Is your country/area friendly/safe for lgbtq+ peole?

• Officially its safe and everything is legal and accepted, but there are still people who dont accept and who will be agressive or violent toward gay lesbian or trans people. In my high school theres only one boy who came out and is being teased and bullied by some of the other boys. So its probably better than in many countries and I think it will also be better when we are adults.
      :) ^^ :D :thumbsup: :saint:
    • Joelle2008 wrote:

Officially its safe and everything is legal and accepted, but there are still people who dont accept and who will be agressive or violent toward gay lesbian or trans people. In my high school theres only one boy who came out and is being teased and bullied by some of the other boys. So its probably better than in many countries and I think it will also be better when we are adults.
      It’s the same at my school it pretty safe but I’d some find out they will get teased, even those that are gay get called it
    • HannahW wrote:

It certainly seems to be more normalised in the media these days, and Pride events seem to be a big thing, but I’ve read in the newspaper that there have been an increase in “gay bashing” incidents recently, so I don’t know.
      I agree with Hannah. It certainly isn't accepted within my (Catholic) family unfortunately.
    • char03 wrote:

HannahW wrote:

It certainly seems to be more normalised in the media these days, and Pride events seem to be a big thing, but I’ve read in the newspaper that there have been an increase in “gay bashing” incidents recently, so I don’t know.
      I agree with Hannah. It certainly isn't accepted within my (Catholic) family unfortunately.
      Our Episcopal church has a female gay priest. Love who you love.
    • gagefromtx wrote:

char03 wrote:

HannahW wrote:

Our Episcopal church has a female gay priest. Love who you love.
      I personally agree. That’s amazing and so positive!
    • I think it is pretty safe, as an example at my high school there is a support group that has quite a few members. I had thought about joining it but am not ready to be publically out. No one gets teased or picked on because of it. There wasn't any talk of it or groups in primary school though (thats k to 8 here). I know of a few boys in 9th grade who are gay and have talked to a few of them as well.
    • KONnik wrote:

Is it safe to be openly an lgbtq person in your country? If it's safe is it regarded as something normal or as something bad?
      I already get problems at school because I practiced dance and other girl stuff and many assume I'm gay
      I have been picked a bunch of times for all this and I have fought a bunch too
      People assume I am violent while I just defend myself

If I tell them that actually I feel like a girl and would like to try girl clothes that will prolly get things even worse

So no I dont think people are lgbtqia+ friendly
      Dont be afraid to come talk to me, I dont bite... :D
    • Vic2022 wrote:

KONnik wrote:

Is it safe to be openly an lgbtq person in your country? If it's safe is it regarded as something normal or as something bad?
      I already get problems at school because I practiced dance and other girl stuff and many assume I'm gayI have been picked a bunch of times for all this and I have fought a bunch too

If I tell them that actually I feel like a girl and would like to try girl clothes that will prolly get things even worse

Sounds bad :(
    • HannahW wrote:

I live in the UK also and would agree with HannahW's comments.
    • Vic2022 wrote:

KONnik wrote:

I already get problems at school because I practiced dance and other girl stuff and many assume I'm gayI have been picked a bunch of times for all this and I have fought a bunch too

As a UK person all i can really say from what i read and my friends say is that colleges/universities and a lot of the higher-end places seem to be LGBTQ friendly. Some say it also depends on what part of England you live in..

a lot of secondary schools are going to have a ton of people being homophobic/not so understanding or just outright bullies.. The Uk claims we're doing better and that w'ere becoming a safer place but i feel we're just being blind and that theres still a lot of hate in the UK as i know a fact someone lgbt had crimes committed against them in my area due to a homophobic person :/
    • DragonV2 wrote:

Vic2022 wrote:

KONnik wrote:

I already get problems at school because I practiced dance and other girl stuff and many assume I'm gayI have been picked a bunch of times for all this and I have fought a bunch tooPeople assume I am violent while I just defend myself

As a UK person all i can really say from what i read and my friends say is that colleges/universities and a lot of the higher-end places seem to be LGBTQ friendly. Some say it also depends on what part of England you live in..
      a lot of secondary schools are going to have a ton of people being homophobic/not so understanding or just outright bullies.. The Uk claims we're doing better and that w'ere becoming a safer place but i feel we're just being blind and that theres still a lot of hate in the UK as i know a fact someone lgbt had crimes committed against them in my area due to a homophobic person :/
      8o
    • mentallychaotic wrote:

Yes, I think my country is generally safe for anyone, however they view themselves or label themselves. Likely more tolerant of course, in the cities, but even rural areas are safe.
      I wouldn't go as far as saying my school is not safe, but just a little bunch of bullyers is enough to annoy every one else
      Dont be afraid to come talk to me, I dont bite... :D