Naked in front of ther boys

• pahern0317 wrote:

Some of the posters say that they are not gay. There is nothing sexual about being seen or changing naked together. We change and shower naked in pe class five days a week in school. Some kids are shy at first but everyone gets over it.
      Naked doesn't equal gay. And even if it did nothing wrong with being gay.
    • gagefromtx wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

Some of the posters say that they are not gay. There is nothing sexual about being seen or changing naked together. We change and shower naked in pe class five days a week in school. Some kids are shy at first but everyone gets over it.
      Naked doesn't equal gay. And even if it did nothing wrong with being gay.
      Yep. You're both right. I think you're both actually saying the same thing. I think almost all of us agree. Some people may (or may not) be shy being seen naked at first and even some may be uncomfortable seeing a person naked. But eventually everyone will get used to it. If you've ever been to an all ages locker room like a gym, Y, pool, or rec center you'll learn that! Old men LOVE walking around naked! The older and fatter and barrier the man, the more obsessed about being naked he'll be! Ugggh!
    • Anwon wrote:

have you ever been naked in front of other boys. Like walked out of bathroom at your house or came out your room naked with another boy there.

Did the other boy feel comfortable or uncomfortable.
      So I think tbf that since this was the original question, it's a little different than being naked in the locker room or showers which would both be 10000% normal and appropriate.

However it sounds like the OP was asking a different question. If I was playing video games at my friends house and he went to his bedroom for a couple minutes but walked out naked to walk to the bathroom or kitchen or god forbid couch to play video games, I would be a little surprised. But not uncomfortable. Unless he wanted to play video games naked lol. But even then, I could get past and used to after a minute or two. I have walked out of bathrooms naked to walk back out to get dressed. Done it at my house, friends houses, and obviously hotel rooms with other boys there.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

Yep. You're both right. I think you're both actually saying the same thing. I think almost all of us agree. Some people may (or may not) be shy being seen naked at first and even some may be uncomfortable seeing a person naked. But eventually everyone will get used to it. If you've ever been to an all ages locker room like a gym, Y, pool, or rec center you'll learn that! Old men LOVE walking around naked! The older and fatter and barrier the man, the more obsessed about being naked he'll be! Ugggh!
      I don't know if LOVE walking around naked is quite right, perhaps more like completely used it and unembarassed by it.

I think part of what makes people sensitive about it is that we all know everyone compares and therefore everyone is surrepiciously assessing everyone else. I remember a scout leader who was completely comfortable changing when we were about to go swimming despite having, what seemed to me, a smaller than average penis. But this guy was married and had three children. I can't tell what he was thinking or even if he was thinking anything at all, but arguably by most people's standards he had "made it". Why would he care what the other guys in the changing room are thinking of his cock size - his wife was obviously happy with it and he has the kids to prove it.
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

I don't know if LOVE walking around naked is quite right, perhaps more like completely used it and unembarassed by it.
      I think part of what makes people sensitive about it is that we all know everyone compares and therefore everyone is surrepiciously assessing everyone else. I remember a scout leader who was completely comfortable changing when we were about to go swimming despite having, what seemed to me, a smaller than average penis. But this guy was married and had three children. I can't tell what he was thinking or even if he was thinking anything at all, but arguably by most people's standards he had "made it". Why would he care what the other guys in the changing room are thinking of his cock size - his wife was obviously happy with it and he has the kids to prove it.
      True. I don't KNOW old men love walking around naked in locker rooms, but I can assume they do based on their behavior. How long they do. I've seen old men naked in front of mirrors brushing their freaking teeth! But still it's only a generalization that old men love it simply because some do. I'm sure there is just as much old men that don't like to. But we're splitting hairs and getting off topic.

Even your anecdote about the scout leader involves you making assumptions. Neither of us truly KNOWS what the scout leader or old gym members are thinking. Based on their behavior we can surely assume they are comfortable enough in their skin to be seen naked, but it's the why that we can only assume. "Not giving a damn" might be as good as a reason as any. We have to ask the person WHY they don't give a damn being naked with their less than perfect bodies.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

Sean2001 wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

I don't know if LOVE walking around naked is quite right, perhaps more like completely used it and unembarassed by it.I think part of what makes people sensitive about it is that we all know everyone compares and therefore everyone is surrepiciously assessing everyone else. I remember a scout leader who was completely comfortable changing when we were about to go swimming despite having, what seemed to me, a smaller than average penis. But this guy was married and had three children. I can't tell what he was thinking or even if he was thinking anything at all, but arguably by most people's standards he had "made it". Why would he care what the other guys in the changing room are thinking of his cock size - his wife was obviously happy with it and he has the kids to prove it.
      True. I don't KNOW old men love walking around naked in locker rooms, but I can assume they do based on their behavior. How long they do. I've seen old men naked in front of mirrors brushing their freaking teeth! But still it's only a generalization that old men love it simply because some do. I'm sure there is just as much old men that don't like to. But we're splitting hairs and getting off topic.
      Even your anecdote about the scout leader involves you making assumptions. Neither of us truly KNOWS what the scout leader or old gym members are thinking. Based on their behavior we can surely assume they are comfortable enough in their skin to be seen naked, but it's the why that we can only assume. "Not giving a damn" might be as good as a reason as any. We have to ask the person WHY they don't give a damn being naked with their less than perfect bodies.
      This does describe how I feel. Yes, I've been naked in front of other guys, both in the locker room and elsewhere, like my bedroom, the bathroom,when skinnydipping with friends, etc. (and to go along with one of your earlier comments and link this back to the OP's original question, no, the other guys who were there and who saw me in the buff weren't uncomfortable with it, or if they were. they never said anything about it to me).

It's also true that I wouldn't ever say I've "loved" being naked in front of anyone else during those times, it was just the specific situation in question called for me being naked in front of at least one other dude, because of changing clothes, bathing, skinnydipping, etc. (about the only time I could ever say I have loved being naked around another guys was when I'd be with my boyfriend and about to Get Some), though at the same time I wasn't embarrassed about it, either. So yeah, "I just didn't care" is a more accurate description (and I'm sure I'll continue on with that sentiment many years from now when I'm an old man).
    • Sean2001 wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

So the scout leader would strip down and stay that way? How old was he?

All the responses are well said and I agree, it seems that the older guys at the pool and gym are just used to it and tend to not really care that they are letting it all hang out. It also seems like the older, the smaller too. Like there are a couple guys at the rec center I go to that look like they are college age, decent sized, but sometimes act more shy than the guys in their 30-50's, that look kinda small down there and just walk around like its nothing.
    • I mean I will be in the locker room if I need to be like changing clothes, taking a shower, or using the toilet. I do not hang out in the locker room. I do not see why old guys do this. The worst is at our country club, which I almost never use. Old dudes hang out in the locker room and get beers there. Most of the time they aren't naked drinking beer, but why someone would want to do that is beyond me.
    • gagefromtx wrote:

I mean I will be in the locker room if I need to be like changing clothes, taking a shower, or using the toilet. I do not hang out in the locker room. I do not see why old guys do this. The worst is at our country club, which I almost never use. Old dudes hang out in the locker room and get beers there. Most of the time they aren't naked drinking beer, but why someone would want to do that is beyond me.
      Some of the country clubs that I have been to have boy's locker rooms aside from the men.
    • pahern0317 wrote:

gagefromtx wrote:

I mean I will be in the locker room if I need to be like changing clothes, taking a shower, or using the toilet. I do not hang out in the locker room. I do not see why old guys do this. The worst is at our country club, which I almost never use. Old dudes hang out in the locker room and get beers there. Most of the time they aren't naked drinking beer, but why someone would want to do that is beyond me.
      Some of the country clubs that I have been to have boy's locker rooms aside from the men.
      Totally unnecessary but completely awesome if that was everywhere. I know I definitely feel weirded out when old men are showering with kids. Some definitely look and act sus like old creepy pervs.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

gagefromtx wrote:

Totally unnecessary but completely awesome if that was everywhere. I know I definitely feel weirded out when old men are showering with kids. Some definitely look and act sus like old creepy pervs.
      Our country club doesn't have a boys locker room separate from the mens locker room. It does have individual shower stalls with glass doors, which are kinda fogged or something so you can't see through them.
    • gagefromtx wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

gagefromtx wrote:

Our country club doesn't have a boys locker room separate from the mens locker room. It does have individual shower stalls with glass doors, which are kinda fogged or something so you can't see through them.
      Ours has separate one for the boys. The Men's has a full service bar in it. I don't get it either. The lounge area is separate from the change area but just the same
    • collin13 wrote:

Ours has separate one for the boys. The Men's has a full service bar in it. I don't get it either. The lounge area is separate from the change area but just the same
      This all seems a bit weird to me. If the country club was actually a nudist club then I could understand guys wanting to get a beer before they finally get dressed as getting dressed would be the last thing before leaving for home, but if there is no nudist connection, why would anyone hang around in a locker room any longer than they need to when they could go to a lounge-type bar that is much more comfortable.

EDIT: Having thought about it a bit more, is it a way of creating a male-only space by the "back-door"?

I think guys often do enjoy having somewhere where they can engage in "bloke talk" without worry about whether they are either impressing or offending women. Here in the UK there is a long tradition of Gentlemen's Clubs. There is also a tradition of Rugby Songs that you would absolutely not sing in the presence of women.

Then we also have female-only gyms so women can concentrate on working out and not worry about being eyed-up by the men.

But possibly some legislation has been introduced to ban male only spaces, except for toilets and changing areas, so these have been pressed into service.
    • Sean2001 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

This all seems a bit weird to me. If the country club was actually a nudist club then I could understand guys wanting to get a beer before they finally get dressed as getting dressed would be the last thing before leaving for home, but if there is no nudist connection, why would anyone hang around in a locker room any longer than they need to when they could go to a lounge-type bar that is much more comfortable.
      EDIT: Having thought about it a bit more, is it a way of creating a male-only space by the "back-door"?

I think guys often do enjoy having somewhere where they can engage in "bloke talk" without worry about whether they are either impressing or offending women. Here in the UK there is a long tradition of Gentlemen's Clubs. There is also a tradition of Rugby Songs that you would absolutely not sing in the presence of women.

Then we also have female-only gyms so women can concentrate on working out and not worry about being eyed-up by the men.

But possibly some legislation has been introduced to ban male only spaces, except for toilets and changing areas, so these have been pressed into service.
      I've only seen it once but to get to it you enter through the men's locker room doors from the outside of the club and the lounge area is separated from where the lockers and shower area is. I think its exactly what you said ... their own space. The lounge is actually really nice. The club has hosted PGA events in the past too.