President Biden's Withdrawal From Afghanistan. Your thoughts?

• its what the US (and world) population had been asking for year ?( and what presidents have said will happen, but didn't occur before

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Would have been worse if trump did it, he’d not wanted to have brought back refugees

it was always going to be bad if the Afghans weren’t going to stand up to the Taliban
      And because they didn’t want to do it, they didn’t deserve anyone elses help doing it
    • elsa wrote:

Would have been worse if trump did it, he’d not wanted to have brought back refugees
      Biden left U.S. CITIZENS behind. It was a total clusterfuck.

I love how people keep saying Trump would have done it worse...you couldn't have done it any worse. A monkey could have planned the withdrawal better than Biden did...or rather, failed to do.

Trump was a staunch supporter of the military and those who worked with our military, he wouldn't have just left thousands of people with their dicks hanging in the wind.
    • Lol Trump didn’t care about the military at all, he was only a staunch supporter of his wallet

US citizens have been told to leave for a long time

Biden pulled off the biggest airlift of people in US history

Last time Trump tried to do something like this the Russians conveniently scored airfields and equipment

at least what was left in Afghanistan was mostly just crap

they had 20 years, they didn’t want to fight the Taliban because most were paid off or actually were Taliban all along
    • Good idea, and anyone leading that situation would come under extreme criticism. They were all told the date and it was their choice on how and when they were ready to leave.

Trump signed the treaty that said Aug 31 was the deadline and all US citizens mostly likely were aware of that date, Biden honored it. He had no choice other than sending more troops in and potentially getting more killed. 13 soldiers died tragically. It could have been worse.

I wonder how much easier it might have gone if the previous president hadn't allowed the Taliban leaders, who have now taken over, to get out of prison.
    • Ashley2004 wrote:

pulling out probably guarantees another terrorist attack in the US within a decade. We can only hope it's not another 9/11.
      I'm not sure it guarantees another attack. The Taliban is a fundamentalist religious group, not specifically terrorist, and they are against claimed terrorist groups, or so they say. But like you I worry about another one. And most likely would come from IS, Iran and or Syria instead of Afghanistan
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

elsa wrote:

Would have been worse if trump did it, he’d not wanted to have brought back refugees
      Biden left U.S. CITIZENS behind. It was a total clusterfuck.
      I love how people keep saying Trump would have done it worse...you couldn't have done it any worse. A monkey could have planned the withdrawal better than Biden did...or rather, failed to do.

Trump was a staunch supporter of the military and those who worked with our military, he wouldn't have just left thousands of people with their dicks hanging in the wind.
      I think it’s hard to say if Trump would’ve done it better or worse. Deals were made with the Taliban to get people out of there.. It wasn’t solely up to the US Government. I love you Fiona, but disagree that Trump was a staunch supporter of the military. He supported them when it was convenient for him and only then. When talking about John McCain, he said it himself that he likes people who don’t get captured. What kind of human being, let alone a President, says that? I don’t think Trump would have worked very hard to get everyone home. He didn’t work to bring anyone home during his Peesidency, but he sure talked a good game about it.

As far as the withdrawal, I think it was a good idea but it was never going to have a happy ending, not without the Afghan Army standing up for themselves against the Taliban. Most of them laid their rifles down and let it happen. My heart breaks for the civilians still over there and knowing how women and children are treated. We needed to bring home our men and women though. Twenty years was too long and staying longer wouldn’t have done any good imo
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • TaylerL wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

elsa wrote:

Biden left U.S. CITIZENS behind. It was a total clusterfuck.I love how people keep saying Trump would have done it worse...you couldn't have done it any worse. A monkey could have planned the withdrawal better than Biden did...or rather, failed to do.

I think it’s hard to say if Trump would’ve done it better or worse. Deals were made with the Taliban to get people out of there.. It wasn’t solely up to the US Government. I love you Fiona, but disagree that Trump was a staunch supporter of the military. He supported them when it was convenient for him and only then. When talking about John McCain, he said it himself that he likes people who don’t get captured. What kind of human being, let alone a President, says that? I don’t think Trump would have worked very hard to get everyone home. He didn’t work to bring anyone home during his Peesidency, but he sure talked a good game about it.
      As far as the withdrawal, I think it was a good idea but it was never going to have a happy ending, not without the Afghan Army standing up for themselves against the Taliban. Most of them laid their rifles down and let it happen. My heart breaks for the civilians still over there and knowing how women and children are treated. We needed to bring home our men and women though. Twenty years was too long and staying longer wouldn’t have done any good imo
      You make some very good points, especially what Trump said about Senator McCain. He also said that the men and women who died in service to the country were "losers". So much for supporting the military!
    • Ashley2004 wrote:

pulling out probably guarantees another terrorist attack in the US within a decade. We can only hope it's not another 9/11.
      They’d let terrorists stay there but the big international ones are all pretty broken
      We have more to fear from home grown white supremacist and right wing terrorists than we do from Muslim ones in Afghanistan
    • TaylerL wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

elsa wrote:

Biden left U.S. CITIZENS behind. It was a total clusterfuck.I love how people keep saying Trump would have done it worse...you couldn't have done it any worse. A monkey could have planned the withdrawal better than Biden did...or rather, failed to do.

it would always have been worse with Trump
    • elsa wrote:

Ashley2004 wrote:

They’d let terrorists stay there but the big international ones are all pretty brokenWe have more to fear from home grown white supremacist and right wing terrorists than we do from Muslim ones in Afghanistan
      no we don't. grow up and get off of reddit.
    • elsa wrote:

TaylerL wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

elsa wrote:

I think it’s hard to say if Trump would’ve done it better or worse. Deals were made with the Taliban to get people out of there.. It wasn’t solely up to the US Government. I love you Fiona, but disagree that Trump was a staunch supporter of the military. He supported them when it was convenient for him and only then. When talking about John McCain, he said it himself that he likes people who don’t get captured. What kind of human being, let alone a President, says that? I don’t think Trump would have worked very hard to get everyone home. He didn’t work to bring anyone home during his Peesidency, but he sure talked a good game about it.As far as the withdrawal, I think it was a good idea but it was never going to have a happy ending, not without the Afghan Army standing up for themselves against the Taliban. Most of them laid their rifles down and let it happen. My heart breaks for the civilians still over there and knowing how women and children are treated. We needed to bring home our men and women though. Twenty years was too long and staying longer wouldn’t have done any good imo
      it would always have been worse with Trump
      In terms of making sure Afghans who could get out of there actually did, I agree.
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

elsa wrote:

Ashley2004 wrote:

They’d let terrorists stay there but the big international ones are all pretty brokenWe have more to fear from home grown white supremacist and right wing terrorists than we do from Muslim ones in Afghanistan
      no we don't. grow up and get off of reddit.
      I wonder how many foreign terrorists were storming the Capitol on Jan 6? I haven't heard of any being arrested, mostly white Americans.....