Thoughts on nudism

• The original poster asked about thoughts on nudism and public nudism. I am naked sometimes at home, and occasionally skinny dipping in back yard pools with same sex. Also, we all change and shower naked at school. I wouldn't want to be naked in public or with girls in the skinny dipping back yard pools. I guess you could call the skinny dipping some type of nudism. But it's not really public nudism.

But other then that, I don't consider nudity at home or school to be nudism.
  • pahern0317 wrote:

The original poster asked about thoughts on nudism and public nudism. I am naked sometimes at home, and occasionally skinny dipping in back yard pools with same sex. Also, we all change and shower naked at school. I wouldn't want to be naked in public or with girls in the skinny dipping back yard pools. I guess you could call the skinny dipping some type of nudism. But it's not really public nudism.

But other then that, I don't consider nudity at home or school to be nudism.
    Nudism is more about living naked at the beach, camping, in nature and in life in general with other people
    Fooling around naked at home doesn't count :D
    unless you and your family live naked all the time lol
  • In theory I support the idea. I think it would be great if people could just hang out with members of the opposite sex (or their own) naked and it is no big deal. I think the clothing (just for clothing sake) and taboo turn the idea of a naked person into something exciting. Unfortunately this can’t just be undone immediately because everyone has been conditioned.
    If you look at cultures where topless beaches are normal or exposing a breast is normal there is no awkwardness around it. The same happens in many nudist groups.
    This is not the same as skimpy clothing, which emphasizes the private areas and makes dangles them as a temptation.

Which is not to say I disapprove of skimpy clothing, as an individual I love when a girl wears something exciting.
  • N A T H A N wrote:

it's normal and natural. If home alone I come out of shower naked no towel.
    Nudism being normal and natural can easily be debated. At home nudism can be normal and natural if everyone agrees. But at school and other places outside the home, nudism is frowned upon. And while I sometimes walk from bathroom to room naked, my mom doesn't like me to so I sometimes respect her wishes.
  • I used to be very prudish, not wanting to ever see or be seen by anybody. (Of course this was after early childhood when I didn't think twice about nudity). But my feelings have definitely shifted. I'm still not comfortable seeing or being seen by family, but with friends idc, and have been swimming the old way a couple times with friends present (though they weren't naked themselves). As long as there's no family involved I think I can comfortably be naked in any situation where it's normal. But I never run into such situations.
  • Ryanschmo wrote:

I used to be very prudish, not wanting to ever see or be seen by anybody. (Of course this was after early childhood when I didn't think twice about nudity). But my feelings have definitely shifted. I'm still not comfortable seeing or being seen by family, but with friends idc, and have been swimming the old way a couple times with friends present (though they weren't naked themselves). As long as there's no family involved I think I can comfortably be naked in any situation where it's normal. But I never run into such situations.
    I was the exact opposite, when little up until 11 I would run through house completely naked and folks hated it and I always got smacked on butt by mom to put pants on.
  • Gabraham247 wrote:

N A T H A N wrote:

it's normal and natural. If home alone I come out of shower naked no towel.
    Nudism being normal and natural can easily be debated. At home nudism can be normal and natural if everyone agrees. But at school and other places outside the home, nudism is frowned upon. And while I sometimes walk from bathroom to room naked, my mom doesn't like me to so I sometimes respect her wishes.
    Yes, this is semantics but please bear with me.

Nudism is basically a lifestyle, not a singular or periodic event, where appropriate of course. Single instances of being undressed is simply being naked, not nudism. If you're a practicing nudist that means you live as much of your life as you can without clothes, AKA textile free.
  • N A T H A N wrote:

Ryanschmo wrote:

I used to be very prudish, not wanting to ever see or be seen by anybody. (Of course this was after early childhood when I didn't think twice about nudity). But my feelings have definitely shifted. I'm still not comfortable seeing or being seen by family, but with friends idc, and have been swimming the old way a couple times with friends present (though they weren't naked themselves). As long as there's no family involved I think I can comfortably be naked in any situation where it's normal. But I never run into such situations.
    I was the exact opposite, when little up until 11 I would run through house completely naked and folks hated it and I always got smacked on butt by mom to put pants on.
    Haha I was the same as a young child, though didn't keep doing it as long as you did. I'm talking about later, up until just a few years ago. I'm still not a nudist by any stretch, but I'm much more comfortable naked around friends now than I once was.