The first move!

• The first move!

i've been.... seeing someone....
      I want to hold her hands or even kiss her goodnight, but the thought just makes my tummy go all topsy turvey, i am so nervous!! I am just not one to make the first move. But i feel like maybe she might be the same way??? Oh what to do. :huh:
    • You’re so adorable. I wish I could give you some solid advice but honestly I struggle with this too. I guess my advice is to just wait, you will know when the time is right to make the first move. You don’t want to force it so just let it naturally/casually happen. You’ll know when
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • TaylerL wrote:

You’re so adorable. I wish I could give you some solid advice but honestly I struggle with this too. I guess my advice is to just wait, you will know when the time is right to make the first move. You don’t want to force it so just let it naturally/casually happen. You’ll know when
      thanks!!!! ... yea i mean it's a bit early yet so don't wanna rush things but still ....

• I've always believed that it's better to not rush anything and mess up what you already have (that goes for romantic interests, friendships, or combination of both)

It's really cliché to say, but you will know when the time is right. Sometimes it's something as simple as recognizing that your special person can't make the first move under any circumstances. Unlike a lot of people that urge others to "just go for it!".....I know firsthand that it's not easy at all for a lot of people. I only made a move with the guy I'm seeing right now because I knew it would take him forever to do it (he was way out of his comfort zone when we first started texting, but I love that he did). It's really not an easy thing to judge

Maybe try to do an activity (romantic movie, or cook something together?) that might set some sort of mood, and try to gauge her comfort or interest level?
    • CayceStars wrote:

I've always believed that it's better to not rush anything and mess up what you already have (that goes for romantic interests, friendships, or combination of both)

It's really cliché to say, but you will know when the time is right. Sometimes it's something as simple as recognizing that your special person can't make the first move under any circumstances. Unlike a lot of people that urge others to "just go for it!".....I know firsthand that it's not easy at all for a lot of people. I only made a move with the guy I'm seeing right now because I knew it would take him forever to do it (he was way out of his comfort zone when we first started texting, but I love that he did). It's really not an easy thing to judge

Maybe try to do an activity (romantic movie, or cook something together?) that might set some sort of mood, and try to gauge her comfort or interest level?
      ty that is some good advice.
      Congrats on making that move, it sounds like that worked out nicely for you both. :)
    • Congrats on finding someone, i hope you two have a good relationship.

I agree with the others on their advice as its realistic and helpful overall. You know best in the relationship and i recommend taking it slow and only moving when both of you are ready. Although sometimes taking the first step and going out your comfort zone is needed otherwise the relationships stales and dont progress.

Take her out on dates or just hang out, see a movie or just get something to eat. Maybe hang outside of school or each others houses.

Do something together like make a meal or if you guys share an interest explore that together. I feel like this is the best thing to do, spend time with them.

Do it when you think you're ready to do so. I think she won't mind you holding her hand or a small kiss on the cheeks/forehead or even on the lip from someone she likes a lot or is really into.
    • CayceStars wrote:

I've always believed that it's better to not rush anything and mess up what you already have (that goes for romantic interests, friendships, or combination of both)

Will you be my relationship coach? That’s some great advice
    • Yeah me and my ex were just like that :/

I did manage get to hold his hand when we were walking along together and I tried brushing my hand against his, and he looked at me with the most amazing smile :D and started holding hands. My heart was beating so much :love:

The kissing part I failed at so many times (apart from so many text kisses) before we had out first irl :kiss:

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • I was so nervous my first time with another boy I think he waas waiting for me to make the first move, and since he was a little younger than me, not alot but he was, I wanted to see how eager he was to do stuff. so finally he did make the first move, it wasnt much but it made me more comfortable.

:gay:
      :gay:
    • Yeah this is so relatable lol. For me I waited a long time until we were fairly comfortable with each other and also the mutual attraction was built to a level where I was certain that making a move would be an obvious thing and wouldn't draw any surprised or negative reactions. From personal experience I think you need to rely quite a bit on your instinct... You would just sense that time when making the first move seems to be the most obvious thing to do. Don't get me wrong, even in that moment you will feel a little nervous and you will need a little courage but you will pull through ^^
    • I made the first move by going up to him and saying hi. Was so scared!! But he was nice and over a few days we talked and got to know each other. He held my hand first about 2 months later, under our books on the bus. I kissed him first a few months after that, it was the greatest feeling when he kissed me back.
    • kathyFL wrote:

I know saying it isnt the same but really youByou. If you cant get over the "fear" then you only hurt yourself. If you think they will have a bad reaction then just ask first or discuss it. Just remember your suppose to have fun not build walls to hide behind.
      You’re 12? I just ask because that was very well said.
    • Kara Zor-El wrote:

I want to hold her hands or even kiss her goodnight, but the thought just makes my tummy go all topsy turvey, i am so nervous!! I am just not one to make the first move. But i feel like maybe she might be the same way??? Oh what to do. :huh:
      First, do you know if she is interested in girls ?
    • Starlord wrote:

Kara Zor-El wrote:

First, do you know if she is interested in girls ?
      yep!