Was that Inappropriate!

• medina1289 wrote:

In my HS locker room, the coach's room is attached and the female coaches walk through, but they keep it quick.

Of course, we don't get truly naked. The worst they may see is a sports bra. When we change our shorts or pants, the underwear stays on and we always keep shirts on then. Most of us change facing the lockers.
      In my HS locker room its the same way. The coaches room is attached. Male coaches and teachers do walk thru. Fairly quickly. We do get naked tho. Not for PE but after school sports. I have even had a full on discussion with a coach while showering naked. I thought it was creepy AF. Well not really. Nothing he did or said made me feel creepy. He's actually cool. I just thought it was weird. I guess he didn't think the talk could wait till tomorrow or it was nothing to him. It was something to me. I don't like adults seeing me naked. Not adults I know.
    • Basically if the OP feels its inappropriate, it is. A situation like a opposite gender adult in an area where teen nudity can be reasonably expected shouldn't come down to how many think its wrong, for even one person to feel it is should be enough to stop the practice. And I'm not convinced even a same gender adult belongs in a locker room unless they are part of the physical education group. There are circumstances when it may be required, but shouldn't happen casually.
    • I am at an all boys Catholic school. Only male coaches come into our locker room. They are in there to supervise, make sure we shower, behave etc. I really don't see anything wrong with males coming in provided they act appropriately. In other words, a teacher should not be having a conversation while a student is changing and so forth. Emergency excepted of course.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

medina1289 wrote:

In my HS locker room, the coach's room is attached and the female coaches walk through, but they keep it quick.

Of course, we don't get truly naked. The worst they may see is a sports bra. When we change our shorts or pants, the underwear stays on and we always keep shirts on then. Most of us change facing the lockers.
      In my HS locker room its the same way. The coaches room is attached. Male coaches and teachers do walk thru. Fairly quickly. We do get naked tho. Not for PE but after school sports. I have even had a full on discussion with a coach while showering naked. I thought it was creepy AF. Well not really. Nothing he did or said made me feel creepy. He's actually cool. I just thought it was weird. I guess he didn't think the talk could wait till tomorrow or it was nothing to him. It was something to me. I don't like adults seeing me naked. Not adults I know.
      Graham,

I agree with you on the example you cited. I might be creeped out having a conversation while fully naked and speaking with a fully clothed adult. At the very least, he could have waited until you had finished dressing.
    • pahern0317 wrote:

I am at an all boys Catholic school. Only male coaches come into our locker room. They are in there to supervise, make sure we shower, behave etc. I really don't see anything wrong with males coming in provided they act appropriately. In other words, a teacher should not be having a conversation while a student is changing and so forth. Emergency excepted of course.
      So the coaches never have a conversation with students while changing? It would happen sometimes in the locker room here. Not in the shower, but in the changing area. So you would see a coach talking to a student while they were in underwear and such
    • Benny973 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

I am at an all boys Catholic school. Only male coaches come into our locker room. They are in there to supervise, make sure we shower, behave etc. I really don't see anything wrong with males coming in provided they act appropriately. In other words, a teacher should not be having a conversation while a student is changing and so forth. Emergency excepted of course.
      So the coaches never have a conversation with students while changing? It would happen sometimes in the locker room here. Not in the shower, but in the changing area. So you would see a coach talking to a student while they were in underwear and such
      Coaches and teaches definitely have discussions with us while changing. To me that's no biggie at all. I was the one who brought up that a coach had a discussion with me while I was showering and he was walking thru. It was a bit weird I thought to say the least. Not a big fan when adults I know see me naked in general let alone a 20 second talk where he has the opportunity to take a longer mental picture.
    • Benny973 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

It’s only a big deal if the coach is a different gender I think
      Ours has shared the showers with us at the pool, wasn’t a big deal
    • seashellginger wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

It’s only a big deal if the coach is a different gender I thinkOurs has shared the showers with us at the pool, wasn’t a big deal
      Australia is probably more open about nudity than America. In America I think it would be pretty sus and sketch and creepy for adult coaches to shower with the children they coach. I shower with adult men at the swimming pool and that is weird enough imo. But those are strangers who I'll likely never see again where coaches have the potential and opportunity to groom kids if they are gay pedos. So seeing them naked for such a long time and being that close to them and them being naked as well is just inappropriate imo. Having said that, I have seen some of my coaches naked just before getting into a private shower before, and I was naked as well. But at least we weren't showering in the same shower at the same time.
    • Rocky Basin wrote:

that would make me uncomfortable but at my school male coaches have came through for a walk through just for checks and we have been seen naked by them
      That's how it is at my school, coaches walk through to their office, don't linger or hang around while we change and shower.
      But there is always at the door where we drop our towels, checking to make sure we showered. Out of sight from the lockers
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

seashellginger wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

It’s only a big deal if the coach is a different gender I thinkOurs has shared the showers with us at the pool, wasn’t a big deal
      Australia is probably more open about nudity than America. In America I think it would be pretty sus and sketch and creepy for adult coaches to shower with the children they coach. I shower with adult men at the swimming pool and that is weird enough imo. But those are strangers who I'll likely never see again where coaches have the potential and opportunity to groom kids if they are gay pedos. So seeing them naked for such a long time and being that close to them and them being naked as well is just inappropriate imo. Having said that, I have seen some of my coaches naked just before getting into a private shower before, and I was naked as well. But at least we weren't showering in the same shower at the same time.
      I have showered at the rec center pool and the gym with adults. Our coaches at school have a private shower off the coaches' office and shower in it. I have seen a few of them naked while changing clothes if they leave the door open. They have seen us naked too and it does not bother me.
    • gagefromtx wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

seashellginger wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

I have showered at the rec center pool and the gym with adults. Our coaches at school have a private shower off the coaches' office and shower in it. I have seen a few of them naked while changing clothes if they leave the door open. They have seen us naked too and it does not bother me.
      I would have no problem seeing my coaches naked from 50 feet away through a glass window. Or reverse it and they see me. It's just a naked body. I'm not prude and nudity doesn't bother me in the slightest. I would even be ok if my coaches were naked and changing while discussing coaching or whater while we were naked and changing talking about whatever just feet away. It's the long interactions and body touching that is potentially weird. A shower can be so intimate for lack of a better word. You're touching your dick and butt and everywhere. Lathered up. And showers typically take 3-5+ minutes - much longer than the time to change clothes. And typically there's discussions with eye contact happening in showers. Just a potential recipe for a potential pedo imo.