dating the same sex for the first time.. secretly?

• dating the same sex for the first time.. secretly?

hii everyone!

i have a crush on a girl who likes me back and i see it going somewhere<3

i never had any serious relationship with anyone before, just those at elementary school where we hold each other hands - with boys ugh..

anywaysss since then i realized i am definitely not straight and just thought i liked boys because that was the “normal” - yk growing up with homophobic people everywhere.

THE POINT IS that my family is homophobic and i can’t even imagine coming out to them (especially to my mum) because they wouldn’t accept me.

should i date secretly anyway?:(
      heyyo, i'm a newbie. found this website while studying for my final exam at english lol
    • yeah sometimes ya have to date and meet up secretly because others arent gonna be cool with things ya wanna do. I dated my boyfriend secretly for about 3 months last spring before we both came out. we were lucky, we got support from our parents and most friends, actually they felt it was healthier for us to be open about our sexuality, than to hide it and fell ashamed. But, yeah, we were totally paranoid and secret for awhile at first but in a way, that made it even more exciting when we did hook up, its was weeird.
      :gay:
    • bobaa wrote:

hii everyone!

i have a crush on a girl who likes me back and i see it going somewhere<3

i never had any serious relationship with anyone before, just those at elementary school where we hold each other hands - with boys ugh..

anywaysss since then i realized i am definitely not straight and just thought i liked boys because that was the “normal” - yk growing up with homophobic people everywhere.

THE POINT IS that my family is homophobic and i can’t even imagine coming out to them (especially to my mum) because they wouldn’t accept me.

should i date secretly anyway?:(
      I'm kind of in the same situation as you, I am dating another boy, we haven't told our parents, I have only told my best friend
      I feel good with him so I dont want our relationship to end just because of other people :/
    • oops a bit late but thank you everyone for your kind comments!

we’ve been dating for 2 weeks now and i’m the happiest:3

our friends know it and they support us which feels amazing:)

our families don’t know yet though but i think it’s actually kinda suspicious how much time we spend together if they think about it haha

i hope everything will go well in the future<3
      heyyo, i'm a newbie. found this website while studying for my final exam at english lol