Urge to have sex

• The first thing is to not to feel shame for having these feelings. You can minimize these feelings by focusing on other activities such as going to the gym, going out for a jog or go swimming or anything that makes you feel good. Don't turn those feelings into numbers - meaning don't compete with you friends to see who can have sex with the most people, that will not satisfy your sexual needs
    • theletters wrote:

Its weird to describe this feeling. im not just horny, but also i have a strong urge to want to have sex with somebody. its like masturbating isnt enough like i have to have sex. is there anything i can do about it

Its the hormones. Its normal i guess. You can try and simulate sex if u want ( holding your hand steady but only moving your body. try this)
      sosigi doggo [:
    • didyroio wrote:

Its the hormones. Its normal i guess. You can try and simulate sex if u want ( holding your hand steady but only moving your body. try this)
      There's a definitely instinct to hump, isn't there.

But back to the original question, no I have not found there to be such a difference. Whether any particular orgasm leaves me fully satisfied so I have a few hours to concentrate on something else or whether I am back horny again ten minutes later seems to me to depend on how much I got into the build-up.

Yes, sex would generally give one of those really satisfying orgasms but then so can masturbation if you take your time, fantasise. edge for a bit and finally go for it. What is more likely to leave you wanting more is a five minute quicky wank because that's all the time you've got.
    • trey_c wrote:

Not to get too personal, but have you had sex yet? Before I had sex the first time, jerking off kept me satisfied but after I had sex, sex or oral is all I wanted to do. I could never get the same orgasm from doing it myself.
      Were you asking me or theletters? Or maybe both?

In my case, yes I have and I wouldn't turn down sex and choose to masturbate instead. Also a pussy, a mouth or my hand all feel different from each other. But I have never viewed masturbation as the booby prize, i.e. a poor substitute and got good at really enjoying it before having sex for the first time.

Then there is the questions of what leads to what. For me, I can be with someone I am attracted to and, being horny at the same time, that can translate to a desire to have sex with them. But I have never sat at home and thought "What I need is to go out and have sex with someone. I don't know who, yet, but I'll find someone" which seems more like what theletters was talking about.

Of course, I can only speak for myself. Others may experience this differently.
    • theletters wrote:

Its weird to describe this feeling. im not just horny, but also i have a strong urge to want to have sex with somebody. its like masturbating isnt enough like i have to have sex. is there anything i can do about it
      There's definitely a difference between the urges and the feeling between sexual intercourse and masturbating. Intercourse is more intense, but masturbation is still great imo! There's nothing you can do about it unless you find a consenting partner tho.
    • I have sex on a very irregular basis so I have to masturbate to get relief. I agree with what was said; we're going through puberty, hormones are raging, our bodies are developing and we get horny anytime. Edging really helps. It's better than a quickie hand job, I agree. I don't think the cold shower will do the trick either.
      Somewhat hyper
    • CooperJ wrote:

I have sex on a very irregular basis so I have to masturbate to get relief. I agree with what was said; we're going through puberty, hormones are raging, our bodies are developing and we get horny anytime. Edging really helps. It's better than a quickie hand job, I agree. I don't think the cold shower will do the trick either.
      I'm the same, even more irregular since he's got a job on weekends, so masturbation is my relief. And edging does help sate the frequency urge
    • I think all teens get sex irregularly. I always question the people who say they get sex regularly or sleep with their SO on here. I call BS. No parents allow that. That's fantasy. My mom would no sooner let me sleep or have sex with a girl than let me eat pizza and cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

I think all teens get sex irregularly. I always question the people who say they get sex regularly or sleep with their SO on here. I call BS. No parents allow that. That's fantasy. My mom would no sooner let me sleep or have sex with a girl than let me eat pizza and cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week.
      not disagreeing with you saying that some of the stories seem fake...but not all parents have the same rules. Many people are raised quite differently in different parts of the country, or world, in different cultures, etc.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

I think all teens get sex irregularly. I always question the people who say they get sex regularly or sleep with their SO on here. I call BS. No parents allow that. That's fantasy. My mom would no sooner let me sleep or have sex with a girl than let me eat pizza and cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week.
      I agree to a point. But I do know a family who allows the 17 year old to have his gf sleep over. A lot. There are four other kids in the family. Odd. Very odd. Probably illegal af
      Somewhat hyper
    • CooperJ wrote:

In this country 18 is the age of consent. So the parents are liable
      Here in the UK we also have an age of criminal responsibility which, at ten years old, is different from the age of majoriy. This is the age at which people can be arrested for their own crimes rather than it being considered the parents responsibility. So here, even if the age of consent were 18, or the couple concerned were a couple of years younger, it would be they who were committing an offence by having sex, not their parents for failing to prevent them from having sex.