What does it mean to be a girl or a boy?

• What does it mean to be a girl or a boy?

Just wondering what like it actually means to be a girl or to be a boy? Like when trans people say they feel like the opposite gender to their birth gender what does this mean? What does this feel like and what makes you a boy/girl and what is the difference? I know that not all trans people conform to stereotypes but like I'm slightly unsure about how you define it without like using sexist stereotypes? Like i think that like we should view people as people if that makes sense? And also do you think that trans people would still exist if society was better? Like I'm a bit confused and I am a girl but not sure if i feel a gender and I normally don't really think about my gender as I don't think gender should really matter and I don't really conform to female stereotypes and also I am bissexual. Like I am happy with my body but like does me not really feeling a gender make me agender or something?
    • I think it's a physical appearance thing. Like if you have a penis or breasts, they don't feel like they're a part of you that belongs, and you want to get rid of them (and possibly if you don't have them you feel like you should)

I'm not sure if that's the same for all transgender, but I know it is how some feel

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."

• The kid said it best. There's a lot of argument on this topic, and it just depends on the person. You do you

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • BJade wrote:

I think it's a physical appearance thing. Like if you have a penis or breasts, they don't feel like they're a part of you that belongs, and you want to get rid of them (and possibly if you don't have them you feel like you should)

I'm not sure if that's the same for all transgender, but I know it is how some feel
      What does it mean to be non-binary then or any non-binary gender? I kinda feel like the way transgender things are taught it kinda promotes gender stereotypes and I am a bit confused by it. Like also I saw this person Dylan Mulvaney tiktok.com/@dylanmulvaney?lang=en and I think "she" has quite a sexist idea of what a woman is and I don't think its really right for her to become a woman and then basically promote a load of stereotypes and also I am quite surprised that it is all republicans against it and not left wing people and feminists
    • Well, as someone explained it to me, most people have either XX or XY chromosome pair (that determines sex - XX are females, XY males; this is excluding mutations like XXY or XYY) and with a small percentage or people who are either XX or XY biologically their brains (for some reason that nobody really understands right now) insists "The reproductive organs I was born with are not the reproductive organs I was supposed to be born with."
    • hanev wrote:

Just wondering what like it actually means to be a girl or to be a boy? Like when trans people say they feel like the opposite gender to their birth gender what does this mean? What does this feel like and what makes you a boy/girl and what is the difference? I know that not all trans people conform to stereotypes but like I'm slightly unsure about how you define it without like using sexist stereotypes? Like i think that like we should view people as people if that makes sense? And also do you think that trans people would still exist if society was better? Like I'm a bit confused and I am a girl but not sure if i feel a gender and I normally don't really think about my gender as I don't think gender should really matter and I don't really conform to female stereotypes and also I am bissexual. Like I am happy with my body but like does me not really feeling a gender make me agender or something?
      If you dont wonder about your gender that probably means you are fine with it so you dont even think about questioning it

I fill in several girl stereotypes like I practiced dance, in the school yard most often I stay with girls (and in primary school we played skipping rope) while most boys play football. Well I dont like football
      But the biggest thing that makes me feel I'm a girl not a boy is that if I could choose, I would be getting changed in the girls locker room instead of boys', because I feel that's where I belong (and not just to sneak peak at girls undressing)
      Also when I'm naked in the mirror and I tighten my legs so that it hides willy I feel more like myself than when it shows
      Also when I put on girls clothes I feel more like myself than with boys
      Dont be afraid to come talk to me, I dont bite... :D