does anyone here listen to grind?

• Hello Grimm and welcome to TH.
      I haven't heard any of those bands before. Listening to yanderechainsawregurgitationfactory - Alone in Hell right now. Not bad.
      I listen to Deathcore and Death Metal myself. Maybe you recognize some of the names. To name a few: Lorna Shore, Shadow of Intent, Whitechapel, Infant Annihilator, Assemble the Chariots, Cattle Decapitation and the newest addition :love: Immortal Disfigurement :lovey:
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • joannainthemiddle wrote:

I haven't heard those I don't think but they have such sweet names.
      hahahha definitely. that's kind of what i love about goregrind especially - the names and songs are so overly edgy it's comedic almost (although grindcore has more political lyrics, while goregrind is just grusome and supposed to have a shock factor)

Natacha wrote:

Hello Grimm and welcome to TH.
      I haven't heard any of those bands before. Listening to yanderechainsawregurgitationfactory - Alone in Hell right now. Not bad.
      I listen to Deathcore and Death Metal myself. Maybe you recognize some of the names. To name a few: Lorna Shore, Shadow of Intent, Whitechapel, Infant Annihilator, Assemble the Chariots, Cattle Decapitation and the newest addition :love: Immortal Disfigurement :lovey:
      hi natacha, thanks for the kind introduction !! <3 yanderechainsawregurgitationfactory - guro is my absolute favorite one. the beginning absolutely does it for me. it's so good!
      and i have listened to lona shore and infant annihilator a bit before and loved them <33. the other ones i'll definitely have to check out, thank you!!
      do you listen to any other metal subgenres?
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

joannainthemiddle wrote:

I haven't heard those I don't think but they have such sweet names.
      hahahha definitely. that's kind of what i love about goregrind especially - the names and songs are so overly edgy it's comedic almost (although grindcore has more political lyrics, while goregrind is just grusome and supposed to have a shock factor)

Natacha wrote:

Hello Grimm and welcome to TH.
      hi natacha, thanks for the kind introduction !! <3 yanderechainsawregurgitationfactory - guro is my absolute favorite one. the beginning absolutely does it for me. it's so good!and i have listened to lona shore and infant annihilator a bit before and loved them <33. the other ones i'll definitely have to check out, thank you!!
      do you listen to any other metal subgenres?
      I'm quite a lot into Black Metal and softer metal genres.
      I've been practicing growling for years and when it started going better for me, I went into the darker style.
      I have even growled some songs for crowds. 3 from Lorna Shore: Immortal, Death Portrait and King Ov Deception. My favourite singer was in that band at the time.
      Immortal Disfigurement is his new band, and the first (and only so far) single is SO GOOOOOD
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • @Natacha i also really enjoy some softer genres like symphonic metal (especially japanese symphonic metal is sooo good) and sludge metal (my friend gifted me an acid bath tshirt and i was inlove. although one she made herself as we don't support rotten records, their label :D)

and omg it's so cool that you have learned growling. such an impressive skill, i love it. when did you start it?
      and i listened to dragged through inferno by immortal disfigurement and omg. it's genuinely great, i instantly added it to my playlist !!
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

@Natacha i also really enjoy some softer genres like symphonic metal (especially japanese symphonic metal is sooo good) and sludge metal (my friend gifted me an acid bath tshirt and i was inlove. although one she made herself as we don't support rotten records, their label :D)

and omg it's so cool that you have learned growling. such an impressive skill, i love it. when did you start it?
      and i listened to dragged through inferno by immortal disfigurement and omg. it's genuinely great, i instantly added it to my playlist !!
      I started practicing at 14 or 15, but to make sure I wasn't ruining anything, I have had a vocal coach on the side all the way. Lots of sessions and carefully easing into it. I started covering actual songs when I was 17. Still doing a lot of breathing exercises and trying to explore my lower register. I want to go as low as possible. The song you heard with Immortal Disfigurement, I seem to choose doing songs by that particular singer. I'm fangirling a lot.
    • I did think about posting covers, but I also have an important job and those 2 things doesn't go well together as the majority doesn't understand this kind of music.
      But I did perform at my school and at a party in my company. So privately I like to :)
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

sounds great. i'm glad you got to find at least those occasions to share your hobby c:
      Metal calms me down and keeps my mood high and happy :D That is the way it is for most. Do you feel that way too?
    • Natacha wrote:

gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

sounds great. i'm glad you got to find at least those occasions to share your hobby c:
      Metal calms me down and keeps my mood high and happy :D That is the way it is for most. Do you feel that way too?
      yes definitely. i just really love listening to energetic, "loud" music. it almost feels like a form of self expression if that makes sense haha?? that's why i also really enjoy other genres like digital or post hardcore, breakcore, terror and which is why grind is my favorite metal genre. just feels like it represents the actual me. also it's calming and just fun to listen to, haha! is that similiar for you?
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

Natacha wrote:

gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

yes definitely. i just really love listening to energetic, "loud" music. it almost feels like a form of self expression if that makes sense haha?? that's why i also really enjoy other genres like digital or post hardcore, breakcore, terror and which is why grind is my favorite metal genre. just feels like it represents the actual me. also it's calming and just fun to listen to, haha! is that similiar for you?
      Yes. I have way more patience and an embracing disposition. I think I'd turn cruel, if someone were to forbid me listening to metal :) Not a great idea.
    • Natacha wrote:

gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

Natacha wrote:

gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

Yes. I have way more patience and an embracing disposition. I think I'd turn cruel, if someone were to forbid me listening to metal :) Not a great idea.
      hahahha me too. in general without music, i'd probably die. i always have to listen to something. either music or podcasts. :DD
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

Natacha wrote:

gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

Natacha wrote:

gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

hahahha me too. in general without music, i'd probably die. i always have to listen to something. either music or podcasts. :DD
      I'm addicted too. It boost creativity, so not stopping.
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

can't say that I'm really a fan of this stuff, but I am familiar with acid bath and the singers solo career...very nice voice.
      hahahah i heard some really crazy stories of him. but you're right, his voice is so beautiful.

HannahW wrote:

@Natacha and @gr1mr3ap3r I don’t know any of the music or bands you’re talking about, but it’s really interesting to see what you say about them and great to see the passion you clearly both have for that kind of music.
      thank you <3 thats so nice of you. music is definitely one of my passions and i always love talking to others about it
    • HannahW wrote:

@Natacha and @gr1mr3ap3r I don’t know any of the music or bands you’re talking about, but it’s really interesting to see what you say about them and great to see the passion you clearly both have for that kind of music.
      Well talking about the bands I like at least, if you narrow the messages in the lyrics down, it's "Be good to eachother", "Don't be a bully", "Don't pollute", "Backstabbing friends is a NO GO"... Messages like that. It's awesome