Anxiety... (not sure if correct forum)

• Anxiety... (not sure if correct forum)

I know we all develop differently. I’ve heard that from my parents, family doctor, read it on here and elsewhere. But it is still frustrating af!
      I’ll turn 14 early next year and so far, the only ‘puberty sign’ I notice are the effing boners I get all the time. Got no hair or growth whatsoever. I had really hoped it would change over summer as I was already one of the last at the end of last school year.
      I get super anxious when I think about going back to school next week - we’ve had distance learning this week and last with a few positive tests in my year. I love sports but I hate PE, purely for having to shower afterwards, which is a requirement at my school.
      It’s not that anyone has ever made fun of me, at least not to my face. But I don’t wanna get naked and I don’t wanna take a shower in front of my classmates.
      I guess this is not really a question or whatever, but I just needed to get it off my chest. Been reading the forum as a guest for a while but finally registered…
      Anyhow, no need to reply. Thanks for listening.
    • notthatchrisevans wrote:

I know we all develop differently. I’ve heard that from my parents, family doctor, read it on here and elsewhere. But it is still frustrating af!
      I’ll turn 14 early next year and so far, the only ‘puberty sign’ I notice are the effing boners I get all the time. Got no hair or growth whatsoever. I had really hoped it would change over summer as I was already one of the last at the end of last school year.
      I get super anxious when I think about going back to school next week - we’ve had distance learning this week and last with a few positive tests in my year. I love sports but I hate PE, purely for having to shower afterwards, which is a requirement at my school.
      It’s not that anyone has ever made fun of me, at least not to my face. But I don’t wanna get naked and I don’t wanna take a shower in front of my classmates.
      I guess this is not really a question or whatever, but I just needed to get it off my chest. Been reading the forum as a guest for a while but finally registered…
      Hang in there Chris. I went through the same thing, last to get pubes and any signs of growth. Finally happened when I was 14. Showers won't be easy at first but try and have confidence in yourself and it will get easier the more you do it.
    • kathyFL wrote:

I think you are normal. There is alot of threads on showering at school or around others. Since nobody is bugging you about body issues you are way ahead of many others. Be positive if you can.

maseb wrote:

notthatchrisevans wrote:

Hang in there Chris. I went through the same thing, last to get pubes and any signs of growth. Finally happened when I was 14. Showers won't be easy at first but try and have confidence in yourself and it will get easier the more you do it.
      Thanks for your replies!
      I know it will happen sooner or later but it is still super annoying and I am embarrassed having to undress in front of and shower with my classmates.