does anyone here listen to grind?

• Natacha wrote:

HannahW wrote:

@Natacha and @gr1mr3ap3r I don’t know any of the music or bands you’re talking about, but it’s really interesting to see what you say about them and great to see the passion you clearly both have for that kind of music.
      Well talking about the bands I like at least, if you narrow the messages in the lyrics down, it's "Be good to eachother", "Don't be a bully", "Don't pollute", "Backstabbing friends is a NO GO"... Messages like that. It's awesome
      absolutely agree for many metal bands. unless it's torsofuck, then it's just "poop, semen, blood, fuck" for the shock effect and to make fun of edgy kids.
      also i watched an interview with cliteater today and they said despite their name the lyrics are quite meaningful in the new albums. unfortunately i haven't found any translations online yet and obviously not gonna find it out just from listening since it's grind :D

do you know the duo machine girl? they aren't metal but they're digital hardcore so many people would probably not guess it but their lyrics are incredibly beautiful and also hold a lot of meaning. my favorite song "necro culture vulture" by them is actually criticism on how capitalism basically fucks people from lower and middle class over and kills the earth and cultures. i know it's kind of off topic but i thought it'd fit :))
      do you have any songs where you like the lyrics a lot?
    • @gr1mr3ap3r Infant Annihilator is also a shock factor band. They wanted to make horror music rather than horror movies. And the most horrible things they could think of was cruelty to children, so they make music about that.
      I don't know the duo Machine Girl. I'll check them out :)

A song where the lyrics are very meaningful to me is Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas. That is a giant masterpiece

Lorna Shore - Immortal. That is also grand and especially because I'm passionately anti religious

Edit: Ohh yes and Shadow of Intent made a song in sympathy for Ukraine called From Ruin.. We Rise
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • @Natacha your taste is so good!!
      i just checked out all the songs and the lyrics. especially the death atlas lyrics were really touching and i love how poetically they were written. also i really love the singer's voice during the refrain.
      i also listened to and watched the music video of immortal. and man, those lyrics in combination with the music video were so beautiful.
      and about from ruin... we rise; the symphonic melody in the background particularly stood out to me. never rlly expected tp see deathcore mixed with symphonic metal but i'm here for it!!! it's so great. (especially because i love both genres haha) and the lyrics were written beautifully and so poetically, too.

i'll definitely check out more deathcore!!! you motivated me :D
    • You are very welcome. I'm happy to.
      And yes Travis Ryan from Cattle Decapitation has a special voice which I will not even try to duplicate. Beautiful for sure. They also made a song called "Bring Back the Plague" which was release right before Covid hit everybody, so the timing was kinda bad, but the song is very good too.
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

the song is great, just checked it out. and the music video is hilarious HAHA. love it and it's really fitting for the situation in 2020-2021
      If you feel like it, this kind of deathcore feels a bit different, but also good. It's a russian band and the message of this song is "Stop bullying".

I have those masks :D One i gold and one in iron colour, which I use as wall mounted lamps
    • i checked it out this morning and its so good, thank you so mucj !!! i especially love the drums and the guitar in the background (i'm sorry if i used the wrong words, i don't really know much about instruments and that stuff. only thing i learned is to play the flute when i was 11 and to play the kazoo)
      but man really love it. especially the instrumentals !!!!! kind of reminds me of everything will freeze by undead corporation
      (open.spotify.com/track/3vCafER…OwSA&utm_source=copy-link added the spotify link as the youtube videos don't have the vocals. i hope thqt's okay, otherwise i will find a youtube vid for you if you want to check it out !!!)
      (also another example: nonexistence by undead corporation )
      my undead corporation playlist actually mixes so well with slaughter to prevail. i put the two albums in my playlist and it sounds so good in one playlist c:
      also that you have those masks is so sick honestly. i love merch like that !!! i wish i could get my hands on some merch of my fav bands :((
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

i checked it out this morning and its so good, thank you so mucj !!! i especially love the drums and the guitar in the background (i'm sorry if i used the wrong words, i don't really know much about instruments and that stuff. only thing i learned is to play the flute when i was 11 and to play the kazoo)
      but man really love it. especially the instrumentals !!!!! kind of reminds me of everything will freeze by undead corporation
      (open.spotify.com/track/3vCafER…OwSA&utm_source=copy-link added the spotify link as the youtube videos don't have the vocals. i hope thqt's okay, otherwise i will find a youtube vid for you if you want to check it out !!!)
      (also another example: nonexistence by undead corporation )
      my undead corporation playlist actually mixes so well with slaughter to prevail. i put the two albums in my playlist and it sounds so good in one playlist c:
      also that you have those masks is so sick honestly. i love merch like that !!! i wish i could get my hands on some merch of my fav bands :((
      I do see some similarities :) Thanks
    • gr1mr3ap3r wrote:

yoyo @Natacha thanks to ur recommendation slaughter to prevail has turned into my fav band. (also i have a small crush on alex terrible now :DD) can u give me some more recommendations that sound similiar to them?? thanks a lot bro <3
      You could try:
      Whitechapel
      Mental Cruelty

Or this one. That is one of my favourite singers

• Yo theres this band called

vaginal penetration of an amelus with a musty carrot

or vxpxoxaxaxwxaxmxc

and they make some of the best goregrind out there, brutual as hell. i fuckin love their album in involuntary abortion we trust. absolutely sick.

as far as more normal grind goes lol, i love full of hell and knoll. napalm death and assück and countless other bands too, of course. i also rly like cybergrind