WAR IN EUROPE

• collin13 wrote:

lliam wrote:

collin13 wrote:

but what I find surprising is that no one has really mentioned the vast natural resources and industry that exists in the Ukraine.
      That's because it's such obvious that one feels like one don't even need to mention it.
      Perhaps. But it is a major component as to why. You don't just trounce into another country and kill people just because right?
      I think to control natural resources is one reason out of several overarching strategic reasons why Russia, and Putin specifically, would want to control the Ukraine. The other main motivations being Putins long held ideological belief that Ukraine is still as fundamentally a part of the Russian Mainland as it was when it was a part of the USSR, and his need to re establish the “glory days” of Soviet hegemonic dominance throughout Eastern Europe, as well as the related point of gaining strong militaristic and political ground by seizing territory that was previously more closely aligned with the “West”. In any case, it is clear in my opinion, that if Putin is to succeed in this invasion of Ukraine, and subsequent expansion of Russian borders; that the tectonic plates of European geopolitics would shift very significantly, and the West’s dominance would be weakened- with its weaknesses exposed for all to see.

This is the largest conflict in Europe since WW2, and as with any conflict, it is the people who suffer and die from the ill informed political ambitions of unaccountable dictators such as Putin, so for the innocent people of Ukraine, we should all hope this situation can be resolved soon without further unnecessary bloodshed
      :gay:
    • SouthernDude wrote:

The only thing that will work is sanctions on oil and gas. We were a self-sustaining oil producer under Trump, and if Biden went back to that we wouldn't have an issue, and Russia would have lots of them.
      I think cutting Russia off from SWIFT will have a devastating impact on their financial system for sure. Europe as a whole is far too dependent on Russian oil and gas to effectively cut off any imports. Russia knows this, and thus has tremendous leverage over Europe- Russia knows Europe has no alternative source of gas for example, to heat their buildings.

Without access to SWIFT on the other hand, their banking system immediately grinds to a halt- and one must wonder how a modern day economy can suddenly operate without a key part of its banking infrastructure.

Every day people may very well resort to using physical cash for day to day transactions, but I doubt a government can finance a war without a functioning banking system
      :gay:
    • MarsKid wrote:

SouthernDude wrote:

The only thing that will work is sanctions on oil and gas. We were a self-sustaining oil producer under Trump, and if Biden went back to that we wouldn't have an issue, and Russia would have lots of them.
      I think cutting Russia off from SWIFT will have a devastating impact on their financial system for sure. Europe as a whole is far too dependent on Russian oil and gas to effectively cut off any imports. Russia knows this, and thus has tremendous leverage over Europe- Russia knows Europe has no alternative source of gas for example, to heat their buildings.
      Without access to SWIFT on the other hand, their banking system immediately grinds to a halt- and one must wonder how a modern day economy can suddenly operate without a key part of its banking infrastructure.

Every day people may very well resort to using physical cash for day to day transactions, but I doubt a government can finance a war without a functioning banking system
      Anything like that will have no effect what so ever on ruling class. It has little effect of russians as general since they worship Putin and his lackeys. Russians as general as to blame becauce they actively support all of this.
      There will be 2 possible outcomes
      1 which is more likely is that spineless worms called western poltical elite will bow to Putin
      2 He will be stopped by what ever means necessary including letting ever russian to die without medical help. killing every russian who lives in west in their homes chopping their head of and peeing on their grave. Letting every russian know that not single one of them is wellcome anywhere ever period.

SInce west has allready decied to take option number one this whole conversation is meaningless
    • nibri wrote:

Until those sanctions really take effect to such an extent that it hurts Putin, he may have swallowed Ukraine long ago. Putin doesn't care what the west is doing. Crimea and Georgia are good examples. He does what he wants. When he start suffer, most Russian citizens may have buried their elderly and children twice.
      That is true so only way to counter russians is to kill every damn fucking one of thm before or give up.
      West has given up on democracy and all values long long ago.
    • That’s a load of crap. Russians are not some uniquely evil people. It is true that they really haven’t known any kind of rule other than autocracy in their thousand year history, but it’s not as if all Russians support this war. Many of them are protesting it and are risking a lot more than people in the West are by doing so. That was literally Bin Laden’s justification for killing American civilians: they’re all complicit in the killing of Muslims, since they choose and support the government, therefore they all deserve to die.
    • Of course, not all Russians are evil. Or even close to it. And, evil, pretty naive category, basically every human is - also evil and all the hundred thousand shades inbetween G to B.

A few days ago I saw videos of young Russian vloggers asking other Russians, peers or older, on the street what they thought about the war in Ukraine. Most, regardless of ones age, were against it. Others didn't want to say anything because it was dangerous to talk about it in public, a woman said.

A female employee of a radio station that is still free or illegal spoke to older people in particular and showed them current pictures from the Ukraine. Some of the older people didn't even want to look at the pics. Others said it was all fake since Putin said so.

Most of them may not have been supporters of Putin, but they were careful about what they said. That's probably what 1000 years of totalitarian ruling do to people. They learn to be very careful about what one's sayong in public, and when they do, they'll code it.

I had the vision that one day a mob with sickles, torches, flails, pitchforks storm the Kremlin and they find Putin in a large hall at his infamous long table.

They cheer happily: "Hey, Vladdi Vladdo Vladdowitch - wanna come out and hang?!"
    • Snowfox wrote:

nibri wrote:

Until those sanctions really take effect to such an extent that it hurts Putin, he may have swallowed Ukraine long ago. Putin doesn't care what the west is doing. Crimea and Georgia are good examples. He does what he wants. When he start suffer, most Russian citizens may have buried their elderly and children twice.
      That is true so only way to counter russians is to kill every damn fucking one of thm before or give up.West has given up on democracy and all values long long ago.
      The west has given up on democracy and all values???

that’s absolute rubbish
      The way so many nations are standing up to this proves that wrong
    • eivor wrote:

Snowfox wrote:

nibri wrote:

That is true so only way to counter russians is to kill every damn fucking one of thm before or give up.West has given up on democracy and all values long long ago.
      The west has given up on democracy and all values???
      that’s absolute rubbish
      Standing idle and thumb in their butt
    • Snowfox wrote:

eivor wrote:

Snowfox wrote:

nibri wrote:

The west has given up on democracy and all values???that’s absolute rubbish
      And trying to prevent World War 3, because who knows what crazy Putin would do if they sent troops or planes into Ukraine. He's already said it would be a provocation and has his nuclear forces on high alert
    • maseb wrote:

Snowfox wrote:

eivor wrote:

Snowfox wrote:

nibri wrote:

The west has given up on democracy and all values???that’s absolute rubbishThe way so many nations are standing up to this proves that wrong
      And trying to prevent World War 3, because who knows what crazy Putin would do if they sent troops or planes into Ukraine. He's already said it would be a provocation and has his nuclear forces on high alert
      yes, the threat that if one NATO (or what ever army) is seen even near Ukraine WILL be seen as a act of war. Every country needs to be careful of what they do. And could be used as Russian propaganda (like saying its Ukrainians using explosives on themselves, and not Russians)

And I wouldn't call the hundreds of anti aircraft and tank missiles nothing. Its probably made a big difference of the defence they could do

There are also a number of large US bombers now stationed in UK air bases, ready incase of an escalation. So theres a good deal of equipment and forces prepared if/when they're required

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Its not much but my bro knows a man who drives lorry and who voluntarily now drives all sorts of goods to poland-ukraine border as gift to help ukraine.
      I and bro helped what we could and we send 500 shotgun rounds and 500 reloaded 7,62x39 rounds (AK rounds) we would have send more but we run out of empty cases.
      Others gave what they had as long as they had relevant ammo to give
    • I don't know anything about this war but it's so sad seeing people being hurt and killed and I hope it's over soon. There was a war in part of my country years ago and it never has recovered years later. It was only a tiny fraction of what Ukraine war is. I hope Ukraine is not too destroyed and can be healed quickly.

I do feel it's unlikely nuclear weapons will ever be used again because it will be end of the world basically. If they are used I hope it's just on military and not civilians.
    • feight wrote:

I don't know anything about this war but it's so sad seeing people being hurt and killed and I hope it's over soon. There was a war in part of my country years ago and it never has recovered years later. It was only a tiny fraction of what Ukraine war is. I hope Ukraine is not too destroyed and can be healed quickly.

I do feel it's unlikely nuclear weapons will ever be used again because it will be end of the world basically. If they are used I hope it's just on military and not civilians.
      Goal of that war is to exterminate all ukrainians and it will end in few weeks or months while you dance happily and watch and eat popcorn.

Most EU countries have decided to help russia to achieve its goal.
    • Snowfox wrote:

feight wrote:

I don't know anything about this war but it's so sad seeing people being hurt and killed and I hope it's over soon. There was a war in part of my country years ago and it never has recovered years later. It was only a tiny fraction of what Ukraine war is. I hope Ukraine is not too destroyed and can be healed quickly.

Goal of that war is to exterminate all ukrainians and it will end in few weeks or months while you dance happily and watch and eat popcorn.

Snowfox wrote:

feight wrote:

You’ve got weird opinions on what’s going on that don’t match reality
    • lliam wrote:

Your lucky. I haven't any predictions in this war even got sorted.
      In my school we had to watch short video of a boy who got killed in artillery barrage. It showed how he bled to death. Over and over again while teachers laughed happily.
      Soon all Ukrainians are killed by war or in camps.
      Its said that Ukrainian humanmeat is sold to all leftists in world and they are happily bying it.

So this was my school where majority of teachers support russia