Elections and Voting

• Kyle07 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

I was just stating the fact that Trump or any sitting president has the power and authority granted by the Constitution to classify or declassify any or all government documents There is no higher authority over the president to prevent him from doing this, certainly not the Department of Justice nor the Congress. If indeed Trump did declassify the documents, he took to Mara-A-Lago no judicial body can indite him for a crime. What methods that he used to do this declassification, i.e., signing a legal document, saying it out load, or even "thinking it inside his head", the fact remains that he did nothing illegal or commit a criminal act that he could be indited for.

Let's face the facts here about this drama. It is nothing but naked politics where the democrats and President Biden are desperate to use any tool in their toolbox to prevent Trump from running for president again in 2024. They think that Trump would beat the democrat candidate in 2024. They want him out of contention.

On a personal note, I think Trump is a lunatic and should never be president again. But IMHO compared to Biden or Harris he comes across as a genius!
      he can declassify to a point, it’s a system with checks and balances so one person/pillar doesn’t have supreme and unquestionable power
      if there is no evidence / paper trail of having declassified secrets and documents then it doesn’t count - his Hannity thing saying if he says it or even thinks it then it’s done is nonsense

and no, compared to Biden and Harris Trump is still a barely literate clown
      Kyle, read the Constitutions of the United States. It doesn't set up any procedures for "checks and balances" for the executive power of the president when he acts as the head of the executive department of the government. That is why the president can usurp the power of the legislature when he can issue executive orders which are tantamount to laws. All presidents have this power which goes unchecked by the Congress. President Biden has issued over 200 executives orders since he has been president. The most infamous one was the shutting down of the oil and gas industry on his first day as president. That resulted in very high gas prices at the pump which greatly has contributed to inflation. This is just one example of Biden's war against the people of the USA.

As I say, I'm no fan of Trump. But Biden and Harris are no better than Trump. At least when Trump was president, we didn't have 8% inflation, high energy prices, high food prices at the supermarkets, a decline of the USA prestige, around the world, a war in Europe, plus a rise in China's influence vis-a-vis the USA. Joe Biden is just an addle-brained, confused old fart who is leading the decline fo the USA. We, the younger generation, in the years to come, will eventually pay the price and pick up the pieces of his stupid mistakes!
      Vivimus Volare, Volamus Vivere,
    • From the perspective of a northern neighbor, Trump seems to be in the news daily once again in 2022. Biden not so much, and in case of Harris, one almost wonders: Who the fuck is Harris?

In addition to the storm victims on the east coast of Canada ... at the moment there's actually nothing much of interesst in the news except our trumpy neighbor Donald and his possible trials. Maybe that kitten from the local news climbing up a tree and didn't dare coming down again.
    • D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

I was just stating the fact that Trump or any sitting president has the power and authority granted by the Constitution to classify or declassify any or all government documents There is no higher authority over the president to prevent him from doing this, certainly not the Department of Justice nor the Congress. If indeed Trump did declassify the documents, he took to Mara-A-Lago no judicial body can indite him for a crime. What methods that he used to do this declassification, i.e., signing a legal document, saying it out load, or even "thinking it inside his head", the fact remains that he did nothing illegal or commit a criminal act that he could be indited for.

Let's face the facts here about this drama. It is nothing but naked politics where the democrats and President Biden are desperate to use any tool in their toolbox to prevent Trump from running for president again in 2024. They think that Trump would beat the democrat candidate in 2024. They want him out of contention.

On a personal note, I think Trump is a lunatic and should never be president again. But IMHO compared to Biden or Harris he comes across as a genius!
      he can declassify to a point, it’s a system with checks and balances so one person/pillar doesn’t have supreme and unquestionable powerif there is no evidence / paper trail of having declassified secrets and documents then it doesn’t count - his Hannity thing saying if he says it or even thinks it then it’s done is nonsense

and no, compared to Biden and Harris Trump is still a barely literate clown
      Kyle, read the Constitutions of the United States. It doesn't set up any procedures for "checks and balances" for the executive power of the president when he acts as the head of the executive department of the government. That is why the president can usurp the power of the legislature when he can issue executive orders which are tantamount to laws. All presidents have this power which goes unchecked by the Congress. President Biden has issued over 200 executives orders since he has been president. The most infamous one was the shutting down of the oil and gas industry on his first day as president. That resulted in very high gas prices at the pump which greatly has contributed to inflation. This is just one example of Biden's war against the people of the USA.
      As I say, I'm no fan of Trump. But Biden and Harris are no better than Trump. At least when Trump was president, we didn't have 8% inflation, high energy prices, high food prices at the supermarkets, a decline of the USA prestige, around the world, a war in Europe, plus a rise in China's influence vis-a-vis the USA. Joe Biden is just an addle-brained, confused old fart who is leading the decline fo the USA. We, the younger generation, in the years to come, will eventually pay the price and pick up the pieces of his stupid mistakes!
      You do realise because if Trump was have the high inflation because he made such a mess of things and gave so much money to billionaires and didn’t invest in the country
      4 years and he achieved nothing but damage

The president doesn’t have unlimited power and he certainly can’t just think or say top secret info like foreign nations nuclear secrets are declassified because he wants to take them home and presumably sell or gift them to foreign assets
      If there is no documentation saying it’s declassified, then it’s not declassified
      If he can’t prove that was done when he was in office with a verifiable paper trail, then it didn’t happen - he just stole from the nation for personal gain, committed acts of espionage

Saying he declassified it without proof after getting caught red handed doesn’t count
    • D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Please go back and do some additional research. A sitting president can de-classify some documents if he follows established procedures. And the fact remains, he didn't So, he's likely going to be indicted for doing something illegal and committing a criminal act.
    • Mick01 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Please go back and do some additional research. A sitting president can de-classify some documents if he follows established procedures. And the fact remains, he didn't So, he's likely going to be indicted for doing something illegal and committing a criminal act.
      I respectfully disagree. What established procedures are you referring? The president as chief officer of the executive department of the U.S. government has the constitutional right to declassify or classify any document without approval of any government entity which includes the Congress. This power has been in effect since George Washington, and it has been used by many presidents.

I don't believe Trump acted criminally and, if indicted, it will probably be thrown out if it goes to the SCOTUS.
    • D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Mick01 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

I respectfully disagree. What established procedures are you referring? The president as chief officer of the executive department of the U.S. government has the constitutional right to declassify or classify any document without approval of any government entity which includes the Congress. This power has been in effect since George Washington, and it has been used by many presidents.
      I don't believe Trump acted criminally and, if indicted, it will probably be thrown out if it goes to the SCOTUS.
      We could argue/discuss this forever but I'll just leave my perspective based on what i have read and then move on.
      The US Second Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2020 decision (directed towards Trump because he disseminated sensitive information) that "declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures." As part of those procedures, the president should go to the person/dept that originally classified them for review. Makes sense to me. But since there is no remedy in not doing that, means the president can declassify.
      There are federal laws in place that bar a president from taking government records. The president does not own those documents. So the government tried to get them back and Trump lied to them about he gave everything back and where they were stored. So that's where obstruction of justice is at play. That's indictable. That's the illegal act. He's also on the hook for violating federal laws about illegally possessing and disseminating restricted data (like nuclear information). Even if he said he declassified them, that wouldn't help him here. In fact, his attorneys have not entered anything into the record that he declassified everything or even some things as part of his defense. I doubt this would be thrown out at any level. It's serious stuff.
      Just my perspective based on what I have heard, read and learned since the Mar-A-Lago raid.
    • D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Mick01 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Of course he acted criminally - he had too secret documents stashed at his house
      Foreign nations nuclear secrets/info was amongst them
      He’s out of office and shouldn’t have had them there even in office
      He was told to return stuff, said he did and still had all that
      It’s espionage, it’s criminal
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

ok...the nuclear secrets bullshit has already been proven to be false. Can you please stop regurgitating every bullshot story you see on reddit?

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • Mick01 wrote:

Wrong, blackparadepissie. That is not even close to being accurate.
      Fiona (BlackParadePixie) is entirely correct. DOJ isn't indicting Trump on espionage or mishandling nuclear secrets about foreign friendly countries as reported in the liberal media. What they want to indict him is on conspiracy and withholding public documents at his residence Mara-A-Lago. That's probably the best they can get him on.

Another point: Your attack on Fiona using a corruption of her username is repugnant. Ad hominem attacks on anyone are uncalled for in any debate here!

YOU, SIR, ARE NO GENTLEMEN!
    • D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Mick01 wrote:

Fiona (BlackParadePixie) is entirely correct. DOJ isn't indicting Trump on espionage or mishandling nuclear secrets about foreign friendly countries as reported in the liberal media. What they want to indict him is on conspiracy and withholding public documents at his residence Mara-A-Lago. That's probably the best they can get him on.
      Another point: Your attack on Fiona using a corruption of her username is repugnant. Ad homidium attacks on anyone are uncalled for in any debate here!

YOU, SIR, ARE NO GENTLEMENT!!
      You're grossly misinformed.

And it's ad hominem, not ad homidium. And it's gentleman, not gentlement. Glad you caught on to the spelling of indict.
    • Mick01 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

Mick01 wrote:

Fiona (BlackParadePixie) is entirely correct. DOJ isn't indicting Trump on espionage or mishandling nuclear secrets about foreign friendly countries as reported in the liberal media. What they want to indict him is on conspiracy and withholding public documents at his residence Mara-A-Lago. That's probably the best they can get him on.Another point: Your attack on Fiona using a corruption of her username is repugnant. Ad homidium attacks on anyone are uncalled for in any debate here!

YOU, SIR, ARE NO GENTLEMENT!!
      You're grossly misinformed.
      And it's ad hominem, not ad homidium. And it's gentleman, not gentlement. Glad you caught on to the spelling of indict.
      No, you are the grossly misinformed one in this debate. I think your political bias has scrambled your brains. You are beginning to sound like that moron who occupies the Oval Office in D.C.

This is my last comment on this subject to you.

BTW, thanks for the spelling corrections. I am not known for my accurate spelling anyway. It's the ideas that count the most and not spelling.