Development compared to classmates

• CayceStars wrote:

I feel bad reading this. Jade, you're beautiful and I'm thankful that we are able to chat and have fun. You always make me smile and you're an inspiration to other people here :)
    :hugs: thanks Cayce. I don't know if I'd be any different with out experiencing that. But kinda have a understanding of what it's like, and how I've learned it can be dealt with

Back onto the puberty thing. When ever you start by the time your our age (end of teens) we all have boobs, hair, periods etc. So doesn't make a difference in the end. But when your going through puberty having understanding and good friends. At any time its can be embarrassing, but people to support you is :D and help with the experience when you go through it (like everything in life)

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
  • BJade wrote:

CayceStars wrote:

I feel bad reading this. Jade, you're beautiful and I'm thankful that we are able to chat and have fun. You always make me smile and you're an inspiration to other people here :)
    :hugs: thanks Cayce. I don't know if I'd be any different with out experiencing that. But kinda have a understanding of what it's like, and how I've learned it can be dealt with
    Back onto the puberty thing. When ever you start by the time your our age (end of teens) we all have boobs, hair, periods etc. So doesn't make a difference in the end. But when your going through puberty having understanding and good friends. At any time its can be embarrassing, but people to support you is :D and help with the experience when you go through it (like everything in life)
    Exactly

Not everyone starts magically getting boobs when they are 12-14 years old, or even experiences other puberty related events at the same time or in the same order. I got a little when I was 13, but didn't even really start getting bigger there until years later. You can't help what is naturally going to come in that area, and it is okay if your body has bigger or smaller boobs....or something in the middle.

Your mental and emotional development is just as important (if not more) as the physical. Going through teen years and dealing with other people and your own self worth is incredibly difficult. Your body does not define your worth (as much as it seems like it)
  • @BJade awww reading your story i just wanna give you a big hug, i am so sorry you went through that! But remember sharing it allows you to help others in need. Bullying is a serious problem and it makes such a difference knowing someone is on your side and truly understands!

I was one of the later ones to get boobs, height and everything (tho not starting my period till freshman year was awesome). I did get teased a little bit but not mercilessly so. Jr high school is just plain AWKWARD for everyone, whether early, late and anywhere in between. To you younger girls, hang in there, you'll get through it!
  • smallpuppy11 wrote:

Seriously, I cant remember a more embarrassing time than changing in the locker room when I first started puberty. I literally DREADED it, because I was so damn embarrassed of the little lumps that had started to sprout on my chest. I was the first girl in my class to start growing boobs, which caused a good bit of teasing. :( Anyone else have a hard time as an early bloomer like me?
    I'm a boy and I'm not really early, but I have taken showers at sports since I was a kid so it wasn't really a problem
  • joannainthemiddle wrote:

Yeah I feel bad if I was staring and it upset her but it was one of the most fascinating and beautiful thing to look at, and it was kind of a revelation. How old were you at the time? I think in showers after swimming the earliest girl in my group got little swollen bumps when we were 9. Until then I thought boobs were something mums and other women had, and older teen girls had them too, but they seemed to be like a completely different category to me and my friends, so it was like a realisation that we were going to change into the body shape of our mums. But it was so much prettier than big breasts to see the little swellings in my friends before me, and also fascinating each week to see how it had changed, because I could see a difference between weeks, and how the colour of the skin and nipple changed. So I feel bad if I was awkward looking, but it was about the most beautiful thing I've seen.
    I was 9 and going through body changes so I was more aware and looking at how the other girls in my class looked.
    I was not the only one in my class developing and some had no development but it was very interesting and as you say "facinating" to see each week over the year as to how we were developing. By the end of that year we all had some boob and pube growth.
  • LittleAnna wrote:

joannainthemiddle wrote:

Yeah I feel bad if I was staring and it upset her but it was one of the most fascinating and beautiful thing to look at, and it was kind of a revelation. How old were you at the time? I think in showers after swimming the earliest girl in my group got little swollen bumps when we were 9. Until then I thought boobs were something mums and other women had, and older teen girls had them too, but they seemed to be like a completely different category to me and my friends, so it was like a realisation that we were going to change into the body shape of our mums. But it was so much prettier than big breasts to see the little swellings in my friends before me, and also fascinating each week to see how it had changed, because I could see a difference between weeks, and how the colour of the skin and nipple changed. So I feel bad if I was awkward looking, but it was about the most beautiful thing I've seen.
    I was 9 and going through body changes so I was more aware and looking at how the other girls in my class looked.I was not the only one in my class developing and some had no development but it was very interesting and as you say "facinating" to see each week over the year as to how we were developing. By the end of that year we all had some boob and pube growth.
    I think it would be cool to start developing boobs and pubic hair at that age but I bet it was probably quite freaky to start your menstrual cycle so young
  • Birds18 wrote:

LittleAnna wrote:

joannainthemiddle wrote:

I was 9 and going through body changes so I was more aware and looking at how the other girls in my class looked.I was not the only one in my class developing and some had no development but it was very interesting and as you say "facinating" to see each week over the year as to how we were developing. By the end of that year we all had some boob and pube growth.
    I think it would be cool to start developing boobs and pubic hair at that age but I bet it was probably quite freaky to start your menstrual cycle so young
    Yea like Anna said, it was definitely something interesting to witness. My classmates and I had all been friends for a while, but then your group of friends all start to go through the same changes all at different paces. One week your friend is completely flat chested, the next week their nipples are a different color and twice as big. I would say that for most of the girls in my class, our boobs started sprouting and grew slowly for about maybe a year or two before we got our periods.
  • smallpuppy11 wrote:

Yea like Anna said, it was definitely something interesting to witness. My classmates and I had all been friends for a while, but then your group of friends all start to go through the same changes all at different paces. One week your friend is completely flat chested, the next week their nipples are a different color and twice as big. I would say that for most of the girls in my class, our boobs started sprouting and grew slowly for about maybe a year or two before we got our periods.
    it varied a lot for us too, each time another girl would now be wearing a bra and others wearing bigger bras. My bush filled out pretty quickly and as it is dark hair it was more noticeable than say others who had light fuzzy pubes. Which of us was going to get our period first was also a big thing between my friends, any sort of tummy pain we might get was like "have you started yet?" and looking to see if any were wearing pads. Our p.e teacher had a box full of pads and told us if any of us needed a pad just to take them.
  • The first girl in my class to get boobs wasn't embaressed at all. It was after the summer holiday and she was all like 'look what happened!' in the changing room after gym. I was a little jealous at the time but I dont think any of us felt embaressed when our nipples and buds started growing after that.
    Feel free to send me a message!
  • sasha12hollandx wrote:

The first girl in my class to get boobs wasn't embaressed at all. It was after the summer holiday and she was all like 'look what happened!' in the changing room after gym. I was a little jealous at the time but I dont think any of us felt embaressed when our nipples and buds started growing after that.
    How old wass she at the timee she said that?
    Feel free to message me about literally anything 24|7.
  • Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

The first girl in my class to get boobs wasn't embaressed at all. It was after the summer holiday and she was all like 'look what happened!' in the changing room after gym. I was a little jealous at the time but I dont think any of us felt embaressed when our nipples and buds started growing after that.
    11 I guess
    Feel free to send me a message!
  • sasha12hollandx wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

11 I guess
    She was so lucky, I haven't started yet
  • Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

11 I guess
    Well, if this thread has taught you anything, expect to feel it in your nipples sometime very soon :P
  • smallpuppy11 wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

11 I guess
    Well, if this thread has taught you anything, expect to feel it in your nipples sometime very soon :P
    I can't wait, I was so excited!
  • Giannaisawesome wrote:

smallpuppy11 wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

11 I guess
    Hahaha might as well check the mirror every morning until they finally pop out! :P
  • smallpuppy11 wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

smallpuppy11 wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

11 I guess
    Hahaha might as well check the mirror every morning until they finally pop out! :P
    I actually do lol
  • Giannaisawesome wrote:

smallpuppy11 wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

smallpuppy11 wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

Giannaisawesome wrote:

sasha12hollandx wrote:

11 I guess
    I actually do lol
    Let's just hope they don't get stage fright now that you are watching! lol
  • sasha12hollandx wrote:

I wish I could have been that brave at the start, I was all :angeldevil: when I first started, Now I'm not bothered changing at school as we are all developing more or less the same. It's just awkward if you are one of the first or one of the last. One of my sister's friends at school is a few months older and she has started her period over the summer holiday bless her :/

It kind of weird but at times I miss noticing the first changes and checking how I was developing.