First relationship

• First relationship

Hello, my name is Aidan and I'm 13 years old (nearly 14) and I'm dating a girl who is 12 (nearly 13) We've been together for a month, and speaking daily for two months. I know I need to be realistic and I know that the majority of teen relationships don't last and teens aren't often mature enough. I just feel like we're going really well and any issues we have we talk about. We communicate really well together and often are on the same page about things. I always help her with her anxiety and medical conditions and she helps me with issues I have. We text a lot and also speak very often at school during lunch time. I want to see if anyone has advice on making this last because I really enjoy this and want it to keep going. I know it will require a lot of work and it won't be easy, I know there's a high chance this won't last but I want to do everything I can to try and make sure it does. Any advice/comments would be appreciated

- Aidan
    • with the talking and helping eachother out with stuff, sounds like your doing a good job :D <3

Advice
      -keep communicating
      -don't rush things (or do anything your not 100% comfortable doing)
      -as your young maybe a time you want a break from eachother (just to do your own thing and grow as a person) so give eachother that space, and support eachothers development
      -make sure she always knows you care (doesnt need to be big, even a "I love you" text, or sharing a pack of sweets can make her know)

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Bjade has some really solid advice as usual :) Congrats on your relationship and heres to it lasting a happy long one

Dont worry too much about the duration (how long something lasts) of your relationship but just enjoy it. Just be yourself and have fun in the relationship. Do what you both feel most happy and comfortable doing (be it holding hands, hugging, kissing, going on dates, spending your time with her, or something you both enjoy doing) there isn't a certain thing you must do within a certain time frame as some others may tell you.

Things do change when you both grow up to be a certain age such as sex or just considering how you two will deal with going to a new school/college/uni or getting a job but you guys dont need to worry about that now.

Love in a relationship is an important part We could give you a lot of advice but honestly just do what you feel is right only you and her know what she wants although heres a few points.
      • You're being honest to her- Lying to her will destroy and ruin the relationship no matter how good you think you are at hiding it/how unlikely she will find out. Your partner is able to tell or know you're being weird
      • Respect her- If she says she doesnt want to do something then dont. If she needs space then give her it but let her know you're there. Make sure she knows your boundaries and respec them too. Equality in relationships is good
      • treasure the time you both have. The memories and the good times you have together is what keeps the relationship going.
      • Even the smallest thing is important- you dont need to always give elaborate dates/gifts or be eloquent with words. Just show her your commitment, loyalty, and care for her.