Seeing my best friend in a new way

• Judenator wrote:

I would just think some acknowledgement of this by now wouldn't be a lot to want. I've felt sick all day questioning
      Jude : what you want from your friend is a reply and response. You think it's not a lot to want. Maybe you are right. But please don't be cross with her that she hasn't done this yet. If she hasn't replied yet it makes you feel bad but it's also really important for you not to have this as something to have angry feelings with her about. Even if she hasn't done anything wrong (I don't think she has done anything really wrong, but I can imagine you'd like a response). Even if she hasn't done anything wrong, please continue the way you thin and act with her with a forgiving heart. Forgiving her is for your calm mind not for any special favour for her that's why it's good to forgive her for not responding yet, even though there's nothing really to forgive.
    • I'm definitely not angry with her. I could never be angry with her. I just wish she would tell me something, even like let me think about it. Hearing nothing I think is worse than if she just said no. I'm not going to pressure her though for a answer. I just might be institutionalized by the time she gives me an answer
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:
      Avg per game: 12.2 pts, 3.8 ast, 1.1 stl
      Team: 9-1; 1st place

Winter season:
      APG: 16.9 pts, 3.4 ast, 1.4 stl
      Team: 20-9; 1st place

If you are thinking of suicide, please reach out for help! Call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 (United States) or click HERE for your local numbers. People care about you!
    • erm... I think you do go kinda insane when dating :lol:

I'm the same with wanting to confess all my feelings and worrying when someone I like doesn't reply. I'm really not sure I can give much help (as I'd probably be exactly the same as you) just try to chill out as much as you can

You'll get to see her at school I guess? So if she hasn't replied by then, just say the most casual hi you can (inside I know you'd want to :hugs: ) just make it unawkward for her to talk to you

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • I got a very early morning txt with a pretty freaking amazing answer in it! She said let's go for it, it would be better being more than friends! :chairdance: My brother and parents didn't appreciate me screaming for joy that early in the morning but who cares? It was a freaking great moment for me! :zomg: Of course reality has started setting for me though and bizarrely I'm sitting here thinking now what? I don't think I thought anything through beyond asking her. A new sort of nervousness is filling me because I have no clue what to do. I know I made the right decision and I'm super happy she feels the same way but I have to actually figure out how to be in a relationship now and it's kind of terrifying
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season:

If you are thinking of suicide, please reach out for help! Call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 (United States) or click HERE for your local numbers. People care about you!
    • Judenator wrote:

I got a very early morning txt with a pretty freaking amazing answer in it! She said let's go for it, it would be better being more than friends! :chairdance: My brother and parents didn't appreciate me screaming for joy that early in the morning but who cares? It was a freaking great moment for me! :zomg: Of course reality has started setting for me though and bizarrely I'm sitting here thinking now what? I don't think I thought anything through beyond asking her. A new sort of nervousness is filling me because I have no clue what to do. I know I made the right decision and I'm super happy she feels the same way but I have to actually figure out how to be in a relationship now and it's kind of terrifying
      Grab this girl and kiss her because she’s waiting for that
    • How cool Judenator! I am very happy for you ^^

So now I'd say, dont overthink it and just enjoy. You dont have to do that much different than before, spend time together and have fun together. And yeah like iceblue said, at some point there should probably be kissing :D (but no rush)
      Feel free to send me a message!
    • yay :chairdance: glad it's worked out

Honestly not to much different that hangout as friends in the most. So don't over think things. Just carry on hanging out and talking as normal (or maybe more if you'd both want to)

Probably be more hugs, hand holding and kissing (when you both feel ready)

Just keep talking and sharing how you feel in your relationship, and what you feel ready for. Just take your time and don't feel just because you're in a relationship to change or do anything until you both want to

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Wow. Um...let's just slow down before jumping to kissing. I'm just about making it through the school day with our relationship being public knowledge. But I still feel like I'm the luckiest kid in the world right now. Sure I might have had some thoughts about kissing her more recently but I dont even know like how to properly kiss. And just getting to hold her hand every time I've been with her today has already been like...hard to keep my brain in control of my body. A kiss might end for me like that Lonely Island song. 8| I dont want to do anything to mess this up now. She's just so amazing and makes me feel complete :love:
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Judenator: Auto correct not being so correct ().

• joannainthemiddle wrote:

That's wonderful Jude! I knew you hadn't screwed it up. Enjoy the time now and don't worry about what else you might do later.
      By some miracle I didn't screw things up but I keep thinking I'm going to. I know confidence is a big problem with me and so does she. She wants me to audition for the school musical with her to build my confidence because she thinks I sing really good and I'll get a part and it will boost my confidence. This has been an argument we've been having before we were actually in a relationship but now she's asking me to do it for her because we love each other. I dont want to do it. The idea of it scares the hell out of me but she wants me to and she's always been right in the end so maybe I should just concede this battle to her. This wasn't how I planned this reply to turn out. It just sort of turned into a rant or something. Surry aboot that :|
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season:

• The school musical will be a few minutes of being nervous on stage, but lots of time to spend in the weeks before preparing something creative to do, with your girlfriend, and with lots of people. It means a lot of the time you don't have to think too much about what shall we do next, you can just help each other with the lines and be at a more relaxed setting with her. It will be a bit nervous for a few minutes when you are on stage but the rehearsals will be something fun and interesting you can do together. Go for it!
    • I have to be insane for letting her convince me to audition today, for letting both of you convince me. I dont like doing things like this. I know I'm going to suck and just embarrass myself but she'll be upset if I dont go through with the audition so I guess I have to suck it up and be a man about this
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season:

• I think the time you are on stage might be not very enjoyable if you don't like doing things like this. But then you might well like all the clapping and stuff.

but I think the time you have to spend doing something creative together with your girlfriend will be well worth it and that time will be longer and not something you can easily do again. I'm glad you've gone for it Jude!
    • It sucked. I was super nervous and sounded terrible and I dont know why but they put me on the callback list for tonight. My girlfriend was so much better than I was and they didn't put her on the list. A lot of people were better that didn't get put on the list. What is going on with the world anymore?
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season:

• Judenator wrote:

It sucked. I was super nervous and sounded terrible and I dont know why but they put me on the callback list for tonight. My girlfriend was so much better than I was and they didn't put her on the list. A lot of people were better that didn't get put on the list. What is going on with the world anymore?
      A lot of different things lead to casting. And not getting a call back doesn't mean she is out, and getting a call back doesn't mean she is in.

Especially if she is known to the directors and stuff. But with new people, like you, they often need to take an extra long look to see what they are working with.

The decision is out of your hands. Just do what you do and enjoy the ride.
    • I honestly can't believe it. They chose me for one of the lead roles. I really don't think I'm good enough for it plus the enormous amount of pressure that comes with it. I can barely handle reading something in front of the class, this will be like the entire school and whoever else shows up every night. I only auditioned because my girlfriend wanted me to and I figured if I got a part it would just be like a background part with group singing or something but she would get a lead role for sure since that's what she really wanted. Instead it ends up almost reversed with her just getting a minor part and it feels like I stole away what she really wanted
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season:

• I'm just going to use this topic I created earlier rather than make a new one. We haven't told our parents that we are together as boyfriend/girlfriend now instead of just friends. We're not expecting any major problems with my parents but hers might not be so enthusiastic about us. They weren't big fans of her having a boy as a close friend because they didn't want it to turn into a relationship when they think she is still to young. We want to tell our parents about us. Honesty between family is really important to her and she doesn't want to have to lie about or hide our relationship from her parents. Do you have any advice on how to tell her parents? My parents we've figured out pretty much. We'll just tell them at the end of dinner one night when she stays to eat with us.

Sorry I tend to drag out my messages sometimes. I'm sure it gets boring reading them
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:

Winter season: