Covid Vaccine

• Starlord wrote:

notthatchrisevans wrote:

It's still dangerous for all of us, not just the vulnerable. In some areas of Austria, even with the supposedly mild variants, hospitals are filling up, though not icus yet as much as before, and other people in need of a bed can't get one. Is all over the media in the past few days again. And that's the big issue that affects all of us! Plus, many working in hospitals are quitting and looking for new jobs or retiring early. Mom had another 3 of her dozen or so rotation team quit in January. And it's not like (especially icu) nurses or physicians grow on trees.
      Then maybe the solution was to add more beds and provide more material and more trained personel to hospitals, rather than wait 2 years to vaccinate every one against a virus which is deadly in only 1% of cases ?
      1% here in USA is well over 3 million people. I'd prefer not to see that many people die and with several billion people in the world, the total would be staggering. Let's think about what the total would be when thinking "only" 1% is acceptable
    • SouthernDude wrote:

I have chosen not to get it for personal reasons. People should be able to get it if they want it, and those that don't want it don't have to.
      You absolutely have the right to make that choice. I just hope you also realize making that choice could put people with compromised immunity issues at risk. Even a slight risk for some could be terrible for them in the long term
    • maseb wrote:

Starlord wrote:

Then maybe the solution was to add more beds and provide more material and more trained personel to hospitals, rather than wait 2 years to vaccinate every one against a virus which is deadly in only 1% of cases ?
      1% here in USA is well over 3 million people. I'd prefer not to see that many people die and with several billion people in the world, the total would be staggering. Let's think about what the total would be when thinking "only" 1% is acceptable
      Thank you, you proved my point
      The seasonal flu makes dozens of thousands deaths every year and governments have never made the vaccine mandatory
      So yeah you're asking a very good question, how much is acceptable ? (or in other words : when do stop saying we dont care about deads)

My point was : rather than forcing every one to get vaccinated, why didn't they search for why with the same virus some people die and while others feel no effect, and vaccinate these fragile people accordingly ?
    • Starlord wrote:

maseb wrote:

Starlord wrote:

Thank you, you proved my pointThe seasonal flu makes dozens of thousands deaths every year and governments have never made the vaccine mandatory
      So yeah you're asking a very good question, how much is acceptable ? (or in other words : when do stop saying we dont care about deads)

My point was : rather than forcing every one to get vaccinated, why didn't they search for why with the same virus some people die and while others feel no effect, and vaccinate these fragile people accordingly ?
      Your maths sucks
      Yes flu deaths in the USA maybe in the 10,000 to 30,000 annually, Covid-19 killed over 500,000 last year

if you don’t see the difference and understand why *everyone* being vaccinated helps slow it and stop deaths… then you probably just don’t care about people
    • lanee wrote:

Your maths sucksYes flu deaths in the USA maybe in the 10,000 to 30,000 annually, Covid-19 killed over 500,000 last year

if you don’t see the difference and understand why *everyone* being vaccinated helps slow it and stop deaths… then you probably just don’t care about people
      My maths dont suck, they just tell the truth :lol:
      Hence my question : so you think 30,000 is an acceptable number of deaths so the vaccine does not have to be mandatory ?
    • Starlord wrote:

lanee wrote:

Your maths sucksYes flu deaths in the USA maybe in the 10,000 to 30,000 annually, Covid-19 killed over 500,000 last year

My maths dont suck, they just tell the truth :lol: Hence my question : so you think 30,000 is an acceptable number of deaths so the vaccine does not have to be mandatory ?
      if you want maths try and find out how many different flu variants there are ?( (possibly hundreds) the flu jab usually only protects against about 4 (roughly the current number of major covid variant) and that's still not a guarantee that it will give any protection

The difference is Covid has 2 years of variants it actually has protection against. There are over 100 years of flu variants that a vaccine would have to be effective against (aswell as the 100 years of natural immunity humans have built up)

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Starlord wrote:

lanee wrote:

My maths dont suck, they just tell the truth :lol: Hence my question : so you think 30,000 is an acceptable number of deaths so the vaccine does not have to be mandatory ?
      it does suck :lol: :lol: because you it’s dishonest, you got caught. Deal with it.
      No one wants anyone to die, while your 30,000 sounds made up / exaggerated - the 933,000 deaths from Covid in the USA alone isn’t exaggerated it’s horrific, almost a million soon
      Most of the deaths and people needing hospital now are not vaccinated
      It’s one way to get rid of MAGAs I guess, they seem so against masks and vaccines
    • lanee wrote:

Starlord wrote:

lanee wrote:

it does suck :lol: :lol: because you it’s dishonest, you got caught. Deal with it.No one wants anyone to die, while your 30,000 sounds made up / exaggerated - the 933,000 deaths from Covid in the USA alone isn’t exaggerated it’s horrific, almost a million soon
      It’s one way to get rid of MAGAs I guess, they seem so against masks and vaccines

"Comply or die" and "if only they would have complied" come to mind.
    • lanee wrote:

Starlord wrote:

lanee wrote:

it does suck :lol: :lol: because you it’s dishonest, you got caught. Deal with it.No one wants anyone to die, while your 30,000 sounds made up / exaggerated - the 933,000 deaths from Covid in the USA alone isn’t exaggerated it’s horrific, almost a million soon

Got caught ? Doing what ? How on earth is asking questions being dishonest ?
      Also I aint the one who came up with these numbers, but since you bring it out, I went get them. According to wikipedia, the 2019-2020 flu caused 24,000 to 62,000 deaths (so probably in the middle at around 40,000) .
      en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E…_United_States_flu_season
      So if, as you say, no one wants anyone to die, then why is vaccine mandatory against covid and not the one against the flu ? That's my question lol
      Also I'm not exactly against vaccine, I'm against the fact that we are told every one must be vaccinated so get it done or lose some rights. We dont care if your immune system is strong or weak, or if you actually need it or not. Do it and shut up.
      Why do they forget to tell things that dont go in their favor ? Why do they not say the truth : vaccine will protect you from serious forms allright, but we dont know if it will work against the future variants, we dont know how much time it will be efficient, and we dont know how many doses you will need. Knowing all that, what do you decide ?
      Instead they say do it or lose rights, issues in hospitals are your fault.
      About masks, indeed I'm not so sure that they are actually as efficient as they are said to be, especially outside. They've been mandatory nearly every where for 2 years, and it didn't prevent 4 more waves... I do wear it where it's mandatory though, especially at scool.
    • Starlord wrote:

lanee wrote:

Starlord wrote:

lanee wrote:

Got caught ? Doing what ? How on earth is asking questions being dishonest ?Also I aint the one who came up with these numbers, but since you bring it out, I went get them. According to wikipedia, the 2019-2020 flu caused 24,000 to 62,000 deaths (so probably in the middle at around 40,000) .
      en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E…_United_States_flu_season
      So if, as you say, no one wants anyone to die, then why is vaccine mandatory against covid and not the one against the flu ? That's my question lol
      Also I'm not exactly against vaccine, I'm against the fact that we are told every one must be vaccinated so get it done or lose some rights. We dont care if your immune system is strong or weak, or if you actually need it or not. Do it and shut up.
      Why do they forget to tell things that dont go in their favor ? Why do they not say the truth : vaccine will protect you from serious forms allright, but we dont know if it will work against the future variants, we dont know how much time it will be efficient, and we dont know how many doses you will need. Knowing all that, what do you decide ?
      Instead they say do it or lose rights, issues in hospitals are your fault.
      About masks, indeed I'm not so sure that they are actually as efficient as they are saod to be, especially outside. They've been mandatory nearly every where for 2 years, and it didn't prevent 4 more waves... I do wear it where it's mandatory though, especially at scool.
      Maybe it should be but the regular flu isn’t remotely as deadly or long term damaging
    • collin13 wrote:

I got my second one yesterday and feel like I have been run over by a bus and then dragged 200m. Anyone else go through this with it? I had the pfizer ones.
      I had Pfizers also, my arm was just a little sore for a couple of days but that's all
      Dont be afraid to come talk to me, I dont bite... :D