Busted: Sleeping Naked.

• Natacha wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Durango wrote:

That the parents should knock before entering is what most people here seem to think, judging by some of the responses.
    Of course. I mean, if kids are supposed to learn that they should knock before entering closed doors, then parents should return the gesture. In the end it will be a win-win situation. The kid won't feel the need to sink through the floor, and the parents won't see something they wish they didn't.
    Yeah. Of course they should knock before entering. AND wait for getting allowed to enter. That is just normal respect. If parents just open the door and barge in, it's the same as saying "You have no right to private life". And then it's hard for a kid to respect them back.So if parents just walk in with no warning, they should also be ready to accept, what they might see. Any other behavior would be due to a clouded judgement.
    Exactly. It's hard to learn to respect someone who don't respect you back.
    Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
  • ChrisC05 wrote:

EJ. wrote:

when I was first discovered sleeping in the nude I was just told to keep door locked and keep covered up.
    Double security
    Yep. Nothing wrong with being in your birthday suit when sleeping. Just make sure to take reasonable precautions to make sure that no one else gets an eyeful of something they'll wish they hadn't if they should want to come into the bedroom for any reason.
  • me and my lil bro share a room and its pretty much off limits to our parents who dont really care as long as we dont burn the place down. there was one time when i was totally sound asleep in bed and my brother had his friends over who saw me totally naked and asleep and they decided to write graffitti on my body with a magic marker, it took forever to get that stuff off
    :gay:
  • corey_stratton wrote:

me and my lil bro share a room and its pretty much off limits to our parents who dont really care as long as we dont burn the place down. there was one time when i was totally sound asleep in bed and my brother had his friends over who saw me totally naked and asleep and they decided to write graffitti on my body with a magic marker, it took forever to get that stuff off
    :D sorry that was me who did that
  • corey_stratton wrote:

me and my lil bro share a room and its pretty much off limits to our parents who dont really care as long as we dont burn the place down. there was one time when i was totally sound asleep in bed and my brother had his friends over who saw me totally naked and asleep and they decided to write graffitti on my body with a magic marker, it took forever to get that stuff off
    I hope you got them back.
  • ChrisC05 wrote:

corey_stratton wrote:

:D sorry that was me who did that
    I hope it was nothing rude. Does ur brother sleep naked. Did u mind his friends seeing u
  • corey_stratton wrote:

You must be a sound sleeper :) Any plans on getting even with him? I would if my brother had done that to me
  • Jason Jordan wrote:

that's sounds awful. My parents walk in my room unannounced but they know they can't complain
    How do they know you sleep naked? I assume you either told them upfront or they saw you and you told them it's what you like to do. I sleep naked. But I can't get up the balls to tell them cuz the discussion would seem awkward imo, and slightly none of their business. I have been seen naked in the summer but it was so hot it I really needed no explanation. If I'm ever caught in the winter I feel my secret will be over.
  • Gabraham247 wrote:

Jason Jordan wrote:

that's sounds awful. My parents walk in my room unannounced but they know they can't complain
    How do they know you sleep naked? I assume you either told them upfront or they saw you and you told them it's what you like to do. I sleep naked. But I can't get up the balls to tell them cuz the discussion would seem awkward imo, and slightly none of their business. I have been seen naked in the summer but it was so hot it I really needed no explanation. If I'm ever caught in the winter I feel my secret will be over.
    I don't see anything wrong with sleeping naked. My parents know I sleep naked. It's only boys in the house-no sisters. Maybe Jason is in an all boy house too.
  • Gabraham247 wrote:

Jason Jordan wrote:

they came one night were the covers were down to my ankles and saw my naked side and butt. They also have walked in me changing clothes or getting ready for shower.
  • Gabraham247 wrote:

Jason Jordan wrote:

I understand what you mean, but honestly unless someone's parents expressly tell them that sleeping nude isn't allowed, I see no reason to "hide" the fact you do, or be embarrassed/ashamed about it. My parents sleep nude, so it's not a concern in my family. Few of my friends sleep that way, but they've never been forbidden to sleep nude.
  • maseb wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

Jason Jordan wrote:

I understand what you mean, but honestly unless someone's parents expressly tell them that sleeping nude isn't allowed, I see no reason to "hide" the fact you do, or be embarrassed/ashamed about it. My parents sleep nude, so it's not a concern in my family. Few of my friends sleep that way, but they've never been forbidden to sleep nude.
    I think my parents sleep nude, but have never asked them. Nor have they asked me if I sleep nude, but they have seen me asleep butt ass naked and never said a word.
  • maseb wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

Jason Jordan wrote:

I'm not really ashamed that I sleep naked and I know I'm not forbidden to do it. I can't imagine any parent forbidding their kids being naked in their own rooms unless maybe they share a room. I guess I am a bit embarrassed and that probably stens from why I originally started sleeping naked. The first day and months of sleeping naked was when I started puberty. I thought I was the shit. I was proud and realized I was not a kid anymore. Being naked obviously gave me easy access to jerking off. And I mistakenly thought that sleeping naked was dirty, taboo, and what real tough men do...and I wanted badly to grow up fast and by dirty and do adult things. I now know it's none of that and it's just about comfort. It's kinda sorta weird to me that a few if you know your parents sleep naked. Idk how that info gets out or hopefully you're not seeing them sleeping naked lol. But I definitely plan on continuing to sleep naked when I'm an adult and a dad. And hopefully my wife will too as I think it would make sense for a married couple to sleep naked since they're fucking in bed.
  • ScottFremont wrote:

...even my undies don't stink after wearing two days in a row.
    Crotch sweat can also be a source of body odour and some soaking into underwear is unavoidable. The other thing to be wary of is that our noses get used to a smell and we tend to notice new smells much more than old ones, so something that builds up gradually is not so noticable.

But keeping yourself clean probably means it takes longer to get to a point where clothing would smell.

Back to the question of parents' reactions and the question of parents showing respect for children, not just the other way round, Troy does not say where he lives but I wonder if this is indicative of a different attitude in the USA vs. Europe and, in particular, the Scandinavian countries. It seems in the USA children are seen as being completely subservient to their parents whereas in Europe they are seen as 1st class citizens even before they are are fully adult. The Scandinavian attitude is that parents have a duty to their children, not rights over them.

Gabraham247 wrote:

...I was proud and realized I was not a kid anymore. Being naked obviously gave me easy access to jerking off. And I mistakenly thought that sleeping naked was dirty, taboo, and what real tough men do...and I wanted badly to grow up fast and by dirty and do adult things. I now know it's none of that and it's just about comfort....
    We definitely do become more aware of our bodies, and our cocks in particular, with puberty. For some people that seems to make them more shy whereas others seem to want to be seen. I think it's good to feel good about the changes and definitely better to be look forward to adulthood than to try to cling on to pre-pubescent childhood.

Then there is the thing that nakedness doesn't have to be sexual, yet sometimes it is. It all depends on the situation. Changing clothes in the locker room we would generally want it not to be sexual and, if you sleep naked, clearly for most of that time nothing sexual is happening there either. But, if stripping off and seeing your cock causes you to immediately think of jacking it off, and you've got the time and privacy, clearly there is no harm in doing that.