Exams at the Doctors

• Has anyone ever had to give a urine sample? I have and that part is always in a private bathroom.

There's a sign on the wall telling people how to do it. Apparently girls are supposed to open their area with one hand, start peeing, then put the cup down there after the pee starts.

If guys have a foreskin, they're supposed to pull the skin back.

I just pee in the cup and have never had any issues.
    • dkne wrote:

Has anyone ever had to give a urine sample? I have and that part is always in a private bathroom.

There's a sign on the wall telling people how to do it. Apparently girls are supposed to open their area with one hand, start peeing, then put the cup down there after the pee starts.

Yep I have had to pee in a cup no big deal thou just go into the restroom and pee in a cup
    • dkne wrote:

Has anyone ever had to give a urine sample? I have and that part is always in a private bathroom.

yes I had to give one when I was younger I don't remember why. I had to put the bottle into the stream of pee a couple of seconds after I started.
    • dkne wrote:

yes last week the normal health check with urine and blood collection. but with the family doctor.

• Birds18 wrote:

I was always worried that the doctor would know that I was masturbating so I wouldn’t masturbate for about three days before my physical.
      I would hope, at least these days, that your doctor would be the least likely person to be worried about you masturbating or make any kind of fuss about it. If anything, there will be an age after I think he would probably be more concerned if you didn't masturbate as this could indicate an issue with development.
    • dkne wrote:

The sign in my doctor's office say to not let your penis touch the inside of the cup. Not sure why
    • maseb wrote:

dkne wrote:

The sign in my doctor's office say to not let your penis touch the inside of the cup. Not sure why

Maybe it's because germs or whatever from your penis could get in the cup? Maybe this is why uncut dudes are supposed to pull back...hmm.

You've got the skin? If you do, do you pull back always? Only to give the sample? Randomly? Never?
    • maseb wrote:

dkne wrote:

One of them is dirty :lol:
    • dkne wrote:

Maybe it's because germs or whatever from your penis could get in the cup? Maybe this is why uncut dudes are supposed to pull back...hmm.
      How significant that is would depend on what they want the sample for.

Testing for things like protein, which would indicate a kidney malfunction, glucose, which would indicate diabetes etc. or for drug use, bacteria from the skin may not make any difference to the result.

On the other hand, if the test for a possible urinary tract infection then it is important that any bacteria that show up in the sample come from within the urinary tract and not from the skin otherwise you would be treated for a UTI you don't have. That's a waste of money and risks contributing to antibiotic resistance unnecessarily.