Wet dream question for guys

• Pultost wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

I doubt that you would make that much having a wet dream. Probably just two or three drops.
      Doesn't that depend on if you have an arousing dream or your body is just making room for the new swimmers?
      That's an interesting question. Bear in mind I have never had one but I did experience something which I think was close to one. I woke up some time after 4am spontaneously, i.e. I don't there was any noise/lights/etc. that would have woken me, absolutely rock hard and incredibly horny. Although I don't believe I was masturbating in my sleep, I had not given it any conscious thought before my hand went to my cock and I can't have stroked for more than ten seconds or so before having an orgasm whose intensity, and the amount and consistency or the cum, was what I would have expected after a couple of hours of edging.

So in case anyone is not familiar, by edging I am mean getting close to cumming - as close as you dare without going over the edge (past the point of no return), then back off a little and keep repeating, trying to stay close to cumming for a good long while before finally deciding to go ahead and cum.

In my experience this builds up a lot of tension which resolves when you cum, making the orgasm really intense. It also tends to result in more cum than a quick wank but it also tends to be thinner in consistency.

So that was how it was when I woke at 4am, except I had not been masturbating for the previous two hours. It seems something must have been going on in my head while I was asleep that built the arousal up just like edging, but without me having to do anything at all. It almost seems like my brain was trying to orchestrate a wet dream but couldn't quite finish it and had me wake up to finish it manually.

Now, going back to my earlier post about why wet dreams happen, one of the theories I have read is that they are due to testosterone spikes. Now it just so happens that for guys, our testosterone is highest at about 4am. So maybe the 4am isn't such a co-incidence.
    • my thought process is that if you are really horny and stroking your dick up and down you're going to ejaculate a lot more. If you're just simply laying in bed and you have a wet dream without stroking anyting I doubt that you would make as much when you orgasm. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not
      I guess I've never stop stroking my dick during an orgasm. But I would think if I'm in the middle of an orgasm and I just let go of my dick I wouldn't make as much sperm.
    • Birds18 wrote:

my thought process is that if you are really horny and stroking your dick up and down you're going to ejaculate a lot more. If you're just simply laying in bed and you have a wet dream without stroking anyting I doubt that you would make as much when you orgasm. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not
      I guess I've never stop stroking my dick during an orgasm. But I would think if I'm in the middle of an orgasm and I just let go of my dick I wouldn't make as much sperm.
      It makes sense when you add the second part about not letting go during an orgasm. You're right that the quality of the orgasm depends on how long you keep stroking for. There is something called a ruined orgasm where you stop just as you go over the edge and the result is a not very intense orgasm, not a lot of cum and a feeling that it was somehow incomplete. In that case you may stay hard and can immediately go for a second round. Keep going a fraction longer before stopping then you get a decent orgasm and a perfectly respectable ejaculation and do feel satisfied for a while, though perhaps end up horny again quite soon. Stroking all the way to the end seems to prolong the orgasm slightly, increase the amount of cum, and lead to getting a break from horniness for a while longer.

But that's for a deliberate orgasm. I wonder if the same is true for wet dreams. Perhaps those who have had them can answer that - how does the amount vary compared to jacking off.

Another source of variation is when people wake up and what they remember. Some may wake up during orgasm, immediately afterwards, and yet others may sleep through. Those who sleep through - do they remember the dream or just have to deal with the mess?
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

I doubt that you would make that much having a wet dream. Probably just two or three drops.
      Doesn't that depend on if you have an arousing dream or your body is just making room for the new swimmers?
      That's an interesting question. Bear in mind I have never had one but I did experience something which I think was close to one. I woke up some time after 4am spontaneously, i.e. I don't there was any noise/lights/etc. that would have woken me, absolutely rock hard and incredibly horny. Although I don't believe I was masturbating in my sleep, I had not given it any conscious thought before my hand went to my cock and I can't have stroked for more than ten seconds or so before having an orgasm whose intensity, and the amount and consistency or the cum, was what I would have expected after a couple of hours of edging.
      I assume you had an arousing dream you don't remember. That is also my assumption every time I wake up horny without remembering my dream. If you woke up a couple of minutes later, you'd most likely have blown your load in the process.

Kara Zor-El wrote:

girls can't have wet dreams.

Ariel: Hold my beer

Kids' movie my ass! :lol:
      Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Birds18 wrote:

my thought process is that if you are really horny and stroking your dick up and down you're going to ejaculate a lot more. If you're just simply laying in bed and you have a wet dream without stroking anyting I doubt that you would make as much when you orgasm. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not
      It makes sense when you add the second part about not letting go during an orgasm. You're right that the quality of the orgasm depends on how long you keep stroking for. There is something called a ruined orgasm where you stop just as you go over the edge and the result is a not very intense orgasm, not a lot of cum and a feeling that it was somehow incomplete. In that case you may stay hard and can immediately go for a second round. Keep going a fraction longer before stopping then you get a decent orgasm and a perfectly respectable ejaculation and do feel satisfied for a while, though perhaps end up horny again quite soon. Stroking all the way to the end seems to prolong the orgasm slightly, increase the amount of cum, and lead to getting a break from horniness for a while longer.
      But that's for a deliberate orgasm. I wonder if the same is true for wet dreams. Perhaps those who have had them can answer that - how does the amount vary compared to jacking off.

Another source of variation is when people wake up and what they remember. Some may wake up during orgasm, immediately afterwards, and yet others may sleep through. Those who sleep through - do they remember the dream or just have to deal with the mess?
      I have had one wet dream which I completely remember and yes it was an extremely arousing one and I cummed in the dream and at the same time cummed for real in my boxers. It was thinner but the amount was definitely as much as I normally get when I jerk off
    • This is quite the thread. So if I understand it, if you cum while sleeping, that would be a wet dream, but I have had a few times where I wake up from dreaming, and I remember the dreams because they are me having sex and I'm rock hard, and I wake up and start masturbating and getting an orgasm like lighting fast. I'm guessing that is the same thing? Cos it is like finishing what is going on in that dream, like the final countdown (hockey players will get the reference lol).
    • collin13 wrote:

This is quite the thread. So if I understand it, if you cum while sleeping, that would be a wet dream, but I have had a few times where I wake up from dreaming, and I remember the dreams because they are me having sex and I'm rock hard, and I wake up and start masturbating and getting an orgasm like lighting fast. I'm guessing that is the same thing? Cos it is like finishing what is going on in that dream, like the final countdown (hockey players will get the reference lol).
      I don't think it counts unless you actually nut in your sleep (or while waking up), but don't take my word for it.
    • Pultost wrote:

collin13 wrote:

This is quite the thread. So if I understand it, if you cum while sleeping, that would be a wet dream, but I have had a few times where I wake up from dreaming, and I remember the dreams because they are me having sex and I'm rock hard, and I wake up and start masturbating and getting an orgasm like lighting fast. I'm guessing that is the same thing? Cos it is like finishing what is going on in that dream, like the final countdown (hockey players will get the reference lol).
      I don't think it counts unless you actually nut in your sleep (or while waking up), but don't take my word for it.
      so what do you call it if you haven't started puberty yet but you have an orgasm in your sleep?
    • Birds18 wrote:

Pultost wrote:

collin13 wrote:

so what do you call it if you haven't started puberty yet but you have an orgasm in your sleep?
      I suppose we have to think of a name for that one. :P
    • collin13 wrote:

So I am not the only one to have had that experience then. I wonder how common it is. Has anyone else had this?

Pultost wrote:

I didn't count it, in the sense that very early on in this thread I said I have never had one and I choose that same answer in the poll, but perhaps we do need a specific name because if you say that you just woke up and jacked off that doesn't convey that it is different from jacking off during the day when you do all of the build-up consciously and deliberately whereas in this case the build-up happens for you while sleeping and you only have to finish it.

But talking about what "counts", it is worth bearing in mind that a wet dream isn't really something to tick of a list. Despite what is suggested by some sex-ed it is not a development milestone, starting to ejaculate is the development milestone, and it's not like something people have to work for, but it is an interesting part of our sexuality.