Depression Anxiety and... Me

• Depression Anxiety and... Me

Hey everyone who knows me and those of you all who don't. Its not something I normally talk about in open forum but I've been through a rough patch lately and wanted to put this somewhere just in case I hit rock bottom. Maybe it can help someone going through similar things?

Anyway, I'm Karina and I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety last year. It comes from the fact that when I was 12 someone forced themselves on to me. It was a trusted person and even to this day just a tap on the back or a loud noise freaks me out. I also can't speak in front of crowds of more then 6 people without shuddering and feeling sick. Pretty much my coping mechanism is to pretend I'm fine and involve myself in my tennis play.

I know some people might call this fake or sympathy fishing. I just wanted to get this down and out so that other people know that yeah other people feel the way they do and maybe start a discussion that it's ok to feel this way for any reason? Anyway thanks for reading it if you made it this far sorry it's so long and rambly. :love1:
    • Hey everyone who knows me and those of you all who don't. Its not something I normally talk about in open forum but I've been through a rough patch lately and wanted to put this somewhere just in case I hit rock bottom. Maybe it can help someone going through similar things?

Karifox wrote:

Anyway, I'm Karina and I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety last year. It comes from the fact that when I was 12 someone forced themselves on to me. It was a trusted person and even to this day just a tap on the back or a loud noise freaks me out. I also can't speak in front of crowds of more then 6 people without shuddering and feeling sick. Pretty much my coping mechanism is to pretend I'm fine and involve myself in my tennis play.

I know some people might call this fake or sympathy fishing. I just wanted to get this down and out so that other people know that yeah other people feel the way they do and maybe start a discussion that it's ok to feel this way for any reason? Anyway thanks for reading it if you made it this far sorry it's so long and rambly. :love1:
      I don’t think that sounds fake or fishing at all
      If they’re honest I think every girl has a story of being groped or worse

hugs
      I’m so sorry about what you have to deal with
    • Karifox wrote:

Hey everyone who knows me and those of you all who don't. Its not something I normally talk about in open forum but I've been through a rough patch lately and wanted to put this somewhere just in case I hit rock bottom. Maybe it can help someone going through similar things?

Thank you for being brave about what happen. I hope as you face everything that you know others are here to just listen and not judge.
    • I am so sorry you went through that. First off, you are not alone! I have the similar mental illness. *hugs* It sounds like you've taken a really important first step in talking about it, naming it, getting help. Have you been talking to a therapist too? Talk to someone when you struggle and DON'T pretend it's fine. I did that and almost did hit rock bottom. It's a terribly dark place. You've got this.
    • Kara Zor-El wrote:

I am so sorry you went through that. First off, you are not alone! I have the similar mental illness. *hugs* It sounds like you've taken a really important first step in talking about it, naming it, getting help. Have you been talking to a therapist too? Talk to someone when you struggle and DON'T pretend it's fine. I did that and almost did hit rock bottom. It's a terribly dark place. You've got this.
      I think it’s a huge step and means a lot to many as most girls have a bad story - some are just worse than others
    • I have pretty much given up at been happy and this point every so often I come out of the darkness but it’s been a tough few years to be honest. I really hope it gets better for you I think there are some really kind people here reading the responses and if you ever want to chat I will do my best for you!
    • I feel you. I also have anxiety, depression, and trust issues, due to trusted friends betraying me in the past. For some time I had given up on any attempts to change anything - I was thinking I am just like this.
      Meeting my girlfriend and her liking and accepting me the way I am made me feel kind of much better about myself and perhaps I will eventually seek therapy to finally get over this. She encourages me to do so - she attended therapy herself and has a very positive feedback.
    • sorry that happened to you :( hope things can start to get better with help @Karifox

Murderous_bunny wrote:

I feel you. I also have anxiety, depression, and trust issues, due to trusted friends betraying me in the past. For some time I had given up on any attempts to change anything - I was thinking I am just like this.
      Meeting my girlfriend and her liking and accepting me the way I am made me feel kind of much better about myself and perhaps I will eventually seek therapy to finally get over this. She encourages me to do so - she attended therapy herself and has a very positive feedback.
      I had a similar time with 'friends' betraying or using me to get stuff. And my ex helped me to feel alot more like I could be wanted. Though we broke up which really sucked :(

But some of the nice girls (and a few boys) I've met on here and VT have made me feel like I can have real friends who are really nice :D

I won't say I don't still get really down and ;( but I do have you friends to give me a cheer up :hugs:

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."