Swim naked/Skinny Dip

• pahern0317 wrote:

The French like their boys in speedos. You can even buy them in vending machines.
      They sell them in vending machines at the pools because all the tourists bring their board-shorts, and then find out that shorts are not allowed in pools in France. Most of the machines, however, sell both slip-style (speedos) and trunk style.

I have been nude swimming at the lake near my home a couple of times, with friends. And a few times in our small above-ground pool at home. Not something I do often. At the lake, it was more a dare. Oh, and in our hot tub with friends.
    • mentallychaotic wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

The French like their boys in speedos. You can even buy them in vending machines.
      They sell them in vending machines at the pools because all the tourists bring their board-shorts, and then find out that shorts are not allowed in pools in France. Most of the machines, however, sell both slip-style (speedos) and trunk style.
      I have been nude swimming at the lake near my home a couple of times, with friends. And a few times in our small above-ground pool at home. Not something I do often. At the lake, it was more a dare. Oh, and in our hot tub with friends.
      What a ridiculous rule to not allow board shorts
      What a perverted culture
    • catriona wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

They sell them in vending machines at the pools because all the tourists bring their board-shorts, and then find out that shorts are not allowed in pools in France. Most of the machines, however, sell both slip-style (speedos) and trunk style.I have been nude swimming at the lake near my home a couple of times, with friends. And a few times in our small above-ground pool at home. Not something I do often. At the lake, it was more a dare. Oh, and in our hot tub with friends.
      What a ridiculous rule to not allow board shortsWhat a perverted culture
      What????? First, I assume the rule is for health/sanitary reasons. Second, just because a culture is different than your own or does things that you disagree with does not make it "perverted". What was in your mind, what was your thought, when you made that judgment, @catriona?
    • mentallychaotic wrote:

catriona wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

They sell them in vending machines at the pools because all the tourists bring their board-shorts, and then find out that shorts are not allowed in pools in France. Most of the machines, however, sell both slip-style (speedos) and trunk style.I have been nude swimming at the lake near my home a couple of times, with friends. And a few times in our small above-ground pool at home. Not something I do often. At the lake, it was more a dare. Oh, and in our hot tub with friends.
      What????? First, I assume the rule is for health/sanitary reasons. Second, just because a culture is different than your own or does things that you disagree with does not make it "perverted". What was in your mind, what was your thought, when you made that judgment, @catriona
      Lol what could possibly be unhealthy or unsanitary about shorts over Speedo’s?
      Speedo’s are usually worn here by pervy creepy types/old men who are exhibitionist
      So insisting all males need to wear such a thing… creepy

it’s one thing with athletes - but everyone? Pass
    • catriona wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

catriona wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

What????? First, I assume the rule is for health/sanitary reasons. Second, just because a culture is different than your own or does things that you disagree with does not make it "perverted". What was in your mind, what was your thought, when you made that judgment, @catriona
      Lol what could possibly be unhealthy or unsanitary about shorts over Speedo’s?Speedo’s are usually worn here by pervy creepy types/old men who are exhibitionist
      So insisting all males need to wear such a thing… creepy

I am guessing from this response that you do not live in Europe. Or latin America for that matter.

I think the idea is, that you wear boardshort everywhere... having burger &fries & dripping ketchup on them, playing footie, hanging out on the grass at the park... whatever ... then you get in the pool with those same shorts? Eh, no.

If your avatar is really a photo of you, this seems a bit hypocritical. That said, it is time to drop this conversation and move on.
    • mentallychaotic wrote:

catriona wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

catriona wrote:

mentallychaotic wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

Lol what could possibly be unhealthy or unsanitary about shorts over Speedo’s?Speedo’s are usually worn here by pervy creepy types/old men who are exhibitionistSo insisting all males need to wear such a thing… creepy

I am guessing from this response that you do not live in Europe. Or latin America for that matter.
      I think the idea is, that you wear boardshort everywhere... having burger &fries & dripping ketchup on them, playing footie, hanging out on the grass at the park... whatever ... then you get in the pool with those same shorts? Eh, no.

If your avatar is really a photo of you, this seems a bit hypocritical. That said, it is time to drop this conversation and move on.
      I live in the US and I am a competitive swimmer. I have no problem wearing a swim brief style suit. Many of my friends wear them too and not all of them are competitive swimmers. We are not pervs or creeps. They are more comfortable than board shorts for swimming anyway. I do skinny dip with my brothers and friends at our home pool and the lake too.