Boyfriend ditched me to hangout with another girl

• Boyfriend ditched me to hangout with another girl

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year and so we are close and it's not just a small thing. We had planned a date on Friday and we going to get dinner and see the new Jackass movie (his choice). And then that night while I was getting ready he texts me and says he's just not feeling up to it, we can go another day. I'm like fine, it's totally okay. Then I hear from a mutual friend he had a girl over at his house and he was hanging out with her instead of me. Am I insane for thinking that's wrong??? He says I'm being clingy which ima be real, it's entirely possible but I feel like ditching me to hang out with a girl is not right. It would be fine if he didn't hang out with anyone, but it feels like he just had a better offer. He didn't even invite me over...

I don't even know what my question is really I guess just do you think I'm being unreasonable thinking that it's rude of him?
    • The way he ditched you to hang out with her was totally wrong. If you have a date, that's first priority and to say he is not up for it, should mean he is really sick.
      A boyfriend should have the possibility of seeing other girls on a friendly basis without questions, and a girlfriend should be allowed to spend time with other boys on the same conditions. No questions asked.
      But he is making it hard not to suspect something is quite off.
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Natacha wrote:

The way he ditched you to hang out with her was totally wrong. If you have a date, that's first priority and to say he is not up for it, should mean he is really sick.
      A boyfriend should have the possibility of seeing other girls on a friendly basis without questions, and a girlfriend should be allowed to spend time with other boys on the same conditions. No questions asked.
      Totally agree I'm fine with him hanging out with girls it's just I'd rather I come first. And the fact he didn't tell me or invite me, it just feels like he was trying to keep it secret but idk I will try not to let it bottle up inside me and just talk to him lol.
    • dooby wrote:

Natacha wrote:

The way he ditched you to hang out with her was totally wrong. If you have a date, that's first priority and to say he is not up for it, should mean he is really sick.
      Totally agree I'm fine with him hanging out with girls it's just I'd rather I come first. And the fact he didn't tell me or invite me, it just feels like he was trying to keep it secret but idk I will try not to let it bottle up inside me and just talk to him lol.
      Great. Talk to him about it. I hope he just doesn't stick to the "You're clingy" thing
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • Natacha wrote:

Great. Talk to him about it. I hope he just doesn't stick to the "You're clingy" thing
      Lol so many of my problems could be solved by talking to people directly instead of going to random websites to do it lmao. Idk if the clingy thing is unwarranted, I totally can be a bit much sometimes but yeah it is kinda mean I think.
    • dooby wrote:

Natacha wrote:

Lol so many of my problems could be solved by talking to people directly instead of going to random websites to do it lmao. Idk if the clingy thing is unwarranted, I totally can be a bit much sometimes but yeah it is kinda mean I think.
      For sure. Communicationis key, but this site is very good for talking about problems and get other very good perspectives on the matter. Maybe you are clingy, maybe you are not. That fact is just not really relevant in this particular situation
    • dooby wrote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year and so we are close and it's not just a small thing. We had planned a date on Friday and we going to get dinner and see the new Jackass movie (his choice). And then that night while I was getting ready he texts me and says he's just not feeling up to it, we can go another day. I'm like fine, it's totally okay. Then I hear from a mutual friend he had a girl over at his house and he was hanging out with her instead of me. Am I insane for thinking that's wrong??? He says I'm being clingy which ima be real, it's entirely possible but I feel like ditching me to hang out with a girl is not right. It would be fine if he didn't hang out with anyone, but it feels like he just had a better offer. He didn't even invite me over...

I don't even know what my question is really I guess just do you think I'm being unreasonable thinking that it's rude of him?
      Short: he cheated on you. Leave it there. :(
    • tfkbuggy wrote:

dooby wrote:

well, we don't know that for sure...
    • tfkbuggy wrote:

dooby wrote:

Agreed, it’s almost certain
      Highly unlikely he had her over to plan a surprise party for her or something as unlikely
    • You’ve been together a year and he wants to hang out with another girl? Girl, I’m sorry but ditch him. That’s not cool at all. Yes he can be friends with other girls, but he’s acting shady and hid it from you. Something’s wrong here. You’re not being clingy. You’re in a relationship and he should respect that. If he is truly wanting to be with other girls instead of you, respect yourself enough to cut him loose
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • TaylerL wrote:

You’ve been together a year and he wants to hang out with another girl? Girl, I’m sorry but ditch him. That’s not cool at all. Yes he can be friends with other girls, but he’s acting shady and hid it from you. Something’s wrong here. You’re not being clingy. You’re in a relationship and he should respect that. If he is truly wanting to be with other girls instead of you, respect yourself enough to cut him loose
      I totally agree with this, I am really sorry he's done this to you though. :(
    • dooby wrote:

No you're not insane and yes that was rude on his part

I could understand if it was a long time friend he hadn't seen in a while and who was in the area just for that day. But even then he should have invited you to join or at least tell you the truth.
      Basically what happened is he said I'm not feeling hanging out with you, and he went hang out with another girl

I guess I would be mad too
      Ask him how he would feel if you did the exact same to him