Seeing my best friend in a new way

• Both our parents do know each other since we have been friends for like 3 years now. We don't think her parents will forbid us from seeing each other, but we do expect them to be pretty upset about this. Her parents are pretty protective of her and being in a relationship this young(she does turn 14 in February though) is something they didn't want. I think its 50/50 that it being me will help make it better since they actually know me and I've been a good friend to her but they also know my more immature actions lately that they may not like. It just kind of feels like we have to play this very strategically or we'll lose ?(
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:
      Avg per game: 12.2 pts, 3.8 ast, 1.1 stl
      Team: 9-1; 1st place

Winter season:
      APG: 16.9 pts, 3.4 ast, 1.4 stl
      Team: 20-9; 1st place

If you are thinking of suicide, please reach out for help! Call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 (United States) or click HERE for your local numbers. People care about you!
    • I'm not sure what will help. I'm sure knowing your a good friend to her, and look out for her would definitely help them feel more ok with her dating you (though I can see there point at 13 dating is something young, so may not change there mind on being happy)

Maybe if you set boundaries on what you'll do together to reassure her parents. I'm sure they'd feel more willing if you told them you wanted to be good friends and just hand hold and kiss. And not worry about you having sex (not that I'm saying you wanted to any time soon but it's something her parents may worry about)

Just maybe acting in a grown up way about it might reasure her parents. If they see you care and look out for her. That's probably the thing they worry about, someone hurting her, and it affecting school

Hope something it that lot helps :D

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • I think that is good advice. You always are able to give me good advice. ^^ Setting boundaries ourselves up front I think will help her parents be ok with this. I think our relationship has been moving a little quicker than most because we already knew each other so well. Sex has come up not in like a serious conversation but more like casual and joking way between us. I know its not something we are planning to do like this weekend but I'm pretty sure we will be ready sooner than later and long before her parents think she is old enough. I guess thinking about it now what boundaries are there we can promise if sex isn't it? I guess we could promise we'll practice safe sex when the time comes but I kind of feel like that doesn't make the situation any easier for her parents. I definitely don't ever want to hurt her though and I don't think my bad habits at school will ever wear off on her. If anything she is starting to help me be better at school. Relationship Jude actually seems to be better than independent Jude. Maybe it's ok for relationship Jude to kill independent Jude.(Anyone get that reference? Just me?)
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:
      Avg per game: 12.2 pts, 3.8 ast, 1.1 stl
      Team: 9-1; 1st place

Winter season:
      APG: 16.9 pts, 3.4 ast, 1.4 stl
      Team: 20-9; 1st place

If you are thinking of suicide, please reach out for help! Call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 (United States) or click HERE for your local numbers. People care about you!