Nude beaches, camps

• Alanjr wrote:

Nude beaches are awesome! We go to nude rec areas here in AZ and love it. My parents have taken me since I was really little. It's not sexual at all. Yeah I've gotten boners but not because I was aroused, but just because. I went swimming and it went away.

Nobody bothers anybody. You see all ages and skinny and fat people too.

My parents raised me where clothing isn't important at home either
      Cold water does make boners go away.
    • corey_stratton wrote:

i never was and i dont think there are any near me, and i dont think id be real comfortable at one, i dont mind showing off my body but being totally nude around a bunch of strangers is kindy creepy, just saying
      Going to a nude beach has nothing to do with "showing off the body". No one cares what you look like. It's not about that. It would be creepy if it was like that. And the fact that many people assume that, is giving nudists a bad name.
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Natacha wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

i never was and i dont think there are any near me, and i dont think id be real comfortable at one, i dont mind showing off my body but being totally nude around a bunch of strangers is kindy creepy, just saying
      Going to a nude beach has nothing to do with "showing off the body". No one cares what you look like. It's not about that. It would be creepy if it was like that. And the fact that many people assume that, is giving nudists a bad name.
      You would have to remember that most people don’t know about a nude beach. I think people that go to a nude beach probably were raised that way so it’s no big deal
    • Birds18 wrote:

Natacha wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

You would have to remember that most people don’t know about a nude beach. I think people that go to a nude beach probably were raised that way so it’s no big deal
      I do remember, but that doesn't change, that many people think it's about showing off and other wrong ideas. They will not learn the truth, if we just say: "Okay. Right."
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Birds18 wrote:

Natacha wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

Exactly this. People are raised in different cultures, with different attitudes. And even within the culture, they are raised in different families with different attitudes. For some people, a nude beach or nude resort is completely incomprehensible. To others, it is simply a fact. @Natacha is correct, that it is not about showing off the body, but it is still uncomfortable or unknown to a lot of people. I would not say a majority of people, definitely most people where I live accept nude beaches/resorts/communities/events as a fact of life, but even then not all choose to participate in them.
    • Butlersbus wrote:

Just undressing alone in my room is enough to give me an unintentional erection. Would probably be much worse out in the open with girls around. 10/10 would not recommend for me.
      Do you ever shower at school? For us we shower after PE class and at the beginning it was awkward but after a few times you get used to it and it’s not as big a deal anymore
    • i guess everybody has reasons, but you cant tell me that there are creeps who would go to these just to check out the kids, i wonder if they have backgound checks like they do at schools and stuff where even janitors and other school staff have to pass checks and thats not even being nude, its crazy, and i still think that some do it just to show off their bodies, especially boys who have nice muscles, whatevr.
      :gay:
    • corey_stratton wrote:

i guess everybody has reasons, but you cant tell me that there are creeps who would go to these just to check out the kids, i wonder if they have backgound checks like they do at schools and stuff where even janitors and other school staff have to pass checks and thats not even being nude, its crazy, and i still think that some do it just to show off their bodies, especially boys who have nice muscles, whatevr.
      well said :)
    • corey_stratton wrote:

i guess everybody has reasons, but you cant tell me that there are creeps who would go to these just to check out the kids, i wonder if they have backgound checks like they do at schools and stuff where even janitors and other school staff have to pass checks and thats not even being nude, its crazy, and i still think that some do it just to show off their bodies, especially boys who have nice muscles, whatevr.
      The resort we went to doesn't allow singles, couples and families only. A quick search shows some resorts require membership or have a member vouch for you. All had no photo policies and some warned they'd bring in police if violators are caught

I'm sure creeps can slip through
    • maseb wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

The resort we went to doesn't allow singles, couples and families only. A quick search shows some resorts require membership or have a member vouch for you. All had no photo policies and some warned they'd bring in police if violators are caught
      I'm sure creeps can slip through
      Interesting that nude events have memberships and pass checks. I suppose in some societies, there must be controls. In my country, the separation between normal beach and nude beach (if there is any separation at all) is a simple sign that says "Clothing optional beyond this point". Anyone can come or go, and it is not like anyone is hidden. And nude events such as the annual nude bicycle ride, attract few spectators other than tourists, but attract lots of participants. Being nude in public is not a crime, so it is not like creeps need to search out places to find nude people.

Cultural differences, and what we grow up with and are therefore accustomed to, what we see as "normal" makes a big difference in our comfort levels, and also in the perceived frequency of "creeps" being part of the group.

That said, everyone should understand their own boundaries and comfort levels, and act within those boundaries. No boundary is right or wrong, just different.
    • mentallychaotic wrote:

maseb wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

The resort we went to doesn't allow singles, couples and families only. A quick search shows some resorts require membership or have a member vouch for you. All had no photo policies and some warned they'd bring in police if violators are caughtI'm sure creeps can slip through
      Interesting that nude events have memberships and pass checks. I suppose in some societies, there must be controls. In my country, the separation between normal beach and nude beach (if there is any separation at all) is a simple sign that says "Clothing optional beyond this point". Anyone can come or go, and it is not like anyone is hidden. And nude events such as the annual nude bicycle ride, attract few spectators other than tourists, but attract lots of participants. Being nude in public is not a crime, so it is not like creeps need to search out places to find nude people.
      Cultural differences, and what we grow up with and are therefore accustomed to, what we see as "normal" makes a big difference in our comfort levels, and also in the perceived frequency of "creeps" being part of the group.

That said, everyone should understand their own boundaries and comfort levels, and act within those boundaries. No boundary is right or wrong, just different.
      We aren't as liberated about nudity here in USA as other countries are. Which is a shame really as there isn't anything sexual about being nude unless you make it so. Beaches I imagine are similar to what you have, I've never visited one, but family resorts try to protect minors as much as possible
    • maseb wrote:

We aren't as liberated about nudity here in USA as other countries are. Which is a shame really as there isn't anything sexual about being nude unless you make it so. Beaches I imagine are similar to what you have, I've never visited one, but family resorts try to protect minors as much as possible
      I understand this. I suppose the most important point, at least to me, is not about the culture... but about personal boundaries, about only doing what one is comfortable with. There is a wide spread in this forum of personal comfort levels, and people who are not comfortable with some things should not feel that they have done something wrong. While we all may have been taught differently, there is no wrong or right in this sense.