Confused gender

• Confused gender

Hi I'm new I'm not sure if I'm on the right forumI'm 12 basically I'm a boy but my tastes leisures activities... are more those of a girl than boy
      Sometimes I tell myself if I was born a girl it would make more sense it would explain all and it would be a whole lot easier
      Are there other people here who sometimes feel maybe they weren't born in the right body ??
    • So uhh you got banned so you probably wont see this but yeah.

You should look up transgender if you really feel you arent comfortable with being a male and would rather be a female.

Do wanna say that doing girly or liking girly stuff isnt bad and it doesnt make you a female. My friends and i watched my little ponies, i like to bake/cook food and i even sewed at one point but im very terrible at it lol.

You're pretty young, think about it and dont feel pressured to make a choice yet, just enjoy yourself and dont listen to ppl judging you for enjoying more "feminine" things or just preferring to be feminine.
    • DragonV2 wrote:

So uhh you got banned so you probably wont see this but yeah.

You should look up transgender if you really feel you arent comfortable with being a male and would rather be a female.

Do wanna say that doing girly or liking girly stuff isnt bad and it doesnt make you a female. My friends and i watched my little ponies, i like to bake/cook food and i even sewed at one point but im very terrible at it lol.

You're pretty young, think about it and dont feel pressured to make a choice yet, just enjoy yourself and dont listen to ppl judging you for enjoying more "feminine" things or just preferring to be feminine.
      Hey thanks for your answer I had issue with the site
      I do know that just because a boy likes dance that doesn't mean it's a girl... but it is a set of stuff. I dont know how to explain it it is something I feel inside
      I like some girls clothes once I let my hair a little long and depending on how I did the hair I could have a boy look or a girl look and I like the girl look much better
      I looked up transgender severall things in the definitions match with what I feel indeed but definitely not all
      Dont be afraid to come talk to me, I dont bite... :D
    • Vic2022 wrote:

DragonV2 wrote:

Hey thanks for your answer I had issue with the siteI do know that just because a boy likes dance that doesn't mean it's a girl... but it is a set of stuff. I dont know how to explain it it is something I feel inside
      I like some girls clothes once I let my hair a little long and depending on how I did the hair I could have a boy look or a girl look and I like the girl look much better
      I looked up transgender severall things in the definitions match with what I feel indeed but definitely not all
      Thats completely okay! You dont need to declare you're trans if you're not sure or really have to make the decision yet. Just wait till you're more confident and ask yourself is this what you want.. If i may ask what do you fit with and dont fit with? The definitions of trans doesnt have to be like you must fit all.

Do you rather wish you had a more feminine body? do you dislike the sight of your penis? do you prefer acting more feminine? Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about it. An irl friend of mine is trans and its pretty neat.

Also if you looked up Hormone therapy or Surgery then please keep in mind mate you dont need to worry about it too much. Also do you have any preferences in a name to call you or pronouns you want?
    • DragonV2 wrote:

Vic2022 wrote:

DragonV2 wrote:

Hey thanks for your answer I had issue with the siteI do know that just because a boy likes dance that doesn't mean it's a girl... but it is a set of stuff. I dont know how to explain it it is something I feel insideI like some girls clothes once I let my hair a little long and depending on how I did the hair I could have a boy look or a girl look and I like the girl look much better
      Thats completely okay! You dont need to declare you're trans if you're not sure or really have to make the decision yet. Just wait till you're more confident and ask yourself is this what you want.. If i may ask what do you fit with and dont fit with? The definitions of trans doesnt have to be like you must fit all.
      Do you rather wish you had a more feminine body? do you dislike the sight of your penis? do you prefer acting more feminine? Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about it. An irl friend of mine is trans and its pretty neat.

Also if you looked up Hormone therapy or Surgery then please keep in mind mate you dont need to worry about it too much. Also do you have any preferences in a name to call you or pronouns you want?
      In short if a magic trick could remove my penis I would definitely do it
      But I just cant see me getting operated and have it cut off

I have tried out some girls clothes from my cousin joggers tees undershirts, I feel more like myself in them than with boys clothes
      Also as I said above I feel more like myself with a girl look and haircut than boys

Also if I was allowed to choose I would get changed in the girls locker because that's where I feel I belong (i clarify that its not to stare other girls getting changed... Yes someone suggested it was the purpuse...)

I haven't thought about pronouns yet I'm not sure how I would react if my parents would call me their daughter instead of their son, or if my little bro would call me sister. I think I would like it
    • Ok, not speaking from experience here as I am cis gender male, but I wonder if feeling transgender is a black and white thing or a question of degree.

On enjoying activities that are more often associated with being female, these are only female activities in aggregate, i.e. a generalisation where more girls and women like to do them than men. But there are male nurses and female engineers and really it is for society in general to accept greater diversity than for people to worry about whether what they like fits some stereotype.

There has been research that has identified differences between male and female brains even at birth, so that baby girls are more interested in faces and baby boys more interested in things but, of course, there are many more similarities than differences. One could also argue that sexual orientation is also, at least in part, due to the brain having some characteristics of the opposite sex, i.e. a boy's brain not being so strongly masculinised or a girls brain being slighly mascunlinsed and indeed gay guys vary in that there is a stereotype of them liking activities that are more commonly enjoyed by girls; some fit that stereotype and sone don't. Then sexual orientation is a spectrum, perhaps feeling transgender is similar? Perhaps that what people who identify as non-binary are about, i.e. the equivalent for transgenderism of being bisexual as a sexual orientation.

That's rather a long winded way of saying don't worry if you don't feel like the description of being transgender matches only partially. Take some time to think what you really want.
    • Victorian2010 wrote:

Hi I'm new I'm not sure if I'm on the right forumI'm 12 basically I'm a boy but my tastes leisures activities... are more those of a girl than boy
      Sometimes I tell myself if I was born a girl it would make more sense it would explain all and it would be a whole lot easier
      Are there other people here who sometimes feel maybe they weren't born in the right body ??
      Hey! I hope you're well!

Gender can be a very confusing thing for some and that's perfectly fine but - I know - also quite challenging.

I am a cis guy but I know a couple of trans people. One's a closer friend and another is a mutual friend.

Firstly, what you like etc. doesn't define you, your gender etc. It's perfectly fine to be a guy who likes pink unicorns or a girl who likes great big motorbikes. Or whatever apparently unusual combination you can think of.

I'd say - from what I hear from my friends - it would make sense to speak to someone professional about this whole thing if it is something that is really bugging you. By which I mean, maybe a doctor or a school counsellor.

Both my friends did that and it really helped. One is now confidently identifying as a guy and the other is still working it out a little but at least feels a bit more confident. They currently use non-binary pronouns etc. as they find that helps.

In that respect, it's important not to rush into putting yourself into any box. You may never fit into any set box and that's equally fine. There's no need to firmly decide you're a boy or a girl or whatever you choose.

I hope all goes well on what may be a relatively tough journey. But remember you're more than whatever your gender may be. People who can't see that are not worthy of you!
    • Vic2022 wrote:

DragonV2 wrote:

Vic2022 wrote:

DragonV2 wrote:

Hey thanks for your answer I had issue with the siteI do know that just because a boy likes dance that doesn't mean it's a girl... but it is a set of stuff. I dont know how to explain it it is something I feel insideI like some girls clothes once I let my hair a little long and depending on how I did the hair I could have a boy look or a girl look and I like the girl look much betterI looked up transgender severall things in the definitions match with what I feel indeed but definitely not all
      Thats completely okay! You dont need to declare you're trans if you're not sure or really have to make the decision yet. Just wait till you're more confident and ask yourself is this what you want.. If i may ask what do you fit with and dont fit with? The definitions of trans doesnt have to be like you must fit all.Do you rather wish you had a more feminine body? do you dislike the sight of your penis? do you prefer acting more feminine? Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about it. An irl friend of mine is trans and its pretty neat.

In short if a magic trick could remove my penis I would definitely do itBut I just cant see me getting operated and have it cut off

I have tried out some girls clothes from my cousin joggers tees undershirts, I feel more like myself in them than with boys clothes
      Also as I said above I feel more like myself with a girl look and haircut than boys

Also if I was allowed to choose I would get changed in the girls locker because that's where I feel I belong (i clarify that its not to stare other girls getting changed... Yes someone suggested it was the purpuse...)

I haven't thought about pronouns yet I'm not sure how I would react if my parents would call me their daughter instead of their son, or if my little bro would call me sister. I think I would like it
      Ye thats fine lol. You can really only get said surgery at 18 and you'd probs be considering it at 16. There are charities that specifically support transgendered people or just overall can provice good advice or counselling in such choices//your time as a trans person so i recommend using that if you really need it.

that's pretty cool, you could try asking your female cousin to dress you up more. Would you want to have long hair? maybe wear a skirt or try some leggings on. Who knows you might also like having your nails done and just wearing some nice lipsticks

Yeah, my other post covers this but a lot of schools likely allow you to change in the changing room/using the bathroom of the gender you identify with. I cant say all of them do and some may just be like "we need medical proof or you must be on X medication".. I Never have seen someone try to use the gender thing to spy at girls getting changed and imo if someone did they then they would be expelled and potentially charged with sexual harassment + put on the sex offender register so why would they?

But this doesnt mean the females will feel uncomfy with the idea of a boy with a "willy" changing with them and some will just have immature thoughts so i'd be careful with that and be sure on it.. If you're not comfy with the males changing room then consider the bathrooms.

I'll stick to calling you they/them till you decide if that's fine with you? You're really known to this so its fine with not knowing what you want to be called or how others will react but either way i think you'd be an awesome son/daughter to your parents and a cool older sis/bro so i wouldn't worry too much about it. You can actually tell them that you prefer it if they use she/he or "you can use males or female pronouns".
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Ok, not speaking from experience here as I am cis gender male, but I wonder if feeling transgender is a black and white thing or a question of degree.
      In the documentary I saw it was about 2 trans girls, after they came out they threw away all their boys clothes and kept only girls so I guess they feel 100% girl

For me it's different I dont feel completely girl I still like some boy stuff like new cars tryouts and I definitely dont like romantic movies I prefer action or sci fi
      But if it is a question of degree or cursor I'd say I lean definitely more toward girl than boy but not 100% girl
    • Vic2022 wrote:

Sean2001 wrote:

Ok, not speaking from experience here as I am cis gender male, but I wonder if feeling transgender is a black and white thing or a question of degree.
      In the documentary I saw it was about 2 trans girls, after they came out they threw away all their boys clothes and kept only girls so I guess they feel 100% girl
      For me it's different I dont feel completely girl I still like some boy stuff like new cars tryouts and I definitely dont like romantic movies I prefer action or sci fi
      But if it is a question of degree or cursor I'd say I lean definitely more toward girl than boy but not 100% girl
      Tbh not like all girls like romantic movies and ik girls that like cars too