I like a girl but...

• I like a girl but...

Hy, i'm from belgium, 17years old and i really like this girl from class. I'm like the smart, silent guy in the class and she is the smart/silent girl in class. I had like long 30 - 50min conversations with her, face to face. And really started liking her, ofcthe friends we had in common start noticing that, and i gave in. One of those friends is kinda close to her, and she was saying things like "you should make your move" and "she is crushing on you". So i also started texting her, and after some 2 weeks, my best friend(not in my school) was kinda pushing me to telll her, her close friend was also kinda pushnig that i should like go to here more. So a week later i decided to finally make my move, i told her i liked her and stuff, she responded with "I'm not over my previous relationship yet, so i'm not ready for a new one", i was aware of her bad previous relationship. I was okay with that anyway, but my best friend said, i just had to let her go now. But my feelings said the opposite, i didnt send her a message for over 2 weeks, and then finally made my own choice. I've now been sending her messages ever so often, complemeting her and she always answers within an hour. But i don't wanna push her, the thing is that everytime we see each other in class we both kinde shutdown, and are awkward.

Now my questions are:
      What would you do now?
      Do you think she likes me aswell, cause she hasn't really said that herself?

Please give me any other advice if you chave so :D
    • Be honest

If you want to still be friends tell her

Tell her that you don't want to push her. And that when/if she's ready you'd like to take her on a date

If your a nice friend and show her your a nice guy it would help her get over a bad relationship I'm sure (aslong as you're willing to wait till she's ready)

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • The thing that stares me right in the face is when you say you are both the silent type. I think that is why it is awkward when you try to talk face to face. It is hard for the both of you. Maybe you should continue chatting by text more and open up more that way and maybe by the phone calls and then eventually that will help you both be able to talk face to face better. You have to get there though because talking together is a huge part of a relationship. I have only been in one relationship before and in real life I am kind of shy too, but my boyfriend and I now have been together almost 6 months and we can talk about anything together now but that did take time. Just take things slow and do what you are comfortable doing ask her also what she is comfortable talking about.
    • If you like her you should still try to be her friend there's nothing wrong with being friends with someone you like if things aren't too awkward, if there's a moment where she seems willing to take it further ask her about it.

I really don't get the 'friendzone' thing most people I have talked including girls don't play complicated mind games to date someone. Maybe its just a straight thing lol but whenever someone talks about it i get incel vibes...
      Bored 24/7 feel free to pm whenever :D