Girls starting their first menstrual cycle.

• for girls when you started your first menstrual cycle did you immediately tell a parent or family member? Yes.

How old were you and who did you tell? I was 10 and I told my mum. I was expecting lots of blood but it was more of a reddish smudge. I told her that I think I had started my period but was not sure.
      Have any of you just gone to the store and bought pads or tampons and just kept it a secret? No as we knew I would soon start so my mum had stocked up on everything ready.
    • for girls when you started your first menstrual cycle did you immediately tell a parent or family member?

Nope. It was middle of the night. I knew what was happening and what to do, so i cleaned up and took care of business.

How old were you and who did you tell?

14, almost 15! Told my mom next morning.

Have any of you just gone to the store and bought pads or tampons and just kept it a secret?

Nope. Why would we keep it a secret? It is part of growing up.
    • for girls when you started your first menstrual cycle did you immediately tell a parent or family member?
      Yeah. As soon as I'd woken up enough to realise properly myself

11, went to my mum and told her I needed a little help with something

Have any of you just gone to the store and bought pads or tampons and just kept it a secret?
      No. Not like I made a massive banner promoting it. But I'm sure its pretty obvious to my family

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Kara Zor-El wrote:

for girls when you started your first menstrual cycle did you immediately tell a parent or family member?

Nope. It was middle of the night. I knew what was happening and what to do, so i cleaned up and took care of business.

Well I didn’t tell my parents when I got pubes or was able to make sperm.

Yes, told my mom. She was super helpful and supportive

I was 12, told her pretty much right away.

Nope. Why would we keep it a secret? It is part of growing up. (Stole this from Kara cause its true. Also thanks for the answer format~!).
    • Birds18 wrote:

Kara Zor-El wrote:

for girls when you started your first menstrual cycle did you immediately tell a parent or family member?

Not sure it’s really the same thing.
    • Birds18 wrote:

I was 12, nearly 13. Fortunately I was home when it happened. I told my mum. No reason why I’d keep it a secret from her but as others have said, it wasn’t something I announced to the whole world either.
    • Birds18 wrote:

but I'm guessing you probably do when your feeling rather unwell

And some boys do get talks from there parents when they notice (or suspect) those things happening. And some get help the first time they shave

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Birds18 wrote:

Kara Zor-El wrote:

well also consider its hard to keep a secret when you are doubled over in pain X/