Wish Me Luck!

• joannainthemiddle wrote:

Good luck. Don't let anyone force feed you scripture and shove it down your throat, but please do read the Gospel (especially of Mark and John) with an open heart.
      Haha Thanks, but I'm allergic to gospels. Sorry Joanna.
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • So the school party was yesterday evening. There was a band brought in to play live music at the party, so I was placed quite early in the evening not to disrupt their planned program.

Almost every person on the school knows about my music taste, so I guess they kinda knew, what was coming. However, the party was the “Plus One” thing, so more than half the crowd was going in blind. So I thought I might explain what was about to go on, but our music teacher also felt the need to introduce it, so he beat me to it. He spoke in positive tones about the music, and even wished they would be able to hear all the talent going into the making of such music. And then while looking wondering at me, he said: “And this style of singing takes years to learn, cause it’s very difficult.”

I nodded to him, probably in a cocky way. I was so ready.

I looked down at the people. My song was the first performance after we’d been eating, so they were still sitting at the tables rather than being on the floor, though Peter (my boyfriend), the history teacher, religions teacher, english teacher and math teacher was at the front of the floor on their toes in expectation - So close I could reach out and touch them. The band supposed to play after my performance were also on the floor, probably still thinking “Lorna Shore” was the name of a female singer songwriter.

All other teachers were standing and some of the students, who know me best also got up from their chairs. I think some of the “plus ones” were metal fans and understood what this was, so they were on the edge of their chairs :excited:

I had brought my own microphone and earpiece, and we tested the sound in the afternoon. After the music teacher had introduced me and the song, he went down to the computer to setup the rest of my performance. I was about to sing to an instrumental version, while a projector showed the lyrics on the back of the stage behind me (A little bit of a karaoke vibe). While he pushed the buttons, I spent the time talking a little bit about the important history, the song is about. Our religion teacher nodded in approval. And it was what the presumed metal fans needed to hear to join the small crowd up front. Some of them looked at me in a mix disbelief and excitement.

Finally the song started. The first minute is without singing and I felt the surge of adrenaline and motivation. I was sure this would be awesome and spectacular, and it was like the beast inside me took over. I felt every bit of it and just let my body language go and do it’s own intense contribution. My own sound was perfect. Better than my rehearsals from home.

More and more people came to the floor while I sang. Not to dance but just to be closer. Well Peter and the history teacher, the music teacher and religions teacher went totally wild with arms around each other. :omg: :bump: :runaround: :play:

Metal fans were also easy to spot in the crowd. I loved it and very happy I did it, even if it’s not music for the average school party. When the music stopped there were cheering and clapping. :clap: :zomg:

I am happy to live in an open minded country and go to a great school, where the teachers are also my friends.
      During the rest of the party, many many people wanted to talk and know about it. I’m really satisfied with that and I will start looking for a new song to learn :D
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Natacha wrote:

So the school party was yesterday evening. There was a band brought in to play live music at the party, so I was placed quite early in the evening not to disrupt their planned program.

Almost every person on the school knows about my music taste, so I guess they kinda knew, what was coming. However, the party was the “Plus One” thing, so more than half the crowd was going in blind. So I thought I might explain what was about to go on, but our music teacher also felt the need to introduce it, so he beat me to it. He spoke in positive tones about the music, and even wished they would be able to hear all the talent going into the making of such music. And then while looking wondering at me, he said: “And this style of singing takes years to learn, cause it’s very difficult.”

I looked down at the people. My song was the first performance after we’d been eating, so they were still sitting at the tables rather than being on the floor, though Peter (my boyfriend), the history teacher, religions teacher, english teacher and math teacher was at the front of the floor on their toes in expectation - So close I could reach out and touch them. The band supposed to play after my performance were also on the floor, probably still thinking “Lorna Shore” was the name of a female singer songwriter.

All other teachers were standing and some of the students, who know me best also got up from their chairs. I think some of the “plus ones” were metal fans and understood what this was, so they were on the edge of their chairs :excited:

I had brought my own microphone and earpiece, and we tested the sound in the afternoon. After the music teacher had introduced me and the song, he went down to the computer to setup the rest of my performance. I was about to sing to an instrumental version, while a projector showed the lyrics on the back of the stage behind me (A little bit of a karaoke vibe). While he pushed the buttons, I spent the time talking a little bit about the important history, the song is about. Our religion teacher nodded in approval. And it was what the presumed metal fans needed to hear to join the small crowd up front. Some of them looked at me in a mix disbelief and excitement.

Finally the song started. The first minute is without singing and I felt the surge of adrenaline and motivation. I was sure this would be awesome and spectacular, and it was like the beast inside me took over. I felt every bit of it and just let my body language go and do it’s own intense contribution. My own sound was perfect. Better than my rehearsals from home.

More and more people came to the floor while I sang. Not to dance but just to be closer. Well Peter and the history teacher, the music teacher and religions teacher went totally wild with arms around each other. :omg: :bump: :runaround: :play:

Metal fans were also easy to spot in the crowd. I loved it and very happy I did it, even if it’s not music for the average school party. When the music stopped there were cheering and clapping. :clap: :zomg:

I am happy to live in an open minded country and go to a great school, where the teachers are also my friends.
      During the rest of the party, many many people wanted to talk and know about it. I’m really satisfied with that and I will start looking for a new song to learn :D
      Congrats :clap:
    • notthatchrisevans wrote:

Natacha wrote:

So the school party was yesterday evening. There was a band brought in to play live music at the party, so I was placed quite early in the evening not to disrupt their planned program.

Congrats :clap:
      Thanks so much Chris :)
    • Natacha wrote:

Amazing, I'm glad it was a success. Congrats! :D
      Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
    • Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Thank you. It went really well. I loved it :D
    • Natacha wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

I'm glad it did, you deserved it after all your preparations for it. :)
    • Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Thanks, and yes I have practiced like crazy. Still it's been fun :)
    • Natacha wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Thanks, and yes I have practiced like crazy. Still it's been fun :)
      Yeah I think I remember you've been working on it since summer. I can imagine. :)