Simone Biles

• Simone Biles

Simone Biles set the record straight over why she dropped out of the gymnastics event at the Olympics, saying it was over mental health.

I say good for her to take care of herself. I can't imagine how difficult that decision was! I am an athlete who struggles with depression and anxiety and would feel tremendous pressure of doing what's right for me, but at the same time not wanting to let my team down. I hope people don't give her a hard time over this because it is not deserved!!
    • Yeah it must be a really hard decision. All the time and commitment put in to get to that one moment. I don't know which parts harder all the pressure and expectations put on to just a few moments you need to get perfected, the expectation of your team, country (and probably world). Not really a surprise the pressure can get to her, and also if you not feeling or concentrating 100%, in most sports you might concede a goal, or not get a top time. In gymnastics 1 mistake could end up in a massive (possibly life changing) injury

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • She definitely made the right decision. I’m sure it would’ve been difficult for her to even focus and give it her all when she had so much anxiety and felt so much pressure. Good for her, and I hope you always put yourself first, Kara. Your mental health is far more important than any game.

I’m confused about this Simone thing though, because I had also heard she dropped out because she wasn’t going to be scored for her most difficult maneuvers(for lack of a better word that escapes me) so she would be on a more level playing field with the others because they didn’t want anyone to get injured. Is anyone else hearing that story?
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you