.- Tie him to a clock tower and let him wait for the needle push him out.

Yes I did say comedy
      Those aren't so bad. And those examples from before are these 2

I guess it’s a bit like Home Alone, which when you think about it, is such a violent film aimed at children!