Family Christmas present

• usually buy my mum something for the kitchen (then I can 'borrow' it :D )

Me and my brother usually buy something fun for eachother

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • My twin sister and I usually get something nice for our parents but our other family members live very far away so they at least get cards!

We don't usually get gifts for each other but sometimes we'll decide on and buy something nice together if we need anything.
      19, Twin.
    • My parents give me and my brother $100 each to buy presents for each other, both of them, and our biological dad( :nono: ). I'll spend some of my saved money this year to get something for my girlfriend as well :love:
      My (#12) stats:
      Fall season:
      Avg per game: 12.2 pts, 3.8 ast, 1.1 stl
      Team: 9-1; 1st place

Winter season:
      APG: 16.9 pts, 3.4 ast, 1.4 stl
      Team: 20-9; 1st place

If you are thinking of suicide, please reach out for help! Call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 (United States) or click HERE for your local numbers. People care about you!
    • Most adults can comfortably afford what children cannot. Even with their living expenses, most adults have substantial amounts of money spare that they can spend on non essentials - things that a human being doesn't need to live - like a car, and toys for their children - good for development - but it's not food. Most children cannot even afford food alone, if it weren't for their parents. My point is that your parent can afford to pay for another human being - you. And I bet if you were to tot up every single item in your the home, or even just the items around you, you'd find that a lot of money has been spent on just 'things.' $100 money is a lot to a child who doesn't appreciate money, likely because they rarely if ever handle it much. But realistically, it is not much money at all. It would not even pay for a weeks worth of (healthy) groceries to create a balanced diet for an average family of four. Adults with children generally earn more than them, and the prices for everything are the same to them and their children. In this situation, even though the adult is paying bills and other essentials, they will have money spare that the child would not - and anything the child could afford would not be worth nearly as much to the adult. In this situation the child should not be shelling out to buy their parent a gift, who is substantially better off than them. Especially if they have other expenses to pay for that the parent can't or wont, like future driving lessons, or a first car.
    • Picklejar wrote:

Most adults can comfortably afford what children cannot. Even with their living expenses, most adults have substantial amounts of money spare that they can spend on non essentials - things that a human being doesn't need to live - like a car, and toys for their children - good for development - but it's not food. Most children cannot even afford food alone, if it weren't for their parents. My point is that your parent can afford to pay for another human being - you. And I bet if you were to tot up every single item in your the home, or even just the items around you, you'd find that a lot of money has been spent on just 'things.' $100 money is a lot to a child who doesn't appreciate money, likely because they rarely if ever handle it much. But realistically, it is not much money at all. It would not even pay for a weeks worth of (healthy) groceries to create a balanced diet for an average family of four. Adults with children generally earn more than them, and the prices for everything are the same to them and their children. In this situation, even though the adult is paying bills and other essentials, they will have money spare that the child would not - and anything the child could afford would not be worth nearly as much to the adult. In this situation the child should not be shelling out to buy their parent a gift, who is substantially better off than them. Especially if they have other expenses to pay for that the parent can't or wont, like future driving lessons, or a first car.
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

Picklejar wrote:

Most adults can comfortably afford what children cannot. Even with their living expenses, most adults have substantial amounts of money spare that they can spend on non essentials - things that a human being doesn't need to live - like a car, and toys for their children - good for development - but it's not food. Most children cannot even afford food alone, if it weren't for their parents. My point is that your parent can afford to pay for another human being - you. And I bet if you were to tot up every single item in your the home, or even just the items around you, you'd find that a lot of money has been spent on just 'things.' $100 money is a lot to a child who doesn't appreciate money, likely because they rarely if ever handle it much. But realistically, it is not much money at all. It would not even pay for a weeks worth of (healthy) groceries to create a balanced diet for an average family of four. Adults with children generally earn more than them, and the prices for everything are the same to them and their children. In this situation, even though the adult is paying bills and other essentials, they will have money spare that the child would not - and anything the child could afford would not be worth nearly as much to the adult. In this situation the child should not be shelling out to buy their parent a gift, who is substantially better off than them. Especially if they have other expenses to pay for that the parent can't or wont, like future driving lessons, or a first car.

How is that helpful?