Sleep paralysis

• Sleep paralysis

Hello everybody!

I'm just curious about have you ever had sleep paralysis?
      Recently I experienced a lot more than I used to, and it's getting more and more terrifying. I barely can't breathe, obviously can't move or talk and it feels like long minutes. When I wake up my whole body shaking and I am scared asf.
      First, it happened to me in my childhood but it wasn't scarry at all, I just couldn't move. Last year, a demon-looking woman was sitting in my chest. Now, about 1 hour ago, I wanted to have a little nap, then I heard evil laughing, after a time I heard that somebody was walking into my room and wanted to grab my leg. I almost cried when I finally woke up because my phone ringed.
      This summer happened to me about 3 times that I had a nap and woke up but couldn't move, talk and almost got out of breath.

Tell me about your experiences, and if you have some good advice please tell me about it:) I'm getting really scared, I don't think I Will be able to sleep properly tonight.
      Just want to make some friends. Feel free to text me! <3
    • sleepfoundation.org/parasomnias/sleep-paralysis

Before you fall asleep and in your sleep, if you're able, try to think it's not real, it's just a dream. Try also ignore any devil creatures in your sleep even if you're scared. You can also try to take control of your dream. It happened to my bf and he told me it was very scary.

Use the power of suggestion:

[*]Tonight in my dreams, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.
      • Tonight in my dreams, when I see something strange, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.
      • Tonight in my dreams, I will be more critically aware. When I notice something odd, I will realize I am dreaming and become consciously aware.
      It can work.
    • Sleep paralysis is a condition identified by a brief loss of muscle control, known as atonia1, that happens just after falling asleep or waking up. In addition to atonia, people often have hallucinations during episodes of sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is categorized as a type of parasomnia.

What is the main cause of sleep paralysis?
      One of the major causes of sleep paralysis is sleep deprivation, or a lack of sleep. A change in your sleep schedule, stress, and other sleep-related problems might also play a role. Other factors could be involved, including: Mental health conditions, such as PTSD or bipolar disorder.

There are no proven therapies that can stop a sleep paralysis episode, but most people who experience it routinely report that focusing on making small body movements (such as moving one finger, then another) helps them to recover more quickly.
    • I cannot comment from personal experience. It does sound intriguing, though. As described, it seems like a state that is somewhere between asleep and awake, i.e. part of the brain has gone back to the conscious state and part of it hasn't. The feeling of being unable to breathe could, for example, be caused by the hypothalamus, which is generally responsible for regulating things such as breathing, heart rate, temperature etc. not being in the awake state while some of the rest of the brain is hence the breathing being at the slower, asleep rate rather than the higher awake rate.

I also wonder if there is any connection with lucid dreaming and/or false awakening as these also seem to be things connected with a half-way state between fully asleep and fully awake.
    • Sheesh.. I thought i was the only one who experienced sleep paralysis!
      I get them kinda often. I remember last time i was at school and i was with my head on the table (dont know how to explain it more cearly) like i was sleeping. But i was paralysed like in that position too. I couldnt move or anything.
      One more thing: I also get some dreams where im literally TIRED and WANTING TO SLEEP . Weird huh? Iike having a dream of you sleeping.
      Hope it helps. For your case, to stop having such dreams, try to plan an earlier bed time (22:30 is when i sleep and its perfect. avoid late hours or tireness)
      sosigi doggo [: