Wet dream question for guys

• collin13 wrote:

But isn't it the testosterone spikes that causes you to be more horny and jack off more?

I don't know. We know there is a daily cycle with about 4am being the peak. There may also be variation between one day and the next but I don't know if this has been researched. There certainly could be a mechanism for it, in that girls very obviously have a monthly cycle and it seems our testosterone is regulated by the brain, i.e. it is measuring the level and adjusting how much testosterone our testicles produce to get the preferred level. The part of the brain responsible, the hypothalamus, seems to have several areas that differ slightly between males and females and, in males, it is testosterone while still in the womb that causes these to develop as the male version rather than the female. This part of the brain is being researched and it seems likely different parts of it is being more of less masculinised, may be responsible for both variations in sexual orientation and people being transgender. It may also not be binary but a question of degree, i.e. some people have a very strong gender identity, others less so. That would also explain all the variations in sexual orientation from straight, though bisexual to gay. So maybe, if the relevant part of the hypothalamus is only mildly masculinised, there may be a more cylical nature to testosterone levels.

But variations in horniness could also be something external to the body, i.e. how much visual stimulation we have been exposed to or even pheromones, i.e. at least for those who have some attraction to girls, we may be hornier if we are close to a girl who is in the fertile part of her cycle than if we aren't.

collin13 wrote:

Some days I feel like I'm going for a record and just thought that because I jerk off, and did it before I even sprouted pubes that it was the reason I didn't have a wet dream, but then again I've only been able to cum for a few weeks now. Maybe it will happen based on what I'm reading...

I think discovering how to masturbate to a dry orgasm before starting to produce semen makes it likely that your first ejaculation will be from masturbation, but whether that has any effect on how likely wet dreams are going forward I don't know. I also had dry orgasms to start with and never had a wet dream, though see the earlier post about something that got close.

collin13 wrote:

... but quite frankly, it seems like a waste to cum in your sleep ... no amazing feeling that you remember and enjoy, just a wet spot. Yuk.

If it happened spontaneously, i.e. I didn't have to abstain from cumming any other way in order to get it to happen, I don't think I would mind that much. It wouldn't take long to be able to cum again while awake when I know I will enjoy it. But if I had to abstain for weeks and then only woke up to a wet spot that would be a definite dud.
    • I had like three wet dreams. One when I was 12 (earliest), I dreamed about some sexual things and I remember waking up and feeling tingling feeling, there was no orgasm yet but precum from a head of penis. Two different times were between my 14 and 16s, both were full orgasms in underwear during sleep, one occured after some sport activities. The first one was the best, later ones messy.
    • Robinlol wrote:

I had like three wet dreams. One when I was 12 (earliest), I dreamed about some sexual things and I remember waking up and feeling tingling feeling, there was no orgasm yet but precum from a head of penis. Two different times were between my 14 and 16s, both were full orgasms in underwear during sleep, one occured after some sport activities. The first one was the best, later ones messy.
      that means you have an orgasm and that you cum without really jacking off ?
    • Shanks wrote:

Robinlol wrote:

I had like three wet dreams. One when I was 12 (earliest), I dreamed about some sexual things and I remember waking up and feeling tingling feeling, there was no orgasm yet but precum from a head of penis. Two different times were between my 14 and 16s, both were full orgasms in underwear during sleep, one occured after some sport activities. The first one was the best, later ones messy.
      basically u ejaculate (cum) whilst u are sleeping, and wake up with the mess afterwards, or in some cases mid orgsam. usually caused by a rather interesting dream. i think id rather be awake jacking off!
    • simoncross wrote:

Shanks wrote:

Robinlol wrote:

basically u ejaculate (cum) whilst u are sleeping, and wake up with the mess afterwards, or in some cases mid orgsam. usually caused by a rather interesting dream. i think id rather be awake jacking off!

I never make such dreams. I do dream about strange stuff but not involving sex or fantasms. Do many boys have that ?
    • Shanks wrote:

simoncross wrote:

Shanks wrote:

Robinlol wrote:

I never make such dreams. I do dream about strange stuff but not involving sex or fantasms. Do many boys have that ?
      ive not had one either. i think i jack off too much!