What are your concerns as a teenager?

• I'm not a teenager anymore...but I can tell you that I used to struggle alot with how people perceived me. What they thought of me. How people reacted to things I said or did. I think alot of teens deal with that stuff though...you have to learn to kind of get out of your own head.
    • oh geeez, what keeps me up at night? How much time you got? X/ i'll keep it short
      Constantly overthinking things. And overthinking the overthinking. omg it's terrible.
      I am so self conscious.
      My self esteem sucks, even though it's gotten better.
      Depression and anxiety. Feeling like my brain is f**ked up. ;(
    • constantly trying so hard with things, and never getting anything in return, wondering why I bother

Always being turned down and rejected. Wondering if there's anything more I can do, or why I'm always rejected

Worrying how I'm gonna feel the next day when I wake up. And knowing theres not going to be anyone around to talk to. And when I try talking to people they're always too busy to listen

But atleast since I've finished school I don't have to worry about bullies. What they'll say, what horrible way they'll hurt me. Fearing what plans they have to make my life hell

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • BJade wrote:

constantly trying so hard with things, and never getting anything in return, wondering why I bother

Always being turned down and rejected. Wondering if there's anything more I can do, or why I'm always rejected

Worrying how I'm gonna feel the next day when I wake up. And knowing theres not going to be anyone around to talk to. And when I try talking to people they're always too busy to listen

But atleast since I've finished school I don't have to worry about bullies. What they'll say, what horrible way they'll hurt me. Fearing what plans they have to make my life hell
      I'm so sorry you feel that way, Jade :(

If you ever need to talk, or yell, or just need someone....then we can always just talk about whatever. You're way too good of a person, and I understand feeling like no one cares enough to be nice
    • BJade wrote:

constantly trying so hard with things, and never getting anything in return, wondering why I bother

I hope there's always someone on here for you, Jade, and I think there will be people nearer you as well.
    • BJade wrote:

I feel sorry for what you've had to go through especially for the bulling part but I'm glad you no longer have to worry about it. I guess it has affected your life even today though because it is something very scarring.
    • I've got many things going on and I can't stand the feeling of failure, so while I like myself quite a lot, I may still be my own worst enemy. Cause I put myself in situations where I want to learn new skills or to develop skills I already have.
      Always trying to explore something, while not giving myself space to fail or give up.
      Having a hot temper, it wouldn't go down easy anyway. And I'm not easy on other people talking shit about me (maybe that's why it almost never happens)
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • CayceStars wrote:

I struggle with people actually liking me, and not just telling me they do

I struggle with putting in effort for other people, and feeling forgotten about

I struggle with accomplishing things, and no one caring

I struggle with other people demanding attention, and me just trying to fit in
      I so feel this and at the same time breaks my heart that someone else feels like this.
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • feeling like I’m not good enough.
      Fear that I’ve said something wrong after talking to someone and wondering if it changed their perception of me.
      Like Cayce, i struggle with not fully believing someone likes me even when they tell me they do.
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • kathyFL wrote:

One thing I keep struggling with is will we ever get over Covid. I hate always having to adjust my life for it rather then like before when your life was your way. I hate it and I hate on school / off school - online stuff. Stop just Stop !!!
      Eventually. It will just take time for the world to get either vaccinated or infected. Of course, things would go much faster in some countries if people would just get the damn vaccine!
      What's up, my dudes?
    • Climate change is the only thing I really feel like is impossible to fix and overcome. I worry about plenty of stuff but deep down I know it's all fixable or not really important, like looks or weight or school. I even think covid will be able to be overcome in time. But climate change... what a mess! I do still worry about looks and weight and school though lol, even if I know it's not as important, it still seems important to me at the time and it can keep me up at night which sucks but I think is normal.
    • Starlord wrote:

KONnik wrote:

What are your concerns/ things keeping you up at night?

For example one thing I struggle with is fear/stress about the future.
      I dont worry too much about the future like my job I have time to think about itI just try to preserve environment and nature
      And my brothers also lol
      I get that and I don't want to be pessimistic and such but I feel that even if I try to preserve the environment nothing will change. And this is actually true. So I think that it creates a fear for something that you know you can do nothing about to help/stop. (I hope that makes sense)