WAR IN EUROPE

• BJade wrote:

ChrisC05 wrote:

BJade wrote:

ChrisC05 wrote:

U.S. used to be.a force and when our president spoke other nations would listen now we have presidents who would rather sit back and play it easy. We need a president who is not afraid to.push the limits not fall a sleep at the helm
      I think your statement actually applies more to Russia than US. When they say something every country listens, including US. When US said something, Russia and allied countries didn't.WW2Russia single handedly pushed back against Nazis (creating the Soviet Union and iron curtain)
      US join Europe in support. And only win in Asia after Japan surrender due to nuclear weapons

Cold War
      Russia and Allies didn't exactly listen to US. And in space apart from a human on the Moon. Russia did everything first

War on terrorism
      US got terrorists activists. Russia supplied weapons and support to countries (AK47 is the gun used in terrorism and rebellions)

Currently Europe can't sanction Russian gas because they depend on it. Russia couldn't really give a =O (short term) because they became self sufficient

So who is actually the world power, US or Russia?
      that is true Russia is a super power and the US is no longer. As I said US "USE" to be a power and no country wanted to be a war with us but ever since 9-11 we have fallen that war could have ended so much quicker but we piddle footed around like we didn't even know what to do, and seems to be getting weaker with each pansy president we elect. All I was saying is the US will most likely sit this war out and let the big boys fight.
      when was this time no one wanted a war with the US? I've just give nearly the last 100 years (which if you include WW1 and supply boat sinkings it would be over 100 years)
      U.S. used to be.a force and when our president spoke other nations would listen now we have presidents who would rather sit back and play it easy. We need a president who is not afraid to.push the limits not fall a sleep at the helm

BJade wrote:

ChrisC05 wrote:

BJade wrote:

I think your statement actually applies more to Russia than US. When they say something every country listens, including US. When US said something, Russia and allied countries didn't.WW2Russia single handedly pushed back against Nazis (creating the Soviet Union and iron curtain)
      US join Europe in support. And only win in Asia after Japan surrender due to nuclear weapons

Cold War
      Russia and Allies didn't exactly listen to US. And in space apart from a human on the Moon. Russia did everything first

War on terrorism
      US got terrorists activists. Russia supplied weapons and support to countries (AK47 is the gun used in terrorism and rebellions)

Currently Europe can't sanction Russian gas because they depend on it. Russia couldn't really give a =O (short term) because they became self sufficient

So who is actually the world power, US or Russia?
      that is true Russia is a super power and the US is no longer. As I said US "USE" to be a power and no country wanted to be a war with us but ever since 9-11 we have fallen that war could have ended so much quicker but we piddle footed around like we didn't even know what to do, and seems to be getting weaker with each pansy president we elect. All I was saying is the US will most likely sit this war out and let the big boys fight.
      when was this time no one wanted a war with the US? I've just give nearly the last 100 years (which if you include WW1 and supply boat sinkings it would be over 100 yyyear
      That is because we have pansy for presidents all talk no action need to have ones like Eisenhower and Truman after them the only other one might have been Kennedy during Cuban missile crisis were there was a standoff between US and Russia
    • ^Yeah, and the CMC was the closest this country has ever come to nuclear war. Your only options are sending American troops to Ukraine and directly fighting Russia or the sanction route. What makes you think sending American troops could prevent all-out war with Russia? It isn't a "pansy" move to decide that the risk of world/nuclear war isn't worth it.

Snowfox wrote:

HeyCameron wrote:

^Europe will have to cut their dependance on Russian fuel. Yes, there will be an economic hit at first, but it will be worth it in the long-run. That is something that would truly isolate Russia.
      To do that we would have to rely on browncoal and peat which we have plenty. Not permanently but long enough to build something more sustainable in quantities that do matter.Its all about political will o lack of it.
      I wanted to ask you this yesterday:

Do you think Russia is a threat to Finland? What do you make of Finland joining NATO?
    • HeyCameron wrote:

^Yeah, and the CMC was the closest this country has ever come to nuclear war. Your only options are sending American troops to Ukraine and directly fighting Russia or the sanction route. What makes you think sending American troops could prevent all-out war with Russia? It isn't a "pansy" move to decide that the risk of world/nuclear war isn't worth it.

Snowfox wrote:

HeyCameron wrote:

^Europe will have to cut their dependance on Russian fuel. Yes, there will be an economic hit at first, but it will be worth it in the long-run. That is something that would truly isolate Russia.
      To do that we would have to rely on browncoal and peat which we have plenty. Not permanently but long enough to build something more sustainable in quantities that do matter.Its all about political will o lack of it.
      I wanted to ask you this yesterday:
      Do you think Russia is a threat to Finland? What do you make of Finland joining NATO?
      I have always supported idea of joining NATO because of 2 reasons.
      First reason is NATO is part of western value system and I represent stance where I support western values. Despite my fairly conservative beliefs I stand with democracy and free elections and human rights.
      Second reason is yes Russia is threath to every Nation that is close to it. It has always been threath and allways will be no matter how many years pass by. Russian mindset has not changed in 1000 years and will never change. Free world needs to stand united against tyrannies like Russia and China and North Korea. Stand United and never let guard down.
      All of those tyrannies might temporarily change to democracies but that is only facade. They are culturally bound towards tyranny. Its in their bloods.
    • The only thing that will work is sanctions on oil and gas. We were a self-sustaining oil producer under Trump, and if Biden went back to that we wouldn't have an issue, and Russia would have lots of them.

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • BJade wrote:

the reason Europe can't sanction Russia on gas and oil
      +

Yes, the EU can ... if they are willing to drastically change their lifestyle...
      All the knowledge and the necessary technical tools are there.

That would be the most effective thing Europe can do.
      And a very clear sign of binding solidarity with a suffering country.

And for the win, it would put a big smile on Greta T's face.

Because who wants her see howling and growling

• lliam wrote:

BJade wrote:

+
      Yes, the EU can ... if they are willing to drastically change their lifestyle...
      All the knowledge and the necessary technical tools are there.

long term you're right. But how long will It take to get a none oil and gas dependency. There have been many years and decades they COULD have changed. But it's to late, and would take a decade or 2 to get wind, nuclear or other infrastructure in place to compensate

I'm sure everyone in Europe would be happy tomorrow with no heating, transport or electricity

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • BJade wrote:

lliam wrote:

BJade wrote:

+
      Yes, the EU can ... if they are willing to drastically change their lifestyle...All the knowledge and the necessary technical tools are there.

long term you're right. But how long will It take to get a none oil and gas dependency. There have been many years and decades they COULD have changed. But it's to late, and would take a decade or 2 to get wind, nuclear or other infrastructure in place to compensate
      I'm sure everyone in Europe would be happy tomorrow with no heating, transport or electricity
      In the mean time, America could ramp up oil production and sell it to Europe. I realize it's not as easy as it sounds, but it could be feasible if given enough time.

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • SouthernDude wrote:

BJade wrote:

lliam wrote:

BJade wrote:

+
      Yes, the EU can ... if they are willing to drastically change their lifestyle...All the knowledge and the necessary technical tools are there.
      long term you're right. But how long will It take to get a none oil and gas dependency. There have been many years and decades they COULD have changed. But it's to late, and would take a decade or 2 to get wind, nuclear or other infrastructure in place to compensateI'm sure everyone in Europe would be happy tomorrow with no heating, transport or electricity
      In the mean time, America could ramp up oil production and sell it to Europe. I realize it's not as easy as it sounds, but it could be feasible if given enough time.
      yeah America and middle east countries could produce the requirement. But I think you then come to the more difficult problem of transporting it.

From Russia to Europe are multiple pipe lines (a lot though Ukraine)

How many ships would be required to transport the required amount to European ports to distribute it (especially in a time we already have trouble with cargo ship supply)

I wish I wasn't so negative about this stuff. It's just the reality :( and I don't know how possible things are in reality

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • BJade wrote:

As our fearless mod posted, it isn't easy to accomplish, short terms but duable.

Also, as I posted above ... it's just based on drastically shortening the current lifestyle and willing to do so. But of course I share your doubts.

btw: I just wish this would be discussed publicly, especially the consequences.

And if I were Olaf, and if the Germans would decide against it, I would call them spineless, brain amputeed anti-social swines or such.
    • collin13 wrote:

There is nothing good about any of it, but what I find surprising is that no one has really mentioned the vast natural resources and industry that exists in the Ukraine. The world wants the Ukraine independent. Russia wants its industry and resources (Uranium too).
      Yes. Part of Russia's motivation for invading Ukraine is to seize its oil and gas reserves. Ukraine has enough oil and gas to become the #2 supplier in Europe (after Russia). They don't, however, have the money and resources to extract it and transport it without the help of either the West or Russia. Russia wants to be the one to extract it and remain the top supplier to Europe. (This was also a factor in Russia's annexation of Crimea, which has many offshore oil reserves).
    • I don't know about you all, but I am scared as hell. Putin is a warped person with an incredibly powerful military. I heard on the news today he is in contact with the Chinese He feels it'e a good time for them to take Taiwan like they have wanted to do for a very long time

If this happens it is WW 3 and I promise you that won't end well.

I turned 18 in November and will be one of the first called up Yes my friends I am truly scared of what the maniac will do next

Pray for all of us and the people of Ukraine