Elections and Voting

• collin13 wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

D. Falcon_11 wrote:

November 8, 2022 is national election day in USA. Pollsters and "wonk" pundits are predicting a "Red Wave" will put the Republicans in control of the Senate and House.

What are your prediction? Red Wave or Blue Wave?
      It’s looking more like blue not red, but only if people get out and vote and the Republicans don’t try steal it again
      :lol: what fairytale land do you live in??
      I guess we’ll see :) They’re the only one with actual plans other than the right wingers agendas like banning abortionDon’t you want a party that actually considers womens rights and the environment and making big business etc pay their fair share instead of the middle class getting it in the butt?
      You do realize that the abortion issue was transferred to the State level right? As for the middle class comment, many of the policies of Biden are driving inflation. People expect businesses to eat their costs when the very nature of business is to make profit. With gas prices so high, that adds to overhead which is ALWAYS passed on the the consumer. What would your solution be to deal with that? More taxes? Guess who that's passed on to. Do you expect the government to prevent business from doing what they do? Slippery slope my friend! Very slippery slope.The whole problem with the Government as a whole is that both sides have separated themselves by going further and further to the poles and becoming more and more radical in their approaches. Its a complete joke. Both sides are stupid and behave poorly and quite frankly SUCK !!!!
      Lol that all sounds straight out of Fox NewsAbortion is state level and that needs to change because it’s wrong and Republicans want an outright national ban
      Bidens policies are superior, the Republicans have no plan to bring down inflation, they’re mostly responsible for it
      Under Trump the national debt increased drastically every year and Biden has already got it shrinking

Cost of living prices are from gouging, oil companies are making such record profits they’re buying their stocks back - there is no excuse for what they’re charging at the pump

Corporate profits are soaring, but they aren’t passing that on to customers or employees - Biden is doing what no one has had the guts to do and is trying to get stuff passed so they can be made to pay their fair share

the USA and the world can’t afford another Trump admin. Hopefully he’s in handcuffs soon

all political parties suck sure, the republicans just suck more with their constant lies

You know the republicans are worse because they’re the party the neo nazis and the kkk have exclusively voted for the past half century or so
      Don't know the first thing about Fox news. I'm sure it is as ridiculous as what ever news source you get your fairy tale information from but that's what makes the world go round. That said, I won't debate with someone who jumps right to racism and uses that as a basis of their argument. Talk later about something else, perhaps who is responsible for the recession that we are all about to enter. Hope your parents make good money and have good solid jobs and that you don't suffer as a result because where I live, people are already suffering and it is really shitty and it is not because of the Russians (I said that because I'm sure that will be your excuse).
      lol why would they be my excuse?
      Trump may have been their man but he did his own damage
    • The biggest problem for the democrats is its "leader" President Joe Biden. The Greeks have a saying, "a rotten fish stinks from its head". As I see it, the democrats offer no real solutions to the many problems confronting the USA. In fact, they are denying that the USA has any problems on any levels, i.e., Inflation (8.5%), crime running rampart in major cities, energy prices going through the roof since Biden took office, chaos on the U.S/Mexico border (4.8 million illegal migrants crossing the border since 2021), shortage of diesel fuel, supply chain disruptions, withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle, the many problem with his son, Hunter and his laptop, rogue FBI and DOJ agents, and great many violations of rights of U.S. citizens as guaranteed under the Constitution, as amended.
      Vivimus Volare, Volamus Vivere,
    • Sorry to have to say, they do a lot in my opinion but do less to get it in other Americans mind to acknowledge what they do. So President Biden isn't really the problem. The problem is that Dems tend to be less aggressive than the Reps, and especially the MAGAN Reps.

Lately Biden has been outspoken about the Reps on occasion, but that approached more as if a little mouse complains in a shy, squeaky voice about the noisy party of hungry cats in the house.

The two or three Dems who have held their stand against their Rep opponents so far don't matter, in case of the probable outcome of this year's elections.

Biden just played the usual game he's used to for decades in the politcal circus. From the day on, he stepped into the oval office as the new US President, he should've called out the Reps as the crooks they are. Now, it's simply too late, to go kick ass those right wing maga dimshits.

And that's his only flaw ... beside of his age.
    • MThe biggest problem for the democrats is its "leader" President Joe Biden. The Greeks have a saying, "a rotten fish stinks from its head". As I see it, the democrats offer no real solutions to the many problems confronting the USA. In fact, they are denying that the USA has any problems on any levels, i.e., Inflation (8.5%), crime running rampart in major cities, energy prices going through the roof since Biden took office, chaos on the U.S/Mexico border (4.8 million illegal migrants crossing the border since 2021), shortage of diesel fuel, supply chain disruptions, withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle, the many problem with his son, Hunter and his laptop, rogue FBI and DOJ agents, and great many violations of rights of U.S. citizens as guaranteed under the Constitution, as amended.
      Most of that is just Fox News talking points that aren’t on him - if you bring up hunter Bidens laptop it basically means you have nothing
      It’s so irrelevant and not really even admissible

Biden has had 4 years of Trump’s mess and all sorts of post Trump crazy to deal with and he’s getting it done
    • D. Falcon_11 wrote:

The biggest problem for the democrats is its "leader" President Joe Biden. The Greeks have a saying, "a rotten fish stinks from its head". As I see it, the democrats offer no real solutions to the many problems confronting the USA. In fact, they are denying that the USA has any problems on any levels, i.e., Inflation (8.5%), crime running rampart in major cities, energy prices going through the roof since Biden took office, chaos on the U.S/Mexico border (4.8 million illegal migrants crossing the border since 2021), shortage of diesel fuel, supply chain disruptions, withdrawal from Afghanistan debacle, the many problem with his son, Hunter and his laptop, rogue FBI and DOJ agents, and great many violations of rights of U.S. citizens as guaranteed under the Constitution, as amended.
      1. D. Falcon has some diarrhea of the brain going on. Lots of shit is coming out but nothing is formed or solid. His mission is to blame everything on Biden.
      2. Democrats are denying that anything is wrong on any level? What democrats are saying that? Or is it literally every democrat and do you really believe that?
      3. Crime running "rampart" (think you mean rampant) in every city? It was under Trump as well. So Biden should have a solution to that in 18 months in office but Trump is off the hook after doing nothing in 4 years? What party gets most of their donations from the NRA?
      4. Supply chain disruptions? Do you actually know when they started? During COVID when Trump wanted people to swallow disinfectant for protection from the virus.
      5. Migrants crossing the border? How about Trump separating children from their parents? Seems chaotic and cruel to me.
      6. Great many violations of rights of citizens? Like voting rights? Abortion rights? Gay marriage?Oh wait, the republicans are driving that. Tell me Falcon, what has Biden done to violate the rights of citizens, as amended (whatever the fuck that means).
      7. And please tell me specifics on rogue FBI and DOJ employees. Once again, please be specific and no generalities. Who are the rogues?
      8. And wtf does Hunter Biden have to do with problems facing our country?
    • Oil is a commodity, like wheat and corn, and priced accordingly. From a google search:
      Just like equity securities, commodity prices are primarily determined by the forces of supply and demand in the market. 2 For example, if the supply of oil increases, the price of one barrel decreases. Conversely, if demand for oil increases (which often happens during the summer), the price rises.

During the pandemic usage went down, so pricing went down. Demand is up, and Saudi's cut back production, so prices are up. Neither Biden or Trump, or any president controls commodity prices.

Oil companies also get federal subsidies, also from Google:
      ExxonMobil currently benefits from a wide range of very generous federal tax subsidies, ranging from the tax exemption on Foreign Oil and Gas Extraction Income (FOGEI) to the Last-In, First-Out (LIFO) accounting method. Every year, these tax subsidies cost the American taxpayer an average of $12 to $19 billion.

They also got subsidies in 2020, from e360.yale,edu, Yale University:

Fossil Fuels Received $5.9 Trillion In Subsidies in 2020, Report Finds. Coal, oil, and natural gas received $5.9 trillion in subsidies in 2020 — or roughly $11 million every minute — according to a new analysis from the International Monetary Fund. Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total.

So profits were down, but the Trump admin gave them subsidies, as well as to other businesses that were affected such as farmers, $35 Billion according to npr.org and airlines, $54 billion according to reuters.com which contributed to the national debt increasing to a record level.

Inflation is driven by an excess of money in the system, so the stimulus payments by the Biden administration did have an adverse effect, but Trump admin also sent out stimulus payments. These payments are part of the recession problem, which should be an actual recession, but by definition it hasn't gotten to that official status yet because jobs are still growing. If they begin to decrease it will become "official"

Regarding the US election, all of the above, plus abortion rights, are in play, as well as crime, student loan relief and other factors. My family watches various news channels, both left and right based. Neither has all the answers, but from my observations its rare to see a Republican candidate actually tell voters what their plans are, most it's just criticism of the current administration. There may be local races where Republicans are doing this and if anyone has examples I'd like to know so I can view them.

Voting is important, no matter who you vote for
    • Kyle07 wrote:

Pity about Florida, going to get worse there for a while :(

You referring to St. Ron DeSanctimonious, canonized by his Helliness Pope Donaldus I. ?

The man created by God himself to be a Fighter on the 8th Day?

Seems God was a little tired from the seven days of creation.

Because DeSanctimonious looks like an overripe potato which thinks to be a warrior, but who can't take two steps without pausing for breath.
    • lliam wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

You referring to St. Ron DeSanctimonious, canonized by his Helliness Pope Donaldus I. ?

The man created by God himself to be a Fighter on the 8th Day?

Seems God was a little tired from the seven days of creation.

Because DeSanctimonious looks like an overripe potato which thinks to be a warrior, but who can't take two steps without pausing for breath.
      He’s a turd that’s for sure, Donald doesn’t like him anymore now he’s a threat to him running
      It’s pretty funny how quickly they turn on each other
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

Looking pretty good so far
      what exactly is going to get "worse" ??
      If you have friends or family in the LGBTQ community, particularly if they’re trans - they’ll be able to tell you why DeSantis and the GOP securing more power in FL is a problem there and elsewhere
      He’s crooked af
      The idiots even re-elected Matt Gaetz, he’s still being investigated for child sex offenses/trafficking

they’re bad news

I get you’ve got the ingrained they’re republicans therefore they’re better because they’re not democrats conditioning… but do try think about it

It’s so cultish. People will say they love their LGBT and other minority friends and then vote for people who don’t want those friends to even exist
    • BlackParadePixie wrote:

Kyle07 wrote:

BlackParadePixie wrote:

a 15 year old telling me to try and think about it :lol:

that's rich.
      is it?Is asking people to consider others so bad?
      that's not really what you're doing, but ok.
      Totally is

I’m saying it’s beyond sad that more people who didn’t care about others voted for people who make conditions and rights for minorities and lgbt worse

If you don’t see that as a problem… especially if you chat with those people here

it’s just sad