What is the history of Teen Hut

• What is the history of Teen Hut

Hi, does anyone on here know what is the history of the Teen Hut website?

I understand mayank is the administrator. So does this mean he is also the owner?

And if so, when was the site created, and how does he make money to keep it running? Does anyone know how he got the idea to create the site?

I can’t seem to find any such details

By the way, there’s no Wikipedia page for Teen Hut

I used the Way Back Machine, and uncovered this GEM. This is how the site looked back in 2004, on the day when there were only 6 users!

web.archive.org/web/2004122322…proboards41.com/index.cgi

Posts merged. Please use edit button next time. -SouthernDude
      Smile
    • It looks like Mayank only registered in 2015. And yes he owns and pays for the site nowadays.

I'm not familiar with its origins but it was created in 2003 or '04, I can't remember which. For a long while it was dominated by other teen forums such as GovTeen and VirtualTeen, and is now the larger one of only two remaining according to my research.

For a few years I know there were lots of issues with moderation, and at some point a ton of posts were wiped from the server. But after VT unfortunately shut down last year things have picked up again, with better moderation and much more activity.

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]