I'm stuck..

• I'm stuck..

me and my boyfriend been together for some time now, and we're happy, but he has started acting differently.. be is more blunt, he is rude and makes me feel like shit, he makes me feel not good enough, but then when,he quits that he is all lovey dovey, I love him, I really do, but I can't keep being emotionally attacked. I don't know... I'm going through some tough bits at the moment, so he knows but now he is holding grudge and putting me down. Maybe I deserve it, he hasn't hit me but has pushed me around. I don't want someone who puts me down, I don't see the happy relationship we has 3 years ago, he has started being more pushy and demanding things which I'm not comfortable with.
      "do not change because some idiot wants you to, you're perfect the way you are" :love:
    • To me, any rough physical contact is not acceptable and I would encourage you to break it off with him. You may love him but the relationship needs to be respectful on both sides, and it doesn't seem like he respects you.

You deserve better. Is there anyone close to you that you can talk to about this?
    • maseb wrote:

To me, any rough physical contact is not acceptable and I would encourage you to break it off with him. You may love him but the relationship needs to be respectful on both sides, and it doesn't seem like he respects you.

You deserve better. Is there anyone close to you that you can talk to about this?
      it's hard because I stay round his every weekend while my parents walk, so I don't know. I'm stuck
      "do not change because some idiot wants you to, you're perfect the way you are" :love:
    • Roxiee wrote:

maseb wrote:

To me, any rough physical contact is not acceptable and I would encourage you to break it off with him. You may love him but the relationship needs to be respectful on both sides, and it doesn't seem like he respects you.

it's hard because I stay round his every weekend while my parents walk, so I don't know. I'm stuck
      You could try talking to him about it, Try to understand how he feels and give him a chance to speak his thoughts and see if you can work things out. Tbh in relationships things cant be perfect. Its not acceptable or excusable to use physical violence but it happens and your boyfriend seems to not intend to do this seeing how hes nice to you somewhat., We arent really good with emotions as boys and the pushing thing is something i can see happening when we dont want to talk about emotions or a way to express annoyance etc
    • I give him time to talk, and still do but he just seems to keep doing it which isn't nice, as I don't hurt him. I know what you're saying but I think I shouldn't be with someone who hurts me, as previously I got r@ped 4tc, but I'll see what he says. @DragonV2
    • dmaxd123 wrote:

it sucks but isn't going to be the right guy for you now or in the future. he is showing his true self which maybe he is going through problems too but just like you're trying to better yourself he needs to be open with you about bettering himself or go separate ways.
      hello thank you for the reply!
    • Roxiee wrote:

joannainthemiddle wrote:

Sorry to hear this. I hope it works out for you and you can be happy again like you were.
      It'd not your fault, but thank you!
      no I didn't mean sorry like it's maybe my fault I meant I feel like it's a sad time and that makes me want to help you but I don't know how.
    • joannainthemiddle wrote:

Roxiee wrote:

joannainthemiddle wrote:

Sorry to hear this. I hope it works out for you and you can be happy again like you were.
      It'd not your fault, but thank you!
      no I didn't mean sorry like it's maybe my fault I meant I feel like it's a sad time and that makes me want to help you but I don't know how.
      oh, my misunderstanding, sorry! That's fine, thank you for replying and showing you care, that means a lot to me!!
    • joannainthemiddle wrote:

I hope you can talk to him and get him to think back to when things were happier and see how you two can be happy like that again.
      thank you!! I want to go back to those times, I was so happy yes I'm going through some crao but honestly, he is amazing. It's him hitting me and then saying oh you've caused it that is scaring me.
    • I would talk to him about it. If he cares about you and the relationship then he won't be against the idea of even having a conversation

I would also consider talking to your parents about it, if you are feeling threatened at all. No one deserves any type of physical or emotional abuse

Nothing says that you must stay in a relationship, if you don't feel right about the way you're being treated. And yes, it kinda IS as simple as that most of the time (with school, witnesses, being public at least some of the time, etc). You have the ability to get help if you need it. So, not exactly "stuck" :/
    • Once you feel that your bf’s presence has a negative influence on your well-being, you’re likely in a toxic relationship. Talk to him about it, tell how you feel and try to work on it from both ends. If it doesn’t improve, choose for yourselves. As hard as it may sound. Because you should never fail your own self in a relation. If you are not happy, how can you make another feel good.
    • Cross178 wrote:

Once you feel that your bf’s presence has a negative influence on your well-being, you’re likely in a toxic relationship. Talk to him about it, tell how you feel and try to work on it from both ends. If it doesn’t improve, choose for yourselves. As hard as it may sound. Because you should never fail your own self in a relation. If you are not happy, how can you make another feel good.
      this is good advice, thank you!