Where does semen go after vaginal sex?

• Where does semen go after vaginal sex?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum I thought it fit best in here.

I am confused, and I cannot seem to Google this because I just get the wrong results.

I am wondering, where does the semen go after vaginal sex? I don't mean the sperm, I understand what happens to the sperm. I mean the semen. It cannot possibly stay in there forever right? Does it just come out in the next period or maybe it helps with nutrients for the baby? Idk.

Whenever I try to search this, it's always just telling me about what happens to the sperm. But never the semen!!!

Hopefully someone here can help but maybe it is a mystery forever. Thank you muchly
    • most of it passes through the vaginal canal and cervix and into the uterus. Once it is there, it doesn't come back out. The vagina is a self cleaning organ and pretty much takes care of everything. Sometimes a little bit leaks out, that's why having a pad or unscented wipes on hand is good.

Here's a good article about it
      medicalnewstoday.com/articles/…dy-fast#can-you-remove-it

Specifically...
      "Some people may want to remove semen from their vagina after sex because they believe that it is more hygienic or hope that doing this can prevent pregnancy.
      Semen is a combination of fluids that contains vitaminsTrusted Source, minerals, and sperm. Sperm is the male reproductive cell, and when it combines with a female’s egg, this may lead to pregnancy.
      Semen enters the uterus within minutes of ejaculation. Sperm can live inside the vagina for up to 7 days. Once sperm enters the uterus, there is no scientifically proven way of removing it.
      Between a few minutes and several hours after intercourse, some fluid may come out of the vagina. Although some of this may contain sperm, it will mainly consist of a mixture of proteins and vitamins from the ejaculation."